51 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Awwww, looks like someone needs a hug!

i have already but it doesnt help!

these visa runs is bad enough already.

but to get sat next to one of these guys

..my research in English, they call... 

cruel and unusual punishment.555

• Like 1

I had a similar incident but the guy was just with me for like 2 hours so not too bad. This guy told me these top top guys he knows can get long term visas for 250k baht. I'd only sat down for a minute and he starts waffling any word he knows in thai funtok maak stuff like that. It was a lovely sunny day so God knows why he waffled that. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

in confined space of a van, dont have to shout.
And sometime people will wanna chill..not listen to you for many hours babbling crap!

Earphones, no need to listen to music, just pretend.

Green bus to Chang Rai 130bht (central is 2nd stop), Blue Bird Van (central every 10 minutes) to Mae Sai 50bht, Songtaw to  border 15bht.

Usually I'm the only foreigner on the vehicle.

Need to book Green bus, 'cos they are always full on the way up.

Green bus do 30 bus a day to CR but only a couple to MS, so easier to get Blue Bird to MS.

Avoid VISA run vans, always full of bloody foreigners and expensive.

Why pay 1,000bht when you can do it for 450bht?

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Earphones, no need to listen to music, just pretend.

Green bus to Chang Rai 130bht (central is 2nd stop), Blue Bird Van (central every 10 minutes) to Mae Sai 50bht, Songtaw to  border 15bht.

Usually I'm the only foreigner on the vehicle.

Need to book Green bus, 'cos they are always full on the way up.

Green bus do 30 bus a day to CR but only a couple to MS, so easier to get Blue Bird to MS.

Avoid VISA run vans, always full of bloody foreigners and expensive.

Why pay 1,000bht when you can do it for 450bht?

That's the way I did it from C M, but I never found a better option in Pattaya than the van from Soi 6. Lux seats, tv, functioning AC, all inclusive and a meal when arrive back. Usual mad driver.

Worth every baht.

12 hours ago, Justfine said:

Is it the Brits or the Americans who are loud?

I say Brits are ok if alone. If they in a group well thats a other story.

Americans, they mostly loud all the time and a new tourist is worst.

If they been here a while probably not so loud but they spoil themself by being  a

big "know-all"

dont get me start oh the king kong JI joes and ex miliatary CIA guys

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

Reminds me of a visa run I nearly made a few years ago from Tesco Sukhumvit as I was too lazy to drive myself.

Arriving early I saw the van was not as sumptuous as I had expected with tatty plastic seats and darkened windows.

Then I saw my fellow passengers waiting to board. 

One was a middle aged asian  woman who must have covered every inch of her body with strong tiger balm. You could smell her coming from 4 yards away and she positively shimmered.

Next were 3 big black guys who were each holding a KFC bag of chicken to eat on the journey.

Then there were 4 Filipinos , three women and a man frantically smoking cigarettes before boarding the van.

And to complete this assault on the nasal senses there were two portly falangs who smelt like they had been drinking beer all night and not gone home to change.

The thought of being locked in a small space for 6 hours with this bunch was too much to contemplate so I went home and got the car out.

oh goodness

this sound like my visa run nightmare. as well as "my friend" there is 3 Phillipino

yapping the whole time up the front row.

even before we leave, one of them manage to spill hot coffee all over the seat and floor so poor driver has to go mop it all up with a rag .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

????????????????????

A multi non O requires a visa run and is still a "proper" visa.

What are you on about?

Instead of a multi, get a single entry non O and get an extension based on marriage, retirement, whatever. Boom, no need to for gnarly visa runs. Another option would be the Elite visa; again no visa runs required. 

1 hour ago, mjnaus said:

Instead of a multi, get a single entry non O and get an extension based on marriage, retirement, whatever. Boom, no need to for gnarly visa runs. Another option would be the Elite visa; again no visa runs required. 

boom huh

ok for us old guys but not everyone is over 50 or married or wanna be married.

(think i rather do visa run.555)

actually i know some guys who is married but still having to leave the country every 3 months so not sure about that ?

• Like 2

On 3/5/2018 at 5:09 PM, tingtongtourist said:

when in a visa run van.

in confined space of a van, dont have to shout.
And sometime people will wanna chill..not listen to you for many hours babbling crap!

I get bored on long bus journeys and just like to annoy the other passengers.

When my phone rings , I let it ring for ten minutes, before I answer it

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I get bored on long bus journeys and just like to annoy the other passengers.

When my phone rings , I let it ring for ten minutes, before I answer it

I avoid them. Too many annoying people who don't appreciate how golden silence is and people playing with chip packets I can't stand.

24 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

quote: 

i suppose i forget to actually say i been here 10 years+, also do thai language school 2 years, but of coarse he never did ask that to find out, just wanna BS!

Hint 1:

if you talk to a guy like me..better you try to give me ENGLISH language lesson..

Reply:  okay, I will give you an English lesson: it is "of course" and not "of coarse" 

And you can pick that up in conversation??  Wow!

I say since you know WELL in advanced of your “ visa run” don’t be such cheap skates and buy a plane ticket. Many are available for well under 1000 baht. If that’s too expensive then go to wherever you can work and save more for your furure. Do you really want to spend your golden years in a mini van every 60 or 90 days? From above reports they sound miserable! But then we all know what misery does!! So maybe it’s perfect for some. 

Edited by alex8912

On 3/6/2018 at 5:58 AM, Justfine said:

Is it the Brits or the Americans who are loud?

It would seem that there are loud, obnoxious, and opinionated people from almost
 every country...  

Conversely, there are some very nice, genuine people from all countries.

Edited by Wanderer555
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, asiamaster said:

quote: 

i suppose i forget to actually say i been here 10 years+, also do thai language school 2 years, but of coarse he never did ask that to find out, just wanna BS!

Hint 1:

if you talk to a guy like me..better you try to give me ENGLISH language lesson..

Reply:  okay, I will give you an English lesson: it is "of course" and not "of coarse" 

thanks see, now that i can appreciate