Farang-- WHY do you do it?

18 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

boom huh

ok for us old guys but not everyone is over 50 or married or wanna be married.

(think i rather do visa run.555)

actually i know some guys who is married but still having to leave the country every 3 months so not sure about that ?

If you have a legit reason to be in the country long-term; ie being married, retired or have a job, you don't need to do visa runs. Period. You can get the proper visa, extend it and be done with it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

I say Brits are ok if alone. If they in a group well thats a other story.

Americans, they mostly loud all the time and a new tourist is worst.

If they been here a while probably not so loud but they spoil themself by being  a

big "know-all"

dont get me start oh the king kong JI joes and ex miliatary CIA guys

Additionally,  many are polite, thoughtful well-educated gentlemen, but it very location dependent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

If you have a legit reason to be in the country long-term; ie being married, retired or have a job, you don't need to do visa runs. Period. You can get the proper visa, extend it and be done with it.

not sure buf I understand if even you are married but dont wanna lock up 400k in a bank you must do every 3 months

1 minute ago, tingtongtourist said:

not sure buf I understand if even you are married but dont wanna lock up 400k in a bank you must do every 3 months

Monthly income method.....

For a Retirement Extension, I believe it is 64,000 Baht/month verified by your Embassy.
For a Non-O Marriage visa extension, I think it is 34,000 baht/month.

I use the Income Method as I can make more money keeping the 800,000.00 Baht in a US account than it costs me for the Income Verification letter each year.

8 minutes ago, Wanderer555 said:

Monthly income method.....

For a Retirement Extension, I believe it is 64,000 Baht/month verified by your Embassy.
For a Non-O Marriage visa extension, I think it is 34,000 baht/month.

I use the Income Method as I can make more money keeping the 800,000.00 Baht in a US account than it costs me for the Income Verification letter each year.

so excuse, but to do this must be outside source of income?

or can send yourself the monthly amount from your other bank account back home?

20 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

No need to "lock up" anything. The funds need to be there only for 3 months (I think?), big woof. And if you can't pull that off, you can always go the income route.  

9 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

so excuse, but to do this must be outside source of income?

or can send yourself the monthly amount from your other bank account back home?

As an American, I can use any periodic income source, and the income is not required to be transferred to Thailand.
I have verifiable income from a few sources, and usually just transfer enough for my typical monthly expenses.

I have been told other countries have different requirements as determined by their individual agreements with the Thai government.
Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Maybe you can get a 'Please Do Not Disturb' sign and hang it around your neck. Alternatively, pretend not to speak English.

Or on a t-shirt then on the back "already disturbed"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2018 at 7:19 PM, tingtongtourist said:

i have already but it doesnt help!

these visa runs is bad enough already.

but to get sat next to one of these guys

..my research in English, they call... 

cruel and unusual punishment.555

Write down on a piece of Paper in Thai / English, (Sorry i am Deaf ) and then if they keep talking just Nut him.  :cheesy:

On 3/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, tingtongtourist said:

Why you still doing visa runs if you've been here 10 years. Why not take an ED course ............ :passifier:

On 3/5/2018 at 7:19 AM, tingtongtourist said:

dont use a visa service, do it yourself!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjnaus said:

actually depends on the visa. If you get a multi entry visa you need to leave every 90 days. 

On 06/03/2018 at 7:11 PM, mjnaus said:

Instead of a multi, get a single entry non O and get an extension based on marriage, retirement, whatever. Boom, no need to for gnarly visa runs. Another option would be the Elite visa; again no visa runs required. 

There is a Boom boom visa now? 

I don't know why people complain about the system..... This is a great initiative. 

Self-inflicted wound. Getting on a van, when there are so many alternatives for a visa run, is the same IMHO as getting sozzled on Lao Khao.

The only van trip I have ever done in Thailand was Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son. Two people throwing up going there, three on the way back. I decided then only masochists would want a repeat performance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

The OP and his post only reinforces my policy to avoid conversations with non-English speaking farangs when shopping at Big C.

I am the same in Lotus . A new ferlung in town and I hide behind the fresh meat counter.

Heard all their BS over the years , if I need to hear more there will always be a portion on tv.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:37 PM, lemonjelly said:

me: mobile phone, earphones, power bank... chilled beats... never get your kind of easily solved problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

me: proper visa or flight out.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, mjnaus said:

Instead of a multi, get a single entry non O and get an extension based on marriage, retirement, whatever. Boom, no need to for gnarly visa runs. Another option would be the Elite visa; again no visa runs required. 

Some of us like the option of a holiday to another country every 90 days.

Some of us don't have the monetary requirements to get an extension.

Some of us will do whatever we want to do, and it's no body else's business why.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of us like the option of a holiday to another country every 90 days.

So do I. I've never heard of an extension preventing someone from holidaying abroad.

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of us don't have the monetary requirements to get an extension.

Bummer! Maybe some day you will...

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Some of us will do whatever we want to do, and it's no body else's business why.

By all means!

On 05/03/2018 at 7:19 PM, tingtongtourist said:

I enjoy chatting with travellers. It can be very interesting and rewarding.  But I rarely go on small buses and have ear plugs,  headphones and a selection of movies to watch to help pass time.  If you do not want to chat try to learn the polite way to express this feeling, learn body language and the necessary conversational gambits to avoid people talking to you. However, your cheap ticket does not give you the to silence other people. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HooHaa said:

me: proper visa or flight out.

proper? what is proper visa then?

i guess we must to tell those 30,000 tourist they cheat the system because they have tourist visa?

wow i used to feel a bit sorry about guys who marry to Thai, buy a house and then loose everything soon after and end up with nothing.

i guess them to will find they have no "proper" visa after the divorce.

I actually now enjoy visa runs with the wife because we make a 5 day mini holiday out of it. But that is because we always use our own car and I never go with a via run company any more.

I thought about getting the retirement visa but don't really want to have to transfer the cash over from the UK to put on my Thai Bank account. Might have done so years ago when the exchange rate was 70 baht to the pound but not at 42.