Russian women yet to face Phuket coral charges in court

snoop1130

Russian women yet to face Phuket coral charges in court

1520242769_1-org.jpg

Some of the dead coral and shells found at the bungalow of Liliya Karmanova and Polina Likman. Photo: DMCR Phuket office

PHUKET:-- The two Russian women charged with illegal possession of corals that they say they bought from a man selling by the pack at a beach in Phuket have yet to have their case heard in court more than a month after their arrest.

The women – Russian university student Liliya Karmanova, 20, and her friend Polina Likman, 21 – were arrested by the Karon Police and then taken to be detained at the holding cells at Phuket Provincial Court on Feb 1 following a complaint filed by the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources (DMCR) Phuket office.

The complaint was filed after a tip-off – from a person who the DMCR and the Karon Police at the time identified as a “neighbour” who saw Ms Karmanova pouring toilet bleach onto the corals at their rented bungalow in Karon.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-women-yet-to-face-phuket-coral-charges-in-court-66208.php#16YFdD3IvgHofIiS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-3-5

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Who doesn´t appreciate an extended stay in Thailand on the government expense?

Idiot!

Their lives are being messed with as a result of a minor, accidental transgression! You think the Government is paying  for their food and accommodation while they're out on bail? I can assure you they are not. I've accommodated someone in a similar position and I can assure you he did not appreciate waiting over a month for his court case to be heard. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, madmitch said:

Idiot!

Their lives are being messed with as a result of a minor, accidental transgression! You think the Government is paying  for their food and accommodation while they're out on bail? I can assure you they are not. I've accommodated someone in a similar position and I can assure you he did not appreciate waiting over a month for his court case to be heard. 

Ok, I´m an idiot, and you are appearently mad. :smile: :thumbsup:  When we now have established thoose two hard facts, can we please go in to more relevant discussion technique?

I do not know if they are guilty of a crime or not. Maybe their version is true and they are beeing accused for the wrong reasons. In that case of course they are treated in a wrong way.
However, if they in any case have broken the law. Why would they get a speedy procedure. If they are rightfully accused, they could have been resisting the urge to pick the corals. In that case there would not be a court case, and they would be free to plan their life as they wished.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Ok, I´m an idiot, and you are appearently mad. :smile: :thumbsup:  When we now have established thoose two hard facts, can we please go in to more relevant discussion technique?

I do not know if they are guilty of a crime or not. Maybe their version is true and they are beeing accused for the wrong reasons. In that case of course they are treated in a wrong way.
However, if they in any case have broken the law. Why would they get a speedy procedure. If they are rightfully accused, they could have been resisting the urge to pick the corals. In that case there would not be a court case, and they would be free to plan their life as they wished.

I responded to your flippant comment regarding free board and lodging. Nothing else.

Edited by madmitch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, madmitch said:
6 hours ago, Get Real said:

I responded to your flippant comment regarding free board and lodging. Nothing else.

It may have been appropriately sarcastic, rather than flippant. 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2018 at 9:56 AM, madmitch said:

I gave up on this guy ages ago- he excels at trolling and baiting. His avatar says it all.

Edited by Psimbo