Maid finds German man hanged in Udon back garden

snoop1130

Maid finds German man hanged in Udon back garden

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRlGbdUzFqxPzPjlmU.jpg

A young maid arrived at the home of her German employer to find him hanging from a metal washing line in the back garden.

Seventy one year old Maximilian Friedrich had been dead for about two hours when the cops and medics arrived on the scene at the detached bungalow in Nong Bua sub-district. 

He was dressed in polo shirt and long trousers and his blue flip-flops were beside his body. He had used a green nylon rope to hang himself. 

Maid Preeyanuch Kongkaew, 24, said that the deceased had been living alone for many years after splitting up with his Thai wife.

Preeyanuch had been working for him for many years as a daily help going home in the evening. She said that he suffered from diabetes, high blood pressure and depression. He had talked about killing himself if he didn't recover from his illnesses. 

When she arrived at the house to work in the morning she saw him hanging in the garden and thinking that he might be still alive she ran to the kitchen to get a knife and cut him down. But she was too late and phoned the police immediately. 

Police found all valuables in place in the house and no sign of any foul play.

The deceased's personal lawyer and the German Embassy have been informed. 

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1220138

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-5

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Sad 1

Nobody hang themselfs in flip-flop! How sad it might be, this is a serious crime and really has to be investigated as a suicide.

Sorry, just tired. Hope the man find his place in his part of whatever place he will reside in.

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

How sad it might be, this is a serious crime and really has to be investigated as a suicide.

Where can you see a crime in this?

Can´t really see it. It was more like a crime to wear flip flop.

However, I excused myself for beeing so unsenitive.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I feel for this guy, alone and trying to cope with illness and depression, but can't help wondering why he chose hanging

I read a study on this. Hanging is popular amongst men in societies where guns are not easily available as it is perceived to be quick, certain and without mess. Less so for women but still popular. Women are more likely to poison themselves than men.

Just now, Briggsy said:

I read a study on this. Hanging is popular amongst men in societies where guns are not easily available as it is perceived to be quick, certain and without mess. Less so for women but still popular. Women are more likely to poison themselves than men.

Interesting. My perception is that none of the methods commonly used is either certain or painless. Only wish Big Pharma would come up with  a Happy Pill which could be prescribed for anyone wishing to end their suffering humanely and with the minimum of mess for anyone else to have to clear up.

• Like 1

Just now, Krataiboy said:

Interesting. My perception is that none of the methods commonly used is either certain or painless. Only wish Big Pharma would come up with  a Happy Pill which could be prescribed for anyone wishing to end their suffering humanely and with the minimum of mess for anyone else to have to clear up.

Yes, in the study, which interviewed those that didn't succeed (obviously!) many had thought death would be instantaneous, or at least loss of consciousness, due to neck or spine damage. Many referenced the Saddam Hussein video. Also the fact that you can do it virtually any time with almost no equipment was given as a reason for choice of method.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Yes, in the study, which interviewed those that didn't succeed (obviously!) many had thought death would be instantaneous, or at least loss of consciousness, due to neck or spine damage. Many referenced the Saddam Hussein video. Also the fact that you can do it virtually any time with almost no equipment was given as a reason for choice of method.

I also read somewhere that hanging results in an involuntary orgasm. Nice to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper. 

Edited by Krataiboy

7 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

They can barely pull off an execution by lethal injection in texas without many suffering in agony due to stuff ups. A happy pill will never happen

Was it really necessary to mention flip flops? lucky he wasn't in pattaya and wearing a singah vest as well

22 hours ago, billd766 said:

Flip flops. Why ever not?

Most people I know take their footwear off to go in a house.

I only wear shoes at weddings and cremations here in Thailand and then only family ones.

quote from the OP.

"Maid Preeyanuch Kongkaew, 24, said that the deceased had been living alone for many years after splitting up with his Thai wife.

Preeyanuch had been working for him for many years as a daily help going home in the evening. She said that he suffered from diabetes, high blood pressure and depression. He had talked about killing himself if he didn't recover from his illnesses."

How sad it might be, this is a serious crime and really has to be investigated as a suicide.

Where can you see a crime in this?

you have family shoes ?  interesting  555

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Let’s not deflect away from this very depressing and sadly reoccurring incident but,  humanly exits have been practiced:

A suicide bag, also known as an exit bag, is a device consisting of a large plastic bag with a drawcord used to commit suicide. It is usually used in conjunction with an inert gas like helium or nitrogen, which prevents the panic, sense of suffocation and struggling during unconsciousness (the hypercapnic alarm response) usually caused by the deprivation of oxygen in the presence of carbon dioxide. This method also makes the direct cause of death difficult to trace if the bag and gas canister are removed before the death is reported. Right-to-die groups recommend this form of suicide as certain, fast, and painless, according to a 2007 study.

1 hour ago, yopf said:

Let’s not deflect away from this very depressing and sadly reoccurring incident but,  humanly exits have been practiced:

A suicide bag, also known as an exit bag, is a device consisting of a large plastic bag with a drawcord used to commit suicide. It is usually used in conjunction with an inert gas like helium or nitrogen, which prevents the panic, sense of suffocation and struggling during unconsciousness (the hypercapnic alarm response) usually caused by the deprivation of oxygen in the presence of carbon dioxide. This method also makes the direct cause of death difficult to trace if the bag and gas canister are removed before the death is reported. Right-to-die groups recommend this form of suicide as certain, fast, and painless, according to a 2007 study.

Gee Thanx.........I think  :shock1:

On 3/5/2018 at 5:23 PM, Get Real said:

Nobody hang themselfs in flip-flop! How sad it might be, this is a serious crime and really has to be investigated as a suicide.

Sorry, just tired. Hope the man find his place in his part of whatever place he will reside in.

Oh C'mon.......when I am not working in Corporate America and living in LOS, I take off my shoes & socks at home and don't put rhem back on until I am back to work, six months or a year later............in my own place in Hawaii, Vietnam or Thailand, I go barefoot, but like my flip flops..........:smile:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yopf said:

I agree 100%.

If I am still capable at the time, that is the way that I wish to go.

The problem is getting someone to remove the bag and cylinder after my death and before the report of it.

I think there are clues to this gentleman's sad demise in his age and his nationality.

I began to notice, quite some time ago, that there seems to be quite a high proportion of 'baby boomers', as we/they have come to be known, (I am one by the way) who display signs of depression and other psychological disorders.

And many of them seem to display a certain lack of empathy which tends to make forming and sustaining relationships somewhat difficult.

I have actually had discussions with a number of people, mainly from western Europe, who were brought up in the post war era who expressed feelings that that period had some negative impact on their development.

One Dutch lady I knew had suffered deep trauma due to the impact that the war had had on her family. Her father having been taken away to the labour camps in Germany and had come back a broken man and it had had an impact on much of her life.

And there were others that I knew, living sad and lonely lives in Egypt, often drinking too much and would never think seeking any help.

Sadly, Mr. Friedrich's death and his recent history, tick many of the boxes that I had become aware of and if you were to Google 'Do baby boomers suffer from depression' you will see a disturbingly long list of articles.

If there is life beyond earthly death, I hope Mr. Friedrich is in a happier situation now.

Edited by Moonlover

On 3/7/2018 at 4:14 PM, billd766 said:

I agree 100%.

If I am still capable at the time, that is the way that I wish to go.

The problem is getting someone to remove the bag and cylinder after my death and before the report of it.

But where does one obtain the gas cylinder? Ask the dentist?!!

I have a friend who knew him. He also had mental health and physical health problems, but he wasn't considered the suicidal type. But i must admit with the list of issues he had, suicide would seem quite possible.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:28 PM, Krataiboy said:

I also read somewhere that hanging results in an involuntary orgasm. Nice to go out with a bang, rather than a whimper. 

I think the bang is from crapping your pants and urinating your trousers when your involuntary muscles cease to function but hey, the spectacular orgasm story sounds better.