Man in balaclava bashes granny, 84, and steals her life savings in Nakhon Phanom

webfact

Man in balaclava bashes granny, 84, and steals her life savings in Nakhon Phanom

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A grandmother in Thailand's north east told reporters how she was attacked in the early hours of Friday morning as she rode her tricycle on the way to the temple to make merit.

A man dressed all in black was waiting for Ma Kasemsuk, 84 in the shadows near her home in Srisongkhram district.

She said that she knew it was a man and he came up behind her and hit her over the head with some object. She was knocked unconscious.

When she came round she checked for a bag that she kept secreted in her clothing but it was gone. Like some old people she kept all her valuables on her whenever she went out.

Gone was 7 baht weight of gold in a necklace, two rings and an amulet and 61,000 baht cash in 1,000 baht notes. The total was worth 300,000 baht.

She called her son and friends and relatives saw her to hospital. Fortunately she was not badly hurt and has been able to tell investigators what happened as far as she can remember.

She was in the habit of going to the temple to make merit every morning and she believes that the assailant knew her routine and that she had money and valuables with her.

The police agree. Nakhon Phanom chief Pol Maj Gen Suwicharn Yankitikun was in the area of the robbery with the investigators yesterday as the hunt for what is believed to be a local man intensifies.

DNA samples have been collected that they hope will identify the attacker.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-06

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Getting as bad as The U.K These days.......Gotta Find This **********( Can't Think Of a STRONG ENOUGH WORD )  ASAP......Obviously Someone from the Area....

Lowest of the low !!!! the UK is no exception in this, I saw a video of a old lady pushing a Supermarket trolley to her house in France been attacked by a Black man , he beat her like he would beat a other man and stole her handbag. I'm not making a race point here, it's just that people like that are in every country now !?!?

Suspects face DNA tests after robbery of elderly woman

By The Nation

b454ca169f5442e70981a2c34f2c8efe-sld.jpe

Police are awaiting test results on DNA samples from two suspects to determine whether one of them attacked and robbed a 84-year-old woman in Nakhon Phanom.

Pol Colonel Kittisak Srichan, commander of Sri Songkram police station, said the two suspects would not be identified pending results of the DNA tests.

Ma Kasemsuk, 84, a resident of Moo 6 village in Tambon Sri Songkhram of Sri Songkram district, was hit on her head, making her unconscious, while she was riding her tricycle to make merit at a local temple at 5.30am on March 2.

She said her gold necklace, a gold ring and two Buddha amulets in gold frames and Bt61,000 in cash were gone. She said she lost a total of 106 grams in gold ornaments.

Kittisak said police had collected fingerprints and DNA samples found on the woman for tests, and two suspects had been summoned to be questioned and provide DNA samples.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30340379

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-03-07

Hope they get what they deserve if found guilty. The big question for me is what an 84 year old woman are doing in a modern and dangerous world with 106 grams of gold on her. Maybe there are no less stupid members in the family that could inform her about the danger of doing that in todays society.

Not saying that it´s right, but in todays world people have to get the knowledge how to protect and save themselfs fron clear and present danger.

3 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Hope they get what they deserve if found guilty. The big question for me is what an 84 year old woman are doing in a modern and dangerous world with 106 grams of gold on her. Maybe there are no less stupid members in the family that could inform her about the danger of doing that in todays society.

Not saying that it´s right, but in todays world people have to get the knowledge how to protect and save themselfs fron clear and present danger.

Perhaps folk want to live their life as they have always done and do not expect a young low-life Thai to disrespect an elderly THAI lady....

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps folk want to live their life as they have always done and do not expect a young low-life Thai to disrespect an elderly THAI lady....

I was talking about the real world we live in, not wanting to live in a dreamworld that no longer exists. 

Just now, Get Real said:

I was talking about the real world we live in, not wanting to live in a dreamworld that no longer exists. 

An 84 year old will probably not understand "your/my" real world and carry on with her age  being respected, which ALL Thai folk understand......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

An 84 year old will probably not understand "your/my" real world and carry on with her age  being respected, which ALL Thai folk understand......

That´s why I also questioned if there was any relative that can explain things like that.

5 minutes ago, Get Real said:

That´s why I also questioned if there was any relative that can explain things like that.

My own farang parents lived to their late 80's, my opinion on stuff fell on deaf ears, much the same as me now...:laugh:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Get Real said:

In the original story she said she carried it with her to prevent it being stolen from her home in her absence. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

In the original story she said she carried it with her to prevent it being stolen from her home in her absence. 

Yes, of course that is one way she could see it. Actually same big risk, unfortunately. You got me there. :smile: