Top 5 Reasons You Won’t Like Thailand

webfact

22 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i dont feel like driving in thailand any more due to corruption,

and if it wasnt too painful to travel far, i would leave asia for good

I see what you say, but where is it going to be any better?

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Which locals?

It's mostly Thai people that farang travel to Thailand to pay to be their friends. 

In Farang Land no one ever acts nicely just because they want something from you and you know that everyone who smiles must truly love you.

smile.jpg.6f7b199d0b6b62c34ed285714d856491.jpg

1 minute ago, Suradit69 said:

It's mostly Thai people that farang travel to Thailand to pay to be their friends. 

In Farang Land no one ever acts nicely just because they want something from you and you know that everyone who smiles must truly love you.

smile.jpg.6f7b199d0b6b62c34ed285714d856491.jpg

Cynical

1. television - it's awful and uncensored in some ways.

2. Corruption - just too blatant and very harmful.

3. Leniency to Thai nationals in regard to sentencing. Totally unacceptable and defeats all purpose.

4. Lack of awareness in regards to unethical practices. Selling bucket loads of chang beer at so called markets. Ice cream sellers selling ice creams outside schools and smoking right there. Teachers selling sweets at the school for extra cash. 

5. Taxi drivers in bkk and the south including Tuk Tuk drivers. Sorry but a lot of them are bad uns.

• Like 1

My list is different.

It's lost what little attraction it had.  I'm not sure why.  It's just not a beautiful place as places go...

Knowing what I know now, I'd would not live here full-time... too many other wonderful places to hang the key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand is mostly great, the negatives are just that, negatives - don't get sick, don't run out of money, don't get into a toxic relationship, don't ride a motorbike unless you have a death wish, don't expect the Buddhist monks here to be Buddhist in any way, shape, or form.

Couldn't do just 5. Top ten.

1; Lack of English language skills.

2; No air-con in temples.

3; Placing too much faith on monks to win lottery.

4; Warm coke in restaurants.

5; Thais borrowing/taking my tools and returning them (if I'm lucky) worn out or broken.

6; Very loud music.

7; Young boys speeding down the sois on their parent's m/cs.

8; Thai toilets.

9; Policemen not doing their work correctly.

10; Catching and caging owls.

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I see what you say, but where is it going to be any better?

i  think i would have been better off if i had went to caribbean straight away,

to some island belonging to NL or france,  as a EU citizen i would never have had to put up with a single visa run, or totally ruin my back in cambodia.

i dont think things can get better as things stand now

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Top 5 Reasons You Won’t Like Thailand

Sorry, but a slight inconsistency here as the author claims these are reasons "you" won't like Thailand, and then lists the 5 reasons "he" doesn't like it.  Everyone is different, so the top 5 would be different for all people.  Also do not so the relevance of where the wife is from.

32 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Very sad! 

You're either an odd character, or frequenting the wrong places...

Which places do you suggest ?

What places do you go to , where the people do not want anything from you ?

All restaurants, bars, shops, Temples are ruled out, as they want something from you .

All the "friendly" people in the village are the shop owners, taxi drivers and friends of the family, who all expect a slice of the pie and of course theirs the other friendly locals who always invite you to join them for a drink......when their bottles are empty .

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

All restaurants, bars, shops, Temples are ruled out, as they want something from you .

All the "friendly" people in the village are the shop owners, taxi drivers and friends of the family, who all expect a slice of the pie and of course theirs the other friendly locals who always invite you to join them for a drink......when their bottles are empty .

I could regale you with dozens of experiences of the opposite scenario but, quite frankly, I think I would be wasting my time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I could regale you with dozens of experiences of the opposite scenario but, quite frankly, I think I would be wasting my time!

You wouldnt be wasting your time, as I would like to hear about them

11 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

>>>  lots of noise, lots of barking dogs

>>>  crappy, mega-selfish drivers

>>>  trash nearly everywhere

>>>  giant chasm between rich and poor

>>>  justice system which pampers rich and scapegoats poor 

.. are you talking about Australia ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

why should they speak English?  Its not their language.  

That was not the question.

The question was 5 reasons you won't like thailand...in Singapore and Malaysia they can speak english so that's why i like it there.

1.  Oppressively hot in the summer.

2.  Air pollution certain times of the year.

3.  Automobiles more expensive than in the west.

4.  To farang guys:  You're not as handsome living here as you were when a tourist.

5.  Whining/whinging foreigners. 

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I agree only with numbers two and three. No 1. Thai people in general are decent and honest. No 4. I have been reasonably happy with these things. No 5,  This is their country, you cannot expect them all to learn English. 

In hospitals they should be able to speak english at the reception. Same goes for the police, haven't tried the ambulance but i guess i know the answer already. Also most pharmacy shops in BKK can't, on top of that even thai english teachers can't.

You should see how they treat motobikedrivers, very selfish and using their car as weapon.

Have you never had construction in your house? Then you 'll see the low standards...

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

In hospitals they should be able to speak english at the reception. Same goes for the police, haven't tried the ambulance but i guess i know the answer already. Also most pharmacy shops in BKK can't, on top of that even thai english teachers can't.

You should see how they treat motobikedrivers, very selfish and using their car as weapon.

Have you never had construction in your house? Then you 'll see the low standards...

They can in Hospitals.

47 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No Thai friends? That's a bit sad.

• Like 1

This is the land of smile and if we do not like the way they are after all it is their country and we should cope with all of what the locals are doing or saying about us floading their country  and trying to cahnge them. It is wrong to try to change them.

Definitely sounds dogs. I got bitten before and my cousin got bitten just this week. They said he needs 5 different shots whereas I only needed one. Overcharging hospital exaggerating?

Can't believe bad drivers didn't make the list or taxi and tuk tuk scammers

Course of rabies inoculations is 5

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, HLover said:

Funny, I get treated just fine by all the above-mentioned. Maybe a quick look in the mirror would explain why the complainers get treated the way they do?

well you must be about the only farang in thailand not getting abused by them, i prefere a russian bitch for any thai official 

43 minutes ago, Justfine said:

They can in Hospitals.

Not in the hospitals i visited.

And once i saw a farang shouting to the receptionist because she gave him medicines but couldn't answer his questions about it.

Very dangerous me thinks and very ashaming for that hospital in BKK.