Police praised for not fining helmet-less students - they are told to pick up litter instead

webfact

59 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Hopefully that is not the top performing stundents in that school.

Come on they were just lying something we see all the time. Yesterday was watching some US tv series North Woods law and the lies that were told to the police  /  game wardens were totally unbelievable. I think its a human trait making up lies, I think more people will tell lies then not. I mean.. do you really think they would say.. sorry helmets are just too much of a hassle to put on. Better to make up some excuse no matter how unbelievable.  Honesty is not always appreciated. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

"Thaivisa notes that a large proportion of the death in road accidents that has made Thai roads the most dangerous in the world results from people not wearing helmets on motorcycles."

No way is this the case on its own, another even bigger reason to add to no helmets is that Thais have simply no patience on these roads swerving in an out up the left and right of vehicles cutting in front of bigger vehicles going way to fast and a disregard for red lights etc .

The Police need to get more tuff on their impatience an speeding all over the place an send them back for re training .

It's about time somebody here fingered Thai driving habits and found the solution to correct them! FINALLY. And now . . . um . . . .

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Instead they were asked to pick up litter around the station then sent on their way with a cheery warning.

Poor girls! Didn't have enough tuck-shop money to buy their way out of the punishment. :smile:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Come on they were just lying something we see all the time. Yesterday was watching some US tv series North Woods law and the lies that were told to the police  /  game wardens were totally unbelievable. I think its a human trait making up lies, I think more people will tell lies then not. I mean.. do you really think they would say.. sorry helmets are just too much of a hassle to put on. Better to make up some excuse no matter how unbelievable.  Honesty is not always appreciated. 

I guess there is also the choice of knowing that saying nothing at all is sometimes the preferred choice. Yeah, I know! That was all too deep. :cheesy:

25 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

He wasn't breaking any laws, police do have the discretion to decide whether to charge or not in certain cases.

I sincerely hope that you understand that comment is just wierd!

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Were you the top performing "stundent" [sic] in your school?

Really! Don´t you have something better to come with?

No, I wasn´t, but I still remembered to put a helmet on my head before driving a motorbike. 

However, I forgive you. As I understand it, you are just tryin:cheesy:g as hard as you can to come down to rock bottom level. 

"Police on traffic duty outside the Beach Road police station in Pattaya decided not to fine two female students on their way to school who were not wearing helmets.

Instead they were asked to pick up litter around the station then sent on their way with a cheery warning."

Perhaps if they were made to pick-up the bits of motorcyclists killed in accidents, the message might make contact with the brain. 

Instead, they were ASKED to pick-up the litter around the police station.  ****in pathetic!  Policing at its best!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Do they also have the discretion to determine the punishment?

If so, why are there still judges around?

To a certain extent they do have that discretion, most minor offences attract fines within a range and their discretion allows them to judge what is reasonable within that range.  Obviously they did not have the authority to order these girls to pick up litter but perhaps they were given a choice.  They could have refused if they wanted but it seems that they didn't.

You think a case like this would go in front of a judge?

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Obviously they did not have the authority to order these girls to pick up litter but perhaps they were given a choice.  They could have refused if they wanted but it seems that they didn't.

If they didnt have the authority they should be further investigated and possibly be fired.

Giving the girls a choice does not make it right. What if they had the choice between a ticket and some sexual favour? Still fine as they have a choice?

This is an everyday accurrance  School Kids times with 2 friends hanging on the back. No Helmets & also the Parents will rocket up to the School no Helmet gets a big smile from the Policeman,

Police should randomly take motorcycle & park it at the Police station for as long as it takes until the Parents attend the Driver Training School & then produce a certificate with their drivers licence, they can then get their M/bike back,

Can you ever see that happening here Following Strict Rules of the road,:sick:.