Fitting heater in D-Max

Has anyone ACTUALLY had a heater fitted to an Isuzu D-Max post production. By this I DO NOT MEAN heard about a guy who did it, once thought about doing it, dreamt one night I did it.......I only want to hear from someone who ACTUALLY HAD A HEATER FITTED TO A ISUZU D-MAX. I would appreciate any genuine lead.

As far as I recall someone on here did actually have a heater fitted to their motor. I can't remember the exact cost but it was not cheap.

Maybe they will read your post and answer or you could try a search of the forum.

At the time I took a note of the Web page of the people who did the fitting for future reference. (see below)

I know you specifically asked for no second hand information, and I don't blame you for that, but as nobody has replied yet you could do worse than contacting the Web Site.

http://siammotorworld.com/

:smile:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Do vehicles have Heaters these days.?..Im confused. Ours here just have Climate Control. Go up a cold Mountain  , it blows hot and stays at 23. I remember years ago you turned the Air Con off and put the heater on.

The Fortuner has a heater. Not that it's listed in the book or on the dash. You can leave it set on aircon but just turn the temp: gauge to 20c+ and it'll blow hot air through the vents. You adjust how much heat you require by using the fan. Also turns the mode to feet and dash vents till you turn it higher then it'll go to full feet setting. Don't ask how it works as there are no pipes leading the cooling system. Whatever it does.

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

The Fortuner has a heater. Not that it's listed in the book or on the dash. You can leave it set on aircon but just turn the temp: gauge to 20c+ and it'll blow hot air through the vents. You adjust how much heat you require by using the fan. Also turns the mode to feet and dash vents till you turn it higher then it'll go to full feet setting. Don't ask how it works as there are no pipes leading the cooling system. Whatever it does.

To people who understand Motor Vehicles its called Climate Control.The Americans call just Aircon  "Fridge Only", but all their trucks have CC these days, have done so for years now.As do all Thai Export Vehicles. Info from a pleasant  US Thai chap visiting yesterday

Do what I used to do in the UK when it was cold, wrap your legs in a blanket ... my first car ... a Morris Z Type Van ...ex post office ... didn't have a heater, well if it did it was broke!

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

To people who understand Motor Vehicles its called Climate Control.The Americans call just Aircon  "Fridge Only", but all their trucks have CC these days, have done so for years now.As do all Thai Export Vehicles. Info from a pleasant  US Thai chap visiting yesterday

I have C/Control but it doesn't work the heater. Buy the way we ain't in America we are in Thailand. Where a heater isn't needed that much so it seems.

9 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I have C/Control but it doesn't work the heater. Buy the way we ain't in America we are in Thailand. Where a heater isn't needed that much so it seems.

Perhaps someone can teach You Cruise Control isn't connected to Climate Control. But i doubt it.!! 

21 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Perhaps someone can teach You Cruise Control isn't connected to Climate Control. But i doubt it.!! 

I put in C/Control like you did C/C an abbreviation of Climate Control. The subject if you haven't grasped it is Heaters. Bit more water with your drink might not go amiss.

Edited by fredob43

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Defroster needed where I live - and heated air works even better.

Hence - the need for a heater at times.

Question. When you use heated air does your screen/windows mist up.

I came back from Chiang Mai through the so called mountains a few months ago. And found that using the heater misted up all the inside of the windows, had to change it to cold air windows open to get rid of it.

25 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I put in C/Control like you did C/C an abbreviation of Climate Control. The subject if you haven't grasped it is Heaters. Bit more water with your drink might not go amiss.

Perhaps U aint grasped Heaters were replaced by CC, but then Brits even think a  Tiger / Vigo Fortuna is Luxurious, why you argue with everybody little man .?. Every Post is unpleasant Lighten up .!!

5 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Perhaps U aint grasped Heaters were replaced by CC, but then Brits even think a  Tiger / Vigo Fortuna is Luxurious, why you argue with everybody little man .?. Every Post is unpleasant Lighten up .!!

I think you started the rudeness with a not nice we know it all to one of my posts. And didn't expect a reply. Now you are having a go at us Brits. May I suggest it's you that should lighten up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

I think you started the rudeness with a not nice we know it all to one of my posts. And didn't expect a reply. Now you are having a go at us Brits. May I suggest it's you that should lighten up.

Having just read your posts in other topics the disdain for opinions of others is clear. As for the Brits here, its you thats out of step, they are informative, funny, and without a delusional superiority problem.  I. E... Sir Trans AM, Kawasaki., and the rich Brit chap with a Ford SUV n Honda Turbo. and  that  Mad Ace  Chap who got banned. But carry on, it makes me smile .!, Sorry cant do Emicons that annoy U Dear.!! As for the Topic. Not financially viable unless he inherits some cash

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

On the contrary - the heated air raises the dew point, which makes the condensation disappear.

You might have experienced water from the aircon condensor hit the cold glass, and caused it to condense, as when it hits the cold glass the dew point is lowered.

Dew Point - the atmospheric temperature (varying according to pressure and humidity) below which water droplets begin to condense and dew can form.

Warm air can hold more water vapour than cold air, so heating the air - and the windshield it is directed against, allows the windshield to clear of water condensed on the inside.

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

On the contrary - the heated air raises the dew point, which makes the condensation disappear.

You might have experienced water from the aircon condensor hit the cold glass, and caused it to condense, as when it hits the cold glass the dew point is lowered.

Dew Point - the atmospheric temperature (varying according to pressure and humidity) below which water droplets begin to condense and dew can form.

Warm air can hold more water vapour than cold air, so heating the air - and the windshield it is directed against, allows the windshield to clear of water condensed on the inside.

Thank you for your explanation. Sorry to say it didn't happen on My Lump. Then again it could be having the Aircon: on prior to putting the hot air on it was my problem. Have only used it "heat' twice in the year I have had the lump. More practice required. One thinks.

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I came back from Chiang Mai through the so called mountains a few months ago. And found that using the heater misted up all the inside of the windows, had to change it to cold air windows open to get rid of it.

Did you move the airflow direction control to demist?

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Did you move the airflow direction control to demist?

Yes. It was then it fogged up. Had the same problem with my last Fortuner, that didn't have a heater. Thought I would give it a go with the new one but it seemed to mist even faster. So much so I had to stop and wait for it to clear. Heat on the screen made it even worse, had to swap to cold air before I got any joy.

After it cleared have mentioned this before, as long as I left the window open heater on it was fine. Bit pointless I know. Not happened since, but that was local not in the Hills/mountains.

It could have been the outside temp: or the fact that I had had the aircon: on prior to turning on the heater. Whatever a real pain in the Butt.

Edited by fredob43

8 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Yes. It was then it fogged up. Had the same problem with my last Fortuner, that didn't have a heater. Thought I would give it a go with the new one but it seemed to mist even faster. So much so I had to stop and wait for it to clear. Heat on the screen made it even worse, had to swap to cold air before I got any joy.

After it cleared have mentioned this before, as long as I left the window open heater on it was fine. Bit pointless I know. Not happened since, but that was local not in the Hills/mountains.

It could have been the outside temp: or the fact that I had had the aircon: on prior to turning on the heater. Whatever a real pain in the Butt.

What causes misting up is a large temperature difference between inside and outside the vehicle, plus excessive moisture in the air within.

Aircon is actually very effective for demisting because it does dry the air as it cools it, as you discovered. I used to get this problem in the mountains in Cyprus, but back then one had to be driving a luxury car to have aircon. My Renault 6 didn't make the cut :sad:, so like you, I had to bang on the heater and wait a while.

I doubt if there's anything wrong with your car's system. It's just a matter of discovering what works best in different situations.

Two other factors that come into play here as well. The number of bods in the car. We all exhale moisture, so the more bods there are, the more moisture there is in the air. And keeping the vent' system set to 'recycle' That inhibits the exchange of air inside and stale air is moist air.

I only use 'recycle' if I'm stuck behind a smoking diesel. I'm surprised at the number of people who leave it set permanently on 'recycle' and I can smell that they do, the moment I get into the car.

Hope you find this helpful. Happy and safe motoring.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

What causes misting up is a large temperature difference between inside and outside the vehicle, plus excessive moisture in the air within.

Aircon is actually very effective for demisting because it does dry the air as it cools it, as you discovered. I used to get this problem in the mountains in Cyprus, but back then one had to be driving a luxury car to have aircon. My Renault 6 didn't make the cut :sad:, so like you, I had to bang on the heater and wait a while.

I doubt if there's anything wrong with your car's system. It's just a matter of discovering what works best in different situations.

Two other factors that come into play here as well. The number of bods in the car. We all exhale moisture, so the more bods there are, the more moisture there is in the air. And keeping the vent' system set to 'recycle' That inhibits the exchange of air inside and stale air is moist air.

I only use 'recycle' if I'm stuck behind a smoking diesel. I'm surprised at the number of people who leave it set permanently on 'recycle' and I can smell that they do, the moment I get into the car.

Hope you find this helpful. Happy and safe motoring.

I'm one of the peeps that leave it on recycle permanently, wife cant stand any fumes. But I always have my window at least partly open. Like to hear the noise from other cars. Unless that is there is any diesel fumes about. Once they get into the lump takes ages to get rid of same.

Yes I did find your post helpful. As I have said I have only had it fog up one time on the way back from Chiang Mai. Through the so called mountains. As I will not be going there ever again? my problem won't hopefully reoccur.   

On ‎8‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, Daffy D said:

As far as I recall someone on here did actually have a heater fitted to their motor. I can't remember the exact cost but it was not cheap.

Maybe they will read your post and answer or you could try a search of the forum.

At the time I took a note of the Web page of the people who did the fitting for future reference. (see below)

I know you specifically asked for no second hand information, and I don't blame you for that, but as nobody has replied yet you could do worse than contacting the Web Site.

Thanks. I have looked at their

On ‎8‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, Daffy D said:

Thanks. I have looked at their website already. They do not list heaters as part of their services. I have emailed TIM and he has not replied. The only inference I can draw is they don't do it. I have been to a number of Isuzu Dealers. They all say they do not make heaters for D-Max which is only 100% wrong because heaters are made for export models where they are essential for compliance plate and registration.

Congratulations guys, 23 replies to my post and not one of them addresses the question I asked. Not one...not one met my request not to respond if they did not know anything about the question I asked. There are a lot of bored people out there with nothing better to do than to post useless information.

Edited by Currumbin
typographical error
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Currumbin said:

Congratulations guys, 23 replies to my post and not one of them addresses the question I asked. Not one...not one met my request not to respond if they did not know anything about the question I asked. There are a lot of bored people out there with nothing better to do than to post useless information.

unfortunately pasting a thread does not mean you can control the replies. threads are often derailed as is this one

You specifically asked for people who have done it. I have not. My neighbor has, and I helped. Want people to assist ? Try not to post an OP which alienates those who can, but faced with your attitude, choose not to.
  • Like 2