Outreach program March 14, where?

fiddlehead

From an email I got from the ACS (STEP).

Date: 14 March 2018
Time 11:30am-12:00pm Town Hall    

12:00pm–3:00pm Passport/Notary Services *Please note the new time* 
Venue: Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
Address: 199 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150

Hotel phone:   (66) 7 660 1999

American Citizens are invited to join U.S. Embassy Bangkok’s Consul General Timothy Scherer for a Town Hall meeting before the start of the outreach event.  To participate, please be seated at 11:30 a.m.for introductory remarks and an update on consular services available to U.S. citizens through the U.S. Embassy.  The Consul General will conduct a brief question-and-answer session and be available for limited individual questions during the first part of the outreach event.

More Info here on website : https://th.usembassy.gov/consular-outreach-phuket-031418/

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  I like the new times.  I have been checking the embassy website as well.  I guess I am going to have to sign up for STEP too if they don't want post the venue and times on their website.

15 minutes ago, Pakaty said:

Thanks guys.  I like the new times.  I have been checking the embassy website as well.  I guess I am going to have to sign up for STEP too if they don't want post the venue and times on their website.

It is on the website now but they do not do it until about a week before the outreach date. You can get the info by clicking Phuket on the outreach page. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/

I got the email on the 2nd.

As you know foreigners in Thailand legally need to notify Immigration of the address where they are staying within 24 hours of their arrival at that location.  For people staying in hotels, this is done for you when the hotel files a TM-30 (Notification Form for House Master, Owner or the Possessor of the Residence where Aliens have stayed).  For foreigners who may be staying in their own homes (e.g., condominium), this should be done by the foreigner themselves (as they are responsible under all three roles: house master, owner, and possessor).  Currently, the TM-30 has to be filed at the Immigration Office.  An online option has been available but only to people who own a business.  It has not been possible to use the online TM-30 capability if you did not own a business.  Possibly, use of the online TM-30 capability may now be available to people who own their own houses but do not own a business.  To find out if this is the case, please attend the American Embassy Outreach Event on Wednesday 14 March.

Details:

I notice a Mod decided to close the thread which commented on information about self-reporting of addresses, which will apparently be addressed at this outreach meeting.

For those of us who are NOT US citizens Yes- we do exist!)  and would be interested in this maybe we can be updated (AND have a thread opened about it! :post-4641-1156694572: ) following the meeting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

I notice a Mod decided to close the thread which commented on information about self-reporting of addresses, which will apparently be addressed at this outreach meeting.

For those of us who are NOT US citizens Yes- we do exist!)  and would be interested in this maybe we can be updated (AND have a thread opened about it! :post-4641-1156694572: ) following the meeting.

I'll be at the meeting and will report back with what I learn regarding using the TM-30 online reporting capability.  It's entirely possible that there is still a requirement to be a business owner and therefore no change in self-reporting using the TM-30 online capability.  But I'm hopeful enough to attend and find out for myself.  If US citizens are allowed to self-report online then I suspect citizens of all countries can too.  The issue has always been proving to Phuket Immigration that you are a business owner and therefore qualify to use this facility.  If they have dropped that requirement I will be sure to let the forum know, including how to register to use it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skatewash said:

I'll be at the meeting and will report back with what I learn regarding using the TM-30 online reporting capability.  It's entirely possible that there is still a requirement to be a business owner and therefore no change in self-reporting using the TM-30 online capability.  But I'm hopeful enough to attend and find out for myself.  If US citizens are allowed to self-report online then I suspect citizens of all countries can too.  The issue has always been proving to Phuket Immigration that you are a business owner and therefore qualify to use this facility.  If they have dropped that requirement I will be sure to let the forum know, including how to register to use it.

Many thanks- I'll probably be on the naughty step again for commenting on a Mod's decision!

Last time I was there it was for 'mocking' one by finding his comment funny!

One of the wardens named in the doc is a friend so I may contact him direct.

i was told when i did my Tm 30 a few weeks ago, ( changed homes- they did not want the tm 28),  that is it ONLY required if u leave the country an come back. NOT just go stay in a Hotel

So far have not heard of anyone that has been fined for not reporting and i know lots of expats here that have not bothered for years, yet are still able to do their 90 day reports an yearly extensions with no trouble. ( i  had not done mine in the previous 4 years and have left the country multiple times)

• Like 1

I'd like to thank the US Embassy for their Outreach Program in Patong today. As always they were very helpful and I appreciate this service much.

I would like to address a few problems. It's unfortunate that folks reading this are likely not the cause, as most ThaiVisa readers are well informed.

Chatters: When dealing with Embassy personnel please keep the conversation directly related to Embassy business. They are not interested in your injured toe or what you had for breakfast. It's a huge waste of time. I was not the only person who noticed this and I don't care about your toe either.

Unprepared: I would guesstimate 30% had the wrong form or it was incorrectly filled out. This means the information has to be verified twice, wasting lots and lots of time. One guy's bank draft was for the wrong amount. He argued that the Embassy website said it was 34B/$ which is true, unfortunately his math was wrong.

Coffin Dodgers: Guys, if you don't know what your signing you need to bring along someone who does.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

i was told when i did my Tm 30 a few weeks ago, ( changed homes- they did not want the tm 28),  that is it ONLY required if u leave the country an come back. NOT just go stay in a Hotel

So far have not heard of anyone that has been fined for not reporting and i know lots of expats here that have not bothered for years, yet are still able to do their 90 day reports an yearly extensions with no trouble. ( i  had not done mine in the previous 4 years and have left the country multiple times)

I talked with Rozz yesterday at the Outreach, she is a volunteer at Phuket Immigration and a US Warden for Phuket. She did a tutorial on using the online registration system to register yourself as your landlord won't do it. It was pretty easy, although a lot was in Thai, and I asked my wife what it was asking. I put in my landlords name, and numbers in, made him an email address...

I've never done this in the past when I return from the USA, but the rules change and I decided to try to cover my backside... As she said, it's a 1,600 Baht fine, if they  decide to mess with you.

lol;
i and another gave up as it was to much trouble.. ( it was all in thai)
i still say, Immigration has informed me that reporting if u stay in  a hotel in country and returning to phuket there is no reason to report. For many provinces, ( and Bangkok),  u dont even need re report if u leave the country, if ur home address remains the same..

Shot; lighten up a bit, we are not all like you...

I guess I will see when I show up in late April or early May to do my 13th retirement visa extension! I ‘d rather cover my ass than having to bail it out later!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 3/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, Psimbo said:

Here you go:  

As expected you don't need to be a US Citizen to use this system.  At least as far as I know ;-)

• Like 1