Pattaya traffic cop swings into action to try to save a life - sadly it was all in vain

webfact

Pattaya traffic cop swings into action to try to save a life - sadly it was all in vain

7pm.jpg

Picture: INN

INN interviewed a Pattaya traffic cop who was widely praised after a video was posted of him giving CPR in the street to an elderly man who had been knocked off a motorcycle.

The 22 minute video showed Pol Lieutenant Woraphan Kaewmorakot doing CPR before medics arrived at the scene of a collision in the Land Department Soi in South Pattaya.

Woraphan said that he received a radio call about the accident and when he arrived on the scene he saw the man on the ground and a woman standing by in shock not knowing what to do.

He was shocked too but his training kicked in and he thought he must give CPR as the man was unconscious. As he did this he radioed to medics to come immediately.

"I didn't know if he had a chance to survive," said Woraphan, "but I was determined to keep him alive until he could get to a doctor".

The medics arrived to take over thereafter and the victim was then rushed to hospital.

Woraphan called on the National Police to make sure that all officers are trained in first aid and life saving techniques - especially those in Pattaya where there are many tourists who they might be able to help.

INN reported that the victim on this occasion was 64 year old Mali Janseera, a chicken rice seller in Pattaya who was related to former councillor Sanit Bunmachai.

Sadly the hospital said that despite everyone's efforts Mali had died from his injuries.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-09

6 minutes ago, johng said:

I was taught shouldn't be doing CPR on (just) an unconscious person ...CPR if breathing and heart has stopped..
Not just unconscious.

Whoever taught you that was a moron as breathing without a heartbeat is impossible.

Yeah hearbeat and breathing they kind of go together one doesn't last long without the other

Do you agree that a person can be unconscious but still have heartbeat and breathing...and CPR shouldn't be performed on such a person ?

• Like 1

The policeman, bless hi heart position himself all wrong for CPR, he should have been

to the side of the person and not as in the picture, between his legs to enable

the palms of his hands to correctly placed....

Edited by ezzra
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

The policeman, bless hi heart position himself all wrong for CPR, he should have been

'No Pulse' not same your country Mr. :coffee1::whistling:

> He was shocked too but his training kicked in and he thought he must give CPR as the man was unconscious.

Unconscious people do breath. No need for CPR just a stable side position will do and keep an eye on him the situation doesn't worsen, wait for professional help (if alerted). If the guy still was breathing he probably did more harm then help.

> or just bad reporting and the poor guy wasn't breathing at all, in that case doing something is better then not doing anything at all.

Edited by sitanonchai

3 hours ago, johng said:

I was taught shouldn't be doing CPR on (just) an unconscious person ...CPR if breathing and heart has stopped..
Not just unconscious.

Well, if you had read the original article you would know that the officer did check for a pulse, before starting CPR.  

• Like 2

Well, if you had read the original article you would know that the officer did check for a pulse, before starting CPR.  

Well I didn't read the original article just what was posted here.....if no pulse then of course CPR was appropriate.

2 hours ago, johng said:

Yeah hearbeat and breathing they kind of go together one doesn't last long without the other

Do you agree that a person can be unconscious but still have heartbeat and breathing...and CPR shouldn't be performed on such a person ?

Can you agree that your point is moot because it is also possible to be in an unconscious state from the lack of a heartbeat and breathing?   Your argument is just an attempt to justify your original post that clearly was a wrong assumption solely on your part because you did not read the original article. 

My wrong assumption was because what was posted here said CPR was given because the person was unconscious !

there was no mention that pulse and breathing where checked and no I didnt click.the link to read the full article from INN

4 hours ago, johng said:

Not just unconscious.

this is correct... the point of cpr is to get them to breathe on their own or keep their heart pumping long enough for help to arrive.

Not uncommon to crack peoples ribs in the process...

CPR or rescue breathing  is to only be performed on those who have stopped breathing.

first step of CPR check for breathing... IF they are breathing No CPR required

Edited by speckio
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, johng said:

My wrong assumption was because what was posted here said CPR was given because the person was unconscious !

there was no mention that pulse and breathing where checked and no I didnt click.the link to read the full article from INN

Why not?  If you had read the original there would have been no need for speculation on your part or the need to critic the officer's actions with your post.   

15 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

Why not?  If you had read the original there would have been no need for speculation on your part or the need to critic the officer's actions with your post.   

why should I have to click the external link ?   if the report here was correct there would have been no need ...by the way the INN link goes to a Thai language version .

CPR.jpg.9f59ae883f2441cb9c16a2ed2f1f889e.jpg

but any way just to satisfy you  I am fully prepared to admit that I could have been wrong about the need for CPR,  if the original Thai language version says he checked for breathing and pulse before performing CPR and was not just unconscious then CPR was the wright thing to do.

( and no I haven't taken the time to read it in Thai )   happy now ????

Where are we coming to?

15 posts and 14 of them by "Keyboard Warriors" with their "barstool wisdom" blaming the Police for performing CPR on an unconscious person (without reading the whole report), the Police officer position (posted by EXPERTS in CPR from their barstool), and more of this BullS..t.

I praise this Police officer for trying to do a thing that most of these "barstool wisdom" posters would not even know how to perform.

Sick reading the answers in this thread.

• Like 1

Where are we coming to?

15 posts and 14 of them by "Keyboard Warriors" with their "barstool wisdom" blaming the Police for performing CPR on an unconscious person (without reading the whole report)

You read the whole report ? in Thai language from the link in the original post ? Where in the original post here (Thaivisa) does it say the officer checked for breathing and pulse ?

Anyway its worth mentioning again that CPR shouldn't be performed on a person if they are merely unconscious.
  • Sad 1

On 3/9/2018 at 12:40 PM, ezzra said:

at least he did try to help, and not just standing there and taking pictures with the smart phone ,by the way most smartphones are smarter than their owners

• Like 1