Benelli Leoncino 500

ledi

On 3/19/2018 at 10:11 PM, ardokano said:

So just injoy it.. And not care about fuel consumption. Just if you go for some long distantion.

But if ride I am sure it be 6l and up.

Because got on 370cc easy near 6L 

IMG_20180319_220833.jpg

Looks like  KTM Duke 390 clocks ?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23.03.2018 at 6:56 PM, properperson said:

Looks like  KTM Duke 390 clocks ?

Yes sir. Its Duke... And its even not top crazy driving. If 150-170 ...  Or/ and in top rpm in another gear. Can be more than 6l per 100 km

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

Yes sir. Its Duke... And its even not top crazy driving. If 150-170 ...  Or/ and in top rpm in another gear. Can be more than 6l per 100 km

Then the bike just has a shitty fuel consumption

14 hours ago, jackdd said:

Then the bike just has a shitty fuel consumption

Jesus wept.

Get a life! And the rest of you economy freaks!

What started as a half interesting topic has degenerated into a fuel consumption fest!

I've ridden motorcycles all my adult life, that's 41 years of owning and riding, and i can't ever remember having fuel consumption conversations with any of my mates about bikes we were riding. It's just not on the agenda.

You wanna fuel consumption conversation, move it to the housewive's hatchback car forum.

Jeez.

2 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus wept.

What started as a half interesting topic has degenerated into a fuel consumption fest!

I've ridden motorcycles all my adult life, that's 41 years of owning and riding, and i can't ever remember having fuel consumption conversations with any of my mates about bikes we were riding. It's just not on the agenda.

You wanna fuel consumption conversation, move it to the housewive's hatchback car forum.

Jeez.

Nobody forces you to participate

7 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus wept.

Jeez.

Perhaps you have been fortunate enough never having to worry about money.

I consider fuel economy one of the many great reasons to ride a motor cycle.

Your post is really quite offensive. 

Your negativity adds nothing to the discussion.

1 hour ago, ThunderDuck said:

Perhaps you have been fortunate enough never having to worry about money.

Your post is really quite offensive. 

Your negativity adds nothing to the discussion.

Most discussions after a ride, sitting round the bikes or at a table having a beer or coffee,  generally sound like;

"hey did you see the blonde we past in the convertible near that lake?"

" wow, weren't those mountains impressive"

"what a series of bends back there"

"stunning scenery"

"Christ your bike was loud in that last tunnel"

"nearly lost it in that first bend before so and so"

etc etc etc

Not;

"gosh, I noticed I was getting an average of 49.7 mpg at a steady 63 mph on that last stretch".

As I said, get a life.

I mean, you are going to choose Z from XYZ because the fuel economy is better?

No, I have worried about money, I am certainly not wealthy, but fuel economy does not enter the equation to what motorcycle I own or will buy.

As I said, get a life, or buy a housewife's hatchback car or stick to economy scooters. I hear you can get 100mpg out of a FI 110cc Honda Wave....

That's really really interesting....

And now back to the Benelli 500 please.
Interesting that bike, well I gonna keep my current bike but like to follow what is going on the ever evolving Thai bike market.
500cc is probably the sweet spot for Thailand for a economic, fun and yet capable bike.
Okay the super sports bike riders will not be impressed but many of us can enjoy motorcycling under 200km/h.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Interesting that bike, well I gonna keep my current bike but like to follow what is going on the ever evolving Thai bike market.
500cc is probably the sweet spot for Thailand for a economic, fun and yet capable bike.
Okay the super sports bike riders will not be impressed but many of us can enjoy motorcycling under 200km/h.

You don't need to exceed 200+ to enjoy bikes over 500cc

Most of the fun in my opinion is the acceleration anyway

I have made  trips in the 200-300+ range but it's really not worth the mini-heart attack when you have a close call 

650-800 I think Is about perfect for Thailand if you want to go inter provincial on the same roads cars use

The police won't even try and chase you on the road to the airport if you fly past him on 650 or bigger :) 

12 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No, I have worried about money, I am certainly not wealthy, but fuel economy does not enter the equation to what motorcycle I own or will buy.

Its not talking about money.

As example. I am ride from Chiang Mai to Pattaya by Duke 390. So must think about fuel.. Because if real ride and enjoyed, need find Gas station near every 100km.. And not every Gas station sell 95 gasoline.

On ducati diavel same situation. Near every 160 km need find gas station.

2 hours ago, ardokano said:

Its not talking about money.

As example. I am ride from Chiang Mai to Pattaya by Duke 390. So must think about fuel.. Because if real ride and enjoyed, need find Gas station near every 100km.. And not every Gas station sell 95 gasoline.

On ducati diavel same situation. Near every 160 km need find gas station.

That is sad. I hope the best for you in future.

[... all stations sell 95-octane]

13 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I could enjoy a couple of days ride from say Mukdahan on the Laos border to Chang Rai in the Golden Triangle on a Speed Triple going for it, just as happily as pootling along at 80-90 kmph all day long on a Yamaha SR400 or Enfield 500 single. You get to see the scenery more, when relaxed and going at a slower pace.

20 hours ago, ThunderDuck said:

Want good fuel economy - get a bicycle.

This is the motorcycle forum - maybe place in the pinching my pennies forum

48 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I do own a bicycle ... and as previously mentioned fuel economy and touring range go hand in hand.

I would not consider purchasing any bike with endurance much less 300klms,  so imho the discussion

of economy and range are particularly relevant.

However, what concerns me most is the attempts to shut other peoples opinions down by bullying, bluster

and insults. 

1 hour ago, ThunderDuck said:

However, what concerns me most is the attempts to shut other peoples opinions down by bullying, bluster

and insults.     

I did none of those things.

Where are you riding in LOS that you need 300 km range ? Every Ban has fuel for sale.

And that 'The fuel has water/dirt/dead dogs' in it ia bunk. Never had an issue in over 15 years.

How long would the seller be in business if the locals got raked over the coals with substandard fuel ?

I expressed my opinion. Nothing more.

19 hours ago, ThunderDuck said:

I do own a bicycle ... and as previously mentioned fuel economy and touring range go hand in hand.

I would not consider purchasing any bike with endurance much less 300klms,  so imho the discussion

of economy and range are particularly relevant.

and insults. 

150 kms max for me, preferably 100 kms stops. Gettin' older. Arse and cigarette break.

On 27.03.2018 at 2:09 PM, papa al said:

Thai plentiful fueling stations

with the good restrooms and 

snackage available

surely make traveling here EZ.

:) but... If likely ride? On some bike can start think about fuel consumption...

On 26.03.2018 at 6:03 PM, canthai55 said:

I did none of those things.

Where are you riding in LOS that you need 300 km range ? Every Ban has fuel for sale.

And that 'The fuel has water/dirt/dead dogs' in it ia bunk. Never had an issue in over 15 years.

How long would the seller be in business if the locals got raked over the coals with substandard fuel ?

I expressed my opinion. Nothing more.

Less range. More time for ride same dictation Its easy... Yes?;)

On 26.03.2018 at 3:34 PM, canthai55 said:

I sure you not owned some motorcycle a small tank and a large fuel consumption. Or not really ride them...:)

I sure you not owned some motorcycle a small tank and a large fuel consumption. Or not really ride them...:)
I owned a Harley sportster 48. Small tank and 1200cc's.
I could not get even 90 kms on a tank.
Useless on Phuket roads and useless for freeway as you need a gas station almost immediately.

That was my first and last Harley.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Archived