PM satisfied with Thailand's 8th rank in Best Country for Investment

webfact

PM satisfied with Thailand's 8th rank in Best Country for Investment

PNPOL610311001002401.jpg

BANGKOK, 12h March 2018 (NNT) – The government is satisfied with Thailand’s 8th rank for best country to invest in 2018 announced by the US News, emphasizing the country's recovering economy. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has received a briefing regarding the 2018 Best Country to Invest In rank by US News where Thailand is listed the 8th position out of 20 countries on the list, which takes into account economic stability, innovation, labour skills, technological proficiency, the environment, population, and corruption issues. 

Gen Prayut expressed his satisfaction with the report which shows better acceptance of Thailand in the international community, and that this ranking is a result from cooperation between the government, private sector and the general public. 

US News has previously announced Thailand as the best country to start a business for the second consecutive year, showing the country's economic potential which ranks among the highest in the eyes of international investors. 

The Thai government has been working to facilitate investment in accordance with the Thailand 4.0 model to attract foreign investments. The country is ranked at the 26th position on the World Bank's Ease of Doing Business rank this year. 

The Prime Minister was also pleased that ASEAN countries such as the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore, are also listed in the top 20 ranking, showing that the region has high potential for investment among foreign investors, and that mutual development without leaving anyone behind is important.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SouthernDelight said:

is obviously not a determining factor for investors.

As US News (not the investors) has calculated the final score from the average of the scores on the different dimensions, it means that Thailand would have a higher scores without the Junta. :smile:

(And lower score without adventure and heritage....)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

The title makes it sound like it's 8th in the world but 8th out of 20 countries somehow doesn't have the same ring to it.  Too lazy to look up the report, but it depends all on what are the other 20 countries.  And invest in what exactly?  Is it 8th out of 20 countries, for relatively low-end manufacturing?  

I don't think it's the most scientific methodology they use here. The top 25 countries ranked out of the 53 on which they report. 

Nothing wrong with the PM being happy with a position of eighth but he should be looking at those above, which include neighbours Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. This should put Thailand's position into more perspective. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aj Mick said:

Just remember the old adage...... If you want to make a small fortune in Thailand, start with a large one.

Unless you're really good like that american owner of Sizzlers, Burger King, Pizza Company, Breadtalk and the rest.....

He has so many businesses now that he could start his own malls.

The number 8 of the Premier League, won't play Euro League not even to mention the Champions League.

So, beijing the #8 out of 20, it's something you don't have to brag about it. Only the newcomers, promoted from the English Football League could see it as a progress. 

30 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Ha ha....... Why not go to Malaysia, say Penang, buy your own house, your own car, your own bank account, all in your name and have very little visa problems and enjoy law and order...... Now that sounds like the start of a good investment doesn't it ?   Or on the other hand stay in La la land, continue getting ripped off by every greedy little Somchai and probably end up being asked to leave and leave all your belongings as well......Something which i believe isn't beyond this lot......

In the middle of Georgetown is a new condominium being built but the prices are skyhigh my driver told me. 

And i was amazed to see the police there writing parkingfines all day long. have never seen that in Thailand.

Plus there are no soidogs on Penang, it's a nice place, they even didn't overcharge me and just have a pricelist outside.

• Sad 1

PM is pleased with US ranking of Thailand as one of the world’s top 20 countries to invest

By Thai PBS

Prayut1.jpg

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha was happy and satisfied with the latest survey that ranked Thailand on the eighth place among the top 20 countries best for investment in the world by the US News.

Government spokesman Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the prime minister was yesterday briefed on the US News’ ranking of the ” 2018 Best Country to Invest In” which Thailand was ranked at the eighth position.

Lt Gen Sansern said the prime minister was happy and pleased with the survey which he said reflected better acceptance of the country in the international community.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-pleased-us-ranking-thailand-one-worlds-top-20-countries-invest/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-12

1 hour ago, britishrepublican said:

8th place? I find that very hard to believe. 

So write to the US producers of the index and tell them that. I'm sure they'll give great consideration to your reasoned arguments.

Let us know how you get on.