Thai Tourism and Sport Ministry discloses strategies for tourism development on West Coast

webfact

Tourism and Sport Ministry discloses strategies for tourism development on West Coast

PNECO610311001002101.jpg

BANGKOK, 12 March 2018 (NNT) – The Ministry of Tourism and Sports has disclosed strategies for tourism development on the West Coast Tourism Development, focusing on sustainable tourism activities. 

The area covers four provinces, namely Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, and Ranong. 

The Ministry of Tourism aims to use tourism as a major tool in distributing income to secondary cities and communities, in line with the government’s policy. 

The major development strategies include developing infrastructure and facilities for tourists and enhancing the competitiveness of Thailand’s tourism, with an emphasis on attracting high-quality tourists.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-12

have they thrown Pattaya ''under the bus'',.to take the chaos and the collateral damage of a tourism industry spinning out of control,..while they focus on new virgin areas to ''pimp out'' and abuse...is nothing prescious in the country....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

now if someone can explain to them ''what a strategie is''..we can move forward...''I love a good strategie..me''

They really do not have one. They say it will depend on the current highways, and the new high speed rail lines. Well, the rail line is only proposed to go as far south as Hua Hin, for at least the next five years or so. And the highways are already overburdened. Where is the creativity in that? Are there any plans to open the Hua Hin airport? Why have an airport at all, if it is not going to be used? Why not honor the deal they struck with Air Asia, to use Hua Hin as a regional hub? What on earth is going on with that airport? They spent tens of millions of baht renovating that airport just a few years ago. Then Kan Air, the only one using the airport stopped flying out of it. Is this a strategy? They talk about Don Singkhon. The road into Burma. Well, though the Thais seem earnest in wanting that to happen, there is no cooperation from the Burmese on this. Nothing is being developed over there. Nothing exists across that border. It could be a generation until that happens, and there is anything over there to visit. 

I do agree it is a fantastic area. The beaches from Pranburi, south to Ban Saphan Noi are amazing. Best on the gulf. About a 175 km stretch of gorgeous coastline. 10 km. long beaches with nobody on them, during the week. But, not much is there, except a little bit in Pranburi, Kuiburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Klong Wan, Ban Krut, and Ban Saphan Noi area. Those are great spots. I do sincerely hope this development does not take place. A treasure might be lost in the process. Prachuap province is one of the nicest areas in the country. 

On the other hand, there is nothing to develop in Chonburi. It is one of the really "ugly towns" of Thailand. Nondescript beyond imagination, and not much to work with. 

Edited by spidermike007

" Infrastructure "

I wonder what that  will entail ? a few new roads maybe, or are they thinking about trying to maintain the relatively underdeveloped coast in somewhat good order.with effective waste control, safe rubbish disposal,  and drinking water solutions Etc .

Scrub that second thought TIT