Tourist left bloodied after non-payment of bill at Pattaya Go Go - staff claim self defense

webfact

4 hours ago, maraudingscot said:

Was there a dispute on the amount of the bill?

Only 1,380 baht. If there was 4 of them on the same bill that is only a couple of drinks each!

Aye, hard way to learn

shame to the tourists who refused to settle their bill and bigger shame to the attackers who took the law in their own hands. Land of smiles or bloodied tourists?

3 hours ago, lanista said:

You have to expect to get over charged in go-go bars expecially in the low season- if there still is one.

So it appears to be their fault. If you dont like it then dont go to  sleazy gogo bars expecially in Pattaya.

I went to gogo bars in Patpong many years ago and whenever there was a dispute over  the bill  Thai boy punks would appear from behind curtains or wait out on the street as backup.

One time i was expecting  200 baht change  , they ignore you for ages hoping you'll forget and walk out. I didnt. This Thai punk with a stupid bow tie eventually rolled up with a tray containing 20 x 10 baht coins and expected me to give him all of it as it was 'loose change'. I scooped it all up and walked out. They will try anything to rip you off. They think farangs are  desperate suckers who have an obligation to look after these soi creeps.

Havent been to agogo bar since about 2003.  Havent missed it one bit. Waste of time and money.

Ah, memories.

I haven't been in a patpong bar since before the war ended.

It was the centre of Bangkok in those days.

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Gosh why didn't they just call in "Dave"......Tourist Police officer extraordinaire---Sorted.....:omfg:

Pattaya-.jpg

Careful now, you don't want to mess with a Para! 

Does he proudly where his wings on the right breast so they won't be obscured by his radio? :smile:

4 hours ago, lapamita said:

whats overcharde for you ?? when you pay 100  for a beer?????

The good thing over pattaya is, in a little more than 30years in Pattaya, i was not ONCE overcharged.......... drunk or not NEVER

and NEVER any bigger issue

thats the good thing over pattaya

but to to a lack of income, due to evryday new crackdowns,lwas and enforcment, this maybe  will change  .......

less imcome= more sheeting,more violance,more ciminality,higher prices,and less fun

ihope all this bullshit will stop , but goverment not intrested, and due to social media more and more shit is comming

PS by the way i never had or run a Bar,,,,,but if so, their would be many many customer i would tick them something on the head for their low class beaviour , day by day!!

I think a guy like you would need to open a bar and call it “The Upper Crust”

Hats will be required ( but sorry my American and Canadian brothers and sisters baseball caps do NOT count). 

Dress code will be no singlets, shorts or any open toe shoes. Limit to only two visible tattoos ( to show your liberal side) and many fancy mixed drinks with fabulous names!! 

That should limit your head ticks to a minimum in Pattaya. 

Edited by alex8912

The Problem here we were not there so maybe we never will know the truth. Except the Tourist will tell the same story which I not believe. 

I not like bad bars and of course there are many in Thailand. But there are of course also bad tourists. The best would be if there was a CCTV recording...

Edited by HampiK
Save too fast

5 hours ago, maraudingscot said:

Was there a dispute on the amount of the bill?

Only 1,380 baht. If there was 4 of them on the same bill that is only a couple of drinks each!

Aye, hard way to learn

Come on, 1,380 sounds like A LOT more than $40.. The number is bigger, use logic in the land of smiles please 

4 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Given that smoking is against the law in venues serving food and drink, why does the venue have one available for the staff member to grab, let alone one large enough to be considered a viable weapon?

Please please please give me a link to the Thai law for this, I'll walk around to some places I like but have to stay away from due to smoking!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Police told Pattaya News they would wait until he was out of hospital before getting to the bottom of what really happened.

Good luck with that!  1,380 baht bill for four?  Waiter defending himself with an ashtray?  Such a load of bull :sleepy:

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

After six years in Thailand, I have never been to a Go-Go bar maybe I should see a doctor? :biggrin:

Pulse gogo in Soi LK Metro has a hospital theme, so you should feel right at home. The girls are dressed as nurses and the entrance is shaped like an ambulance.

i've been ripped off, i saw one walk away from bill and everything else when he

wasnt allowed to sit on stage, and i walked away from the bill myself

when they took my beer when i went to toilet. it can be anything,

no point in pointing fingers on whose blame

The same old story about Pattaya and the GoGo joints- eventually they will all be closed due to happenings like this ; lack of customers; and the continual crackdowns.  I remember when Pattaya was a fun town- now, just a shell of its former self.