13 things I miss about living back in the UK

webfact

8 hours ago, gamini said:

English food?? The poster must be joking. Especially when he talks about bread. They overcook all their meat and their vegetables are tasteless. In fact, you'll find better English food in Thailand. I have met a few who make such claims. But they like bland food. The only food I miss is Kippers, and salmon, but they are from Scotland!

Where can you eat the best Irish food? In the US

Where can you eat the best Italian food? In Brazil

Where can you it the best English food? There is no such bloody thing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai food is obviously superb in Thailand, but it’s even better when the meat is a better grade and for that you don’t get it from the street vendors.

I disagree with this. Thai food in Thailand is so much better than the sanitised UK version of Thai food, IMO.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

I disagree with this. Thai food in Thailand is so much better than the sanitised UK version of Thai food, IMO.  

How can you disagree with this????? It's obvious that the better the meat, the better the dish....the sanitised version in UK Is an irrelevance!

5 hours ago, Denim said:

I saw the thread title and in a blinding flash of clairvoyance surmised it was going to be another desperate Dan effort.

Opened the thread and presto...Cheeseman at work turning milk into cheese.

I don't agree with crowd funding but if someone starts one up to get Dan solvent enough to give blogging and vlogging up , I will contribute.

I don't know this Dan guy, but I totally agree.... This is really nothing more than a list of old clichés....he misses seasons? Really? I've never heard that one before, tell me all about it!  

11 hours ago, PeterA said:

Aspirin is much easier on the stomach, and good for many things, including your heart. Tramadol and Paracetamol are not. New Skin, a liquid bandage, can be bought even at a 7-11 or comparable store. I get a lot of small infections from cuts here. I can't even find band aids at Tesco. Have to go to a pharmacy. I also miss doctors who do not give you antibiotics for everything under the sun!

A shot in the ass cures all.

18 hours ago, Timbob said:

Why is almost every reply negative? Yeah, seems to be a trend on TV. There are some right miserable gits on here!

The thread is about what you miss, not what you don't miss.

You're obviously new here .....

16 hours ago, Black arab said:

Real ale and my friends and family are what i miss although real ale can be had in some tourist areas.

Much prefer European beers from Belgium, Germany and Czech, with the occasional Guinness thrown in!

I agree with everything you say and can't think of anything else to add to the list. I would love to own another XJ6 Jaguar but a half decent one cost anything over 10,000 baht here and only worth a little over a thousand pounds in UK.

• Thanks 1

I agree with everything you say and can't think of anything else to add to the list. I would love to own another XJ6 Jaguar but a half decent one cost anything over 10,000 baht here and only worth a little over a thousand pounds in UK.

10,000 baht ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 007cableguy said:

After living here for 13yrs straight, The last 4 yrs we now do 6 months in the UK.
I do love the fruit you get as not keen on any Thai stuff, Peaches, Oranges,Raspberries etc.
Proper chocolate and great crisps!.
Enjoy playing golf in a cooler climate and no interfering caddie to spoil my round!.
Driving is loads better where your not having to second guess what the idiots are doing around me!.
After 6 months there I'm ready to come back but after 6 months here I'm to go back! Win win really!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That's what I have in mind for the future but it will be a while before I can afford to do something like that !

What time of year are you back in the UK for six months ?

Edited by realfunster

That's what I have in mind for the future but it will be a while before I can afford to do something like that !
What time of year are you back in the UK for six months ?
I go back in a couple of weeks and come back Sept. My wife and son love the UK summer and she enjoys the rest from her family lol

15 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Where can you eat the best Irish food? In the US

Where can you eat the best Italian food? In Brazil

Where can you it the best English food? There is no such bloody thing

What a nasty little Man you are, an expert on everything and nothing, as i said previously re you,you are a complete Snob, and a condescending know all Bore! :sleep:

????sorry not gonna touch that one, I think some others beat me to it!

Sausage,eggs,beans,mushroom,tomatoe,chips with a slice of bread and butter and mug of "builders tea" to finish off

"Breakfast" as they call it in the
"Old Oak cafe" in Wilsdon .... loverrrly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

After living here for 13yrs straight, The last 4 yrs we now do 6 months in the UK.
I do love the fruit you get as not keen on any Thai stuff, Peaches, Oranges,Raspberries etc.
Proper chocolate and great crisps!.
Enjoy playing golf in a cooler climate and no interfering caddie to spoil my round!.
Driving is loads better where your not having to second guess what the idiots are doing around me!.
After 6 months there I'm ready to come back but after 6 months here I'm to go back! Win win really!

Much prefer the higher cocoa content of Euro-chocolate such as Belgian

• Like 1

14 hours ago, musiclover said:

How can you disagree with this????? It's obvious that the better the meat, the better the dish....the sanitised version in UK Is an irrelevance!

Thai food in Thailand seems to have more intensity, more flavour, more variety.

What you call 'better meat' is subjective.

Each to their own.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2018 at 5:43 AM, tryasimight said:

So why are you still here Dan?? 

You could blog from old blighty couldn't you? 

You can always bet this answer with come up when ever someone mentions leaving Thailand.

Why are you still here? Is it really any of your business why he is here?

Try sticking to the post

• Like 1