BKK Airport Re entry permit counter location- docs?

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting my reentry permit at BKK airport on way out as going to Chiang Wattana is a nightmare day out for me and wastes the whole day!

Q1. At BKK airport where is the reentry permit counter located - is it that big counter behind the immigration booths after you get stamped out or before somewhere else?

Q2. What's the normal waiting time and documents required (same as normal with photocopies of passport, visa pages, TM card and a pp photo etc)? 

Q3. I heard it costs 100THB more, is that for both single and multi type?

Cheers

1. In immigration zone 2 on the left just before the immigration desks.

2/3  No documents or photo is needed if you pay the 200 baht service charge.

About 20 minutes to do it.

Same charge for single or multiple.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In immigration zone 2 on the left just before the immigration desks.

Thanks Ubonjoe.

** What exactly does zone 2 mean please? How many zones are there? I suppose all passengers go thro this zone 2?

I did another Google Search ( http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/1001-suvarnabhumi-re-entry-visa ) and from the photo on web site if I remember the airport correctly to be an office directly after check-in gates and before going up the escalator to the luggage scan area and then onto passport immigration counters on down escalator. The site also says if photocopy documents are brought then no service change is applied, so I may try that. This seems a lot easier than doing CW visit.

there are two departure halls (each 'hall', 1 and 2, has it's own security and immigration section) so it is possible that you go to the wrong one (hall 1) and you won't see the reentry desk.  the reentry desk is in hall 2 after you've gone through security and down the escalator into the immigration area (it is in back left corner as you face the immigration desks).  hall 2 is closer to the D, E, F check in areas.  don't go down to the hall near the P, Q, R check in area. 

it is best to just show up with no docs and pay the 200thb if you want it to be done quick.  if you try the do it yourself method for 'free' you may be waiting awhile.  i believe it is 1,000 for a single reentry and 3800 for a multiple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

and from the photo on web site if I remember the airport correctly to be an office directly after check-in gates and before going up the escalator

This is outdated info.

It existed for a while but changed back as described in post #2.

Believe me, it's not rocket science to find.

That reentry is (now again) within the immigration hall.

reentry.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, buick said:

two departure halls (each 'hall', 1 and 2

It may sound logical that two halls are numbered 1 and 2, but really there is a departure no. "2" as seen in the screenshot above and a no. "3" further in the back.

(although not labeled, I assume that domestic departure is considered no. 1)

BTW: in late January around noon the crowds were so terrible that no. 2 was temporarily closed. In this case you would have to ask your way.

no2full.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

It may sound logical that two halls are numbered 1 and 2, but really there is a departure no. "2" as seen in the screenshot above and a no. "3" further in the back.

(although not labeled, I assume that domestic departure is considered no. 1)

BTW: in late January around noon the crowds were so terrible that no. 2 was temporarily closed. In this case you would have to ask your way.

thanks for the clarification.  i've seen 1,2, and 3 when i'm inbound to bkk (2 is the premium lane when you are inbound) but haven't paid much attention to the numbers when i'm outbound.  i'm leaving at the end of this month and will see if i can get it committed to memory this time.

Had all the necessary docs and bypassed the checking counter and went direct to the ,very small cubicle. Officer looked and then went, 1000b please.

Took 10 minutes, 1 guy ahead of me.

Just last week

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I cannot believe that Q3....was a factor to be concerned about...seeing as a return airplane ticket was purchased that probably cost thousands of Baht?

Well you better believe it! I will print off my own TM8 forms and photo and save the THB200 processing fee as this reentry permit will be my expense. Company buys the air-ticket.