Can have a non o visa and a non b same time?

Just be prepared to politely stand your ground.

Rayong and Chonburi labour office have no problems with it.

Most companies don't have a clue and many don't want you to have your own visa/extension because they feel it gives them some sort of control over you.

I honestly believe they try to force the B and extension because when the job finishes you end up with 7 days to leave Thailand and many do leave and miss severence pay etc if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I honestly believe they try to force the B and extension because when the job finishes you end up with 7 days to leave Thailand...

You don't automatically get 7 days to leave.  You have to apply for an extension for 1900 baht - that is denied.  They then give you the 7 days to leave.

4 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Good point. It sounded like that’s what they wanted to do today as well. So you can basically just attach a wp on to my existing non o marriage visa?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

You need to be polite but strong and ask/tell them to contact the local labour office.

You could go yourself and check it out if it's close.

My last three WP's were one Chonburi and two from Rayong.

Where are you?

4 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

You don't automatically get 7 days to leave.  You have to apply for an extension for 1900 baht - that is denied.  They then give you the 7 days to leave.

That's really why I said 'you end up with'.

Let's help the guy now, not a year or so down the line.

??

2 minutes ago, stevymac said:

I’m in bangkok. U think Chang wanthana would let me keep my non o marriage visa and just add the wp, anyone had any experiences doing it in Bkk? Cheers

If your talking about Imm' in BKK the WP has nothing to do with them. You need to contact the Labour Office that the company use.

2 hours ago, TerryLH said:

If you work for a BOI company, you get 7days, else you have to apply for it. 

3 hours ago, stevymac said:

I’m in bangkok. U think Chang wanthana would let me keep my non o marriage visa and just add the wp, anyone had any experiences doing it in Bkk? Cheers

As others have stated in order to obtain a work permit you must either a Non-Immigrant B visa (business) or a Non-Immigrant O visa based on marriage. Work Permit and permission to stay are different things and are dealt with by different departments of government.

10 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

a Non-Immigrant O visa based on marriage.

You don't need to have a visa or visa entry. If you have an extension of stay based on marriage (not a visa), you may be employed ... assuming you also obtain a work permit.

33 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

You don't need to have a visa or visa entry. If you have an extension of stay based on marriage (not a visa), you may be employed ... assuming you also obtain a work permit.

Need the OP to say he does 90 day reports or he does 90 day out/ins to clear up that one.

I missed my 90 day online report last time which would of been my first one so I had to go cw in person but my next one which will be in may as I had a re entry permit I plan to do online report

17 minutes ago, stevymac said:

I missed my 90 day online report last time which would of been my first one so I had to go cw in person but my next one which will be in may as I had a re entry permit I plan to do online report

So you have an extension of stay, not a visa.

You can still get a WP on that.

If the job doesn't work out then you keep the extension, Imm' won't cancel it.

OP, my agency wanted me to change from my Non O based on marriage to a Thai woman, and i already had all documents to do so. But I finally decided to keep mine. I've got a work permit and it's much easier to receive one. 

Would your employer terminate the contract for whatever reason, your permission of stay is gone as well. Many schools, companies do not know that working on a Non -O is as legal as working on a Non-B. Should you be on a Non-O multiple entry, you've got to leave the country every 90 days, with a Non-B you only have to report to Immigration. 

So it's basically up to the individual, and depending on the circumstances. 

Here's an older TVF thread: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/331251-non-immigrant-o-type-visa-and-work-permit/

I've been on a Non B Business visa since I started working in Thailand 3 years ago. In the meantime, I got married and told my company that they should change my visa to a Non O based on marriage. They didn't want to do that; I guess because the woman taking care of the foreigners didn't have experience in this. I said it might be easier for her too as I suspect less paperwork. Anyway, I didn't push them and stayed on my Non B.

Now, would there be any disadvantage of me asking to change to a Non O based on marriage? Any advantages? What process is involved? Would it be indeed easier for everybody to have me on a Non O?

Thanks for your help

1 minute ago, bbz404 said:

I've been on a Non B Business visa since I started working in Thailand 3 years ago. In the meantime, I got married and told my company that they should change my visa to a Non O based on marriage. They didn't want to do that; I guess because the woman taking care of the foreigners didn't have experience in this. I said it might be easier for her too as I suspect less paperwork. Anyway, I didn't push them and stayed on my Non B.

Now, would there be any disadvantage of me asking to change to a Non O based on marriage? Any advantages? What process is involved? Would it be indeed easier for everybody to have me on a Non O?

Thanks for your help

It you had a non-b visa you would have to leave the country every 90 days. I think you have a one year extension of stay based upon working obtained at a immigration office.

You could change the reason for your extension of stay from working to one based upon marriage to a Thai. It would certainly reduce the amount of paperwork that the company would need. Most of the documents  required would be supplied by you (marriage certificate, Kor Ror 2, and etc. The advantage for you would be that your extension wold not end if your job ended.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It you had a non-b visa you would have to leave the country every 90 days. I think you have a one year extension of stay based upon working obtained at a immigration office.

You could change the reason for your extension of stay from working to one based upon marriage to a Thai. It would certainly reduce the amount of paperwork that the company would need. Most of the documents  required would be supplied by you (marriage certificate, Kor Ror 2, and etc. The advantage for you would be that your extension wold not end if your job ended.

Sorry, Ubonjoe, I think you've got this mixed up. If he'd a Non-O visa ( multiple entries) he'd have to leave every 90 days. 

But if the OP has got a Non-O from a Thai Immigration with the 400 K on the bank, he wouldn't have to leave the country and he wouldn't lose it when the employment goes downhill. 

Edited by jenny2017

5 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Sorry, Ubonjoe, I think you've got this mixed up. If he'd a Non-O visa ( multiple entries) he'd have to leave every 90 days. 

But if the OP has got a Non-O from a Thai Immigration with the 400 K on the bank, he wouldn't have to leave the country and he wouldn't lose it when the employment goes downhill. 

Actually, I am still on Non-B. And yes, I have an extension of stay for one year, renewable every year. 90 days was never a problem as I have to leave the country on business trips regularly. Actually never did one 90 day reporting in the 3 years I've been working here.

Would I still need the 400K on the bank to get the Non-O if I have a regular income? I usually do not keep that kind of money in the bank account doing nothing..

1 hour ago, bbz404 said:

Would I still need the 400K on the bank to get the Non-O if I have a regular income? I usually do not keep that kind of money in the bank account doing nothing..

You can use your income from working to meet the 40k baht requirement.

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

I think you are the one mixed up. Read the OP.

Immigration issues extensions of stay not non-o or nonb visas.