Ministry to consider tax deduction on travel expenses for older people to encourage tourism 

webfact

Ministry to consider tax deduction on travel expenses for older people to encourage tourism 

By Thai PBS

panya.jpg

The Ministry of Finance says it will propose tax deduction on travel expenses for the older people to encourage them to travel to boost tourism.

According to the ministry, older people aged between 55-70 years or the “silver age” group, has strong buying power, twice higher than any other age groups as they can spend their savings on recreation.

Thailand has about 10.4 million people aged between 55-70 years. Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak has instructed the Ministry of Finance and the Revenue Department to design the tax incentive scheme to boost tourism among the silver-age population, while the Tourism Authority of Thailand would design package tours with special discounts for the older people.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ministry-consider-tax-deduction-travel-expenses-older-people-encourage-tourism/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-03-13

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

They wont say that when they start dumping all their adult diapers ! This nation must have a serious problem with incontinent old people - never known a country with so many adult diapers on show in places like Topps,  Big C and Lotus 

I've found that many old people here (and when I say old many aren't even that old) really enjoy it and grow into it. They love the attention and respect it brings.

My mother and my missus' mother are both in their mid 60s but are polar opposites. My mum hates being referred to as older, etc. She is more active than most young people and won't let anyone lift a finger for her. My missus's old dear has grown into the kru yai type figure. Having people do simple and mundane things that she is more than capable of doing herself. She's a great woman but I have to tell my missus that having her family bending over backwards is not good for her. 

10 million people over 55 ........ and 9 million of them probably to poor to buy enough decent food for themselves. Yet another government scheme whose beneficiaries will mainly be the wealthy, who already support them.