Police Say Options Exhausted To Bring 'Boss Red Bull' To Justice

snoop1130

'Search' grinds to a halt. 5 pages of indignation by Thaigeezers. Does it change the price of fish?

I'm surprised with all the expertise of the armchair detectives on here he hasn't already been captured, hung, drawn and quartered!

Nothing to see here chaps, move along please. :ph34r:

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rosst said:

I am like most of us not surprised by this but how blatant can corruption exist in the highest echelons of a Government before the world sits up and takes notice. 

What a disgusting saga, Thailand, hang your head in shame. 

I think corruption is so pervasive, worldwide at this time, that there is little to notice. Look at Russia. Maybe the most corrupt nation on earth. India? China? All we can do is hope that eventually, once they are out of office, Little P., Prawit the nitwit, and other now billionaires, will be brought to account for their enormous theft, their corruption, their policies and their crimes against the illegal immigrants, the slaves, the people who are trafficked, and the Thai people. As we know, current politicians, those that are in power in the police, the army, and the administration, never, ever get prosecuted. Once in a blue moon, they face charges long after they have left office, and squirreled away their fortunes overseas. Above the law. Any and all laws. 

• Like 1

It's galling to civilised outsiders, but with a massive effort I can manage to take a pragmatic Thai perspective for a minute.

As it was one of theirs who was killed, the police obviously treated this as a personal settlement. They would have secured big compensation for the victim's family, who otherwise would have got nothing, and money is the best way to alleviate misfortune. They also prevented waste of public funds by not sending him to jail. And there is recognition of his family's huge contribution to the Thai economy, which has to be worth something, and apparently is worth an alternative form of justice. And in any case, sending him to jail would have done nothing to preventing reckless/drunk driving, which is by definition reckless, so it would be an empty exercise of the law for a pointless principle.

The guy didn't get off scot free as he is now truly hated, and no doubt it costs a sizeable sum to rise above the law, and he also has to live in exile - and of course he is still vulnerable to future changes of government.

15 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Why punish the Salzburg,Austria based company for the sins of the Thais. Yes, there's a financial connection, but it's not Red Bull in Thailand, but Krating Daeng. I am sure the No.1 man, Dietrich Meteschitz has made his feelings known. 

I’m sure he has... but he’s the minor shareholder, isn’t he?

if so... just a lacky to be ignored

15 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

20ef582ed75f481ebd663f34cf4f625a.jpg

I went to the Interpol web site independently, input only the search parameters "Thailand" as "nationality" and "Thailand" as "wanted by" but get No Search Results. Same when adding  Lastname & Forename.

Maybe Red Notice was withdrawn?

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As many of us have been saying all along, he is above the law. Any and all laws. With the current government in place, their sole job is to protect worms like this one, and make sure they never face justice. That is for certain. Same goes for the serial killer on Dark Tao. Not only do these guys never face arrest and prosecution, but the opposite is the case. They are protected at all levels from the common cop, all the way up to the very weak and small PM. 

I can't escape the feeling it was even worse when so-called democratically "elected" parliament and the government made up from those "elected" parliamentarians were running the show.

So to say.

10 minutes ago, CharlesSwann said:

And in any case, sending him to jail would have done nothing to preventing reckless/drunk driving, which is by definition reckless, so it would be an empty exercise of the law for a pointless principle.

Wait... wait... wait... did you really? Are you serious?

??? so... by extension, disregard reckless or drunken behavior, even when it results in a fatality... or a dozen fatalities?

or just disregard this when it’s done by rich people?

ive not chased official studies on this, but I’m 100% sure that countries which “properly” prosecute reckless, negligent or drunk drivers, have less reckless, negligent or drunk drivers on their roads, which means that it is not a pointless or empty exercise. (And netting big fish always gives more bang for your buck... it would be an amazing example to set for thailand, and proof that “no tolerance” has teeth... lol... something spectacular needs doing in this regard)

id be truly stunned to be proved wrong... truly stunned indeed

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I can't escape the feeling it was even worse when so-called democratically "elected" parliament and the government made up from those "elected" parliamentarians were running the show.

So to say.

No doubt. I am not saying this administration is more corrupt than others before it. But, that is not saying much. Some things never change. Billions upon billions are being earned at the top. And I am talking dollars of dollars, not baht. 

16 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

20ef582ed75f481ebd663f34cf4f625a.jpg

My guess is that was done simply as a form of deflection. There is no way the authorities want him back here for prosecution. Just like the serial killing worm child on Dark Tao, he is being protected at every level by the police, the army and the government. That is simply how things work here. He will never in a million years be prosecuted. Not only is the administration NOT fighting corruption, they are doing everything in their power to protect the elite, the powerful, the super wealthy, and those in power, at every level, every day. 

Of course he may not be able to return to Thailand. Maybe. Maybe not. But, he is enjoying the life of a billionaire, and will never pay for the consequences of his actions. At least not in this lifetime. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Amazing. Pick some mushrooms, lock 'em up and throw away the key.... get hammered drunk and kill someone and you've never seen so many blind eyes. Interesting how there's no comment from the policeman's family.  Hmmmm, I wonder why.

And not just under the influence of alcohol, but that was never reported in the Thai press.

17 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Is this actually a surprise to anyone?  
Thailand, where money talks and bull$hit walks. 

Don't you mean "... and Red Bull s__t walks"?

Edited by HerbalEd

38 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Wait... wait... wait... did you really? Are you serious?

??? so... by extension, disregard reckless or drunken behavior, even when it results in a fatality... or a dozen fatalities?

or just disregard this when it’s done by rich people?

ive not chased official studies on this, but I’m 100% sure that countries which “properly” prosecute reckless, negligent or drunk drivers, have less reckless, negligent or drunk drivers on their roads, which means that it is not a pointless or empty exercise. (And netting big fish always gives more bang for your buck... it would be an amazing example to set for thailand, and proof that “no tolerance” has teeth... lol... something spectacular needs doing in this regard)

id be truly stunned to be proved wrong... truly stunned indeed

If prison is such an effective deterrent, why are all the prisons in every country full to bursting?

In any case, it wasn't disregarded, just a different form of penalty, which in this case, I assume at least got proper compensation for the family.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, CharlesSwann said:

If prison is such an effective deterrent, why are all the prisons in every country full to bursting?

Because criminals are being locked up for committing crimes, perhaps?

im not about to try and answer this for the entire world, but as it pertains to my country of origion, it appears as though persons on remand, unable to post bail, make up a large percentage of the prison population (33%)... these persons, by and large, are released post court proceedings (overworked courts is contributory)

But... as a deterrent, prison capacity is irrelevant... what you need to do is look at recidivism rates (40% roughly.... all countries differ) to determine the effectiveness of punishment, and then determine which crimes are most commonly the reason for recidivism, and the why of it.

So.... your question is about the values of crime and punishment, and there are numerous conflicting studies on this.... I suggest you look there for answers to your question

18 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

Amazing. Pick some mushrooms, lock 'em up and throw away the key.... get hammered drunk and kill someone and you've never seen so many blind eyes. Interesting how there's no comment from the policeman's family.  Hmmmm, I wonder why.

Amazing, distort the truth.  Arrest some members of an illegal logging gang and jail them for a short while (they were released a long time ago).

Why should the family of the officer comment considering that years ago they agreed to a compensation payout?

4 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Easy to sentence him in absentia,also easy to freeze or steal his money,prayuth did so with Thaksin and Yingluk.

Where there's a will there's a way but there is probably no will to do so

Freeze his assets for a traffic offence for which compensation has been paid?  Why?  Explain how easy it would be or why anyone would even consider it.