High End Laptop Good Places To Buy

krey

Hello All,

Been getting more and more into video editing, photoshop, sony vegas etc.  My little ASUS laptop just can't cut it anymore.  It takes forever to render, freezes often and multi tasking is pretty much impossible on it.  However I never bought this little laptop for anything but minor work and Internet browsing.

Where are some good places to look for high quality laptops besides the typical Powerbuy type places that all seem to have the exact same laptops that I am particularly blown away by..

I noticed online that Redstar In Chiang Mai has a number of MSI laptops which seem quite impressive from my research.  I like my laptops thin and powerful so I can carry them around etc.  But I Am open to other options as well.  I also have heard about Invade IT online.  Was hoping for experiences with these companies and any other places that you would suggest.

Thanks everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my MSI GS63VR on amazon and with a 1060 came to $1400 delivered to Chiang Mai. Installed a Samsung 960 EVO SSD nvme and unplugged the existing HDD (my computer opens in less than a second vs 5 seconds even if you use it as a secondary drive, just use 4TB WD My Passport for storage @ 115mb/s). You can even upgrade with Aorus 1070 via Thunerbolt3 for $800 if you really want to kick it in the guts.

I just reencoded over 1TB of movies into x265 and with CUDA acceleration managed 300-1400 FPS on a 1060 no problems

Archived