Mama Mae! 5.5 meter, 100 kilo python nabbed in South Thailand - but it's not a record

snoop1130

Mama Mae! 5.5 meter, 100 kilo python nabbed in South Thailand - but it's not a record

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GRlF9Rh3HvFMVGHhpm.jpg

Snake catchers in Thung Yai district of Nakorn Sri Thammarat caught a monster python, it was announced yesterday.

The specimen was 5.5 meters long and weighed 100 kilograms. It took ten people to hold it for the pictures recording the event.

It scared the living daylights out of a rubber worker who saw it curled up by a termite mound as he went to work in a plantation.

It was released back into nature at a location in Surat Thani.

As big as the snake was it still has some growing to do to break records.

A reticulated python kept in captivity in Kansas City Missouri, USA, was measured at 7.67 meters in 2011 making it into the Guinness Book of World Records.

While there were reports of an eight meter long python of the same species found at a flyover construction site in Malaysia in 2016. 

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1227763

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-3-14
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, car720 said:

There are some big buggers in Australia too but thank God we don't have any anaconi. (sic)

I am told that the largest python (amethystine) recorded in Australia was 8m long found in a caravan park in Queensland.

The snake in this O.P. is still one large motherf.....r I would not want to stumble across unknowingly. :shock1:

3 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I am told that the largest python (amethystine) recorded in Australia was 8m long found in a caravan park in Queensland.

The snake in this O.P. is still one large motherf.....r I would not want to stumble across unknowingly. :shock1:

One of the heaviest, in captivity (named Atomic Betty), was at a reptile park in Gosford,NSW weighing in at 300lbs, a few years ago! 

www.dogonews.com/2012/1/10/video-of-the-week-australias-largest-python-gets-annual-weigh-in

I always thought one could possibly escape a python until I saw a video of one killing a crocodile. I was shocked at their lightning speed at which they wrap and crush. They always say “released back into the wild”  Wonder if thats just a BS PC line?  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

I always thought one could possibly escape a python until I saw a video of one killing a crocodile. I was shocked at their lightning speed at which they wrap and crush. They always say “released back into the wild”  Wonder if thats just a BS PC line?

I like reptiles and I would think that so many get rescued and released by a proper snake squad that they are a good mob. Snakes I think are important creatures here , look at the ones carved  into temples.  My worry more would be released back into a location , near where ?   A long way from me is cool. I put metre long ones over the wall but .......................

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Why do they tie on a rope on the neck.   I wonder what this creatures favorite meal is?  

Sure would not tackle this beast without like 8 guys.   Wow.   

Favorite meal is wild pig and Elk    :sorry:.  

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

Why do they tie on a rope on the neck.   I wonder what this creatures favorite meal is?  

Sure would not tackle this beast without like 8 guys.   Wow.   

Because they'll take it for walkies in the park :cheesy::cheesy:

4 hours ago, Penicillin said:

As they stated in Suratthani, probably here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khao_Sok_National_Park

• Like 1