Samui Immigration office - current requirements

10 hours ago, khunPer said:

I feel sorry for those of you coming over from Koh Phangan, if you also need to spend two days at Immigration; i.e. two trips over to Samui.

I am one of them and I did indeed need to do two inter island trips in April this year, for exactly the same reason as described by khunPer.

Last year I needed two trips as well, because I went there on the 12th, my current extension was going to expire on the 29th and I was told "come back number 19". This year I went there on the 19th from the start, things looked good first but after the TM30 process downstairs (which cost me 100 baht) I was told upstairs to come again on the 24th. I asked if I was still too early and the officer replied "no, everyone has to come again".

This year I handed in the "special" TM7 form with e-mail address and phone number that I received at the counter when I did the previous 90 days reporting, without having requested it, together with the list of requirements. Last year I showed up with a TM7 form downloaded from the immigration website which was not good enough because of the missing extras. Next year I will make sure to get the "special" TM7 form again at my last address reporting before doing the next extension. And then I will look forward to the next surprise, as there seems to be always something wrong or new. ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

A list of countries exists, and if you are from China, Vietnam, South Africa, Zimbabwe etc etc (mostly African countries) then you MUST obtain your retirement visa, in the first instance, from your home country

They must get any visa in their home country, cannot pop down to penang for a tourism visa. 

MFA regulation. 

• Like 1

what are the current requirements to extend a normal 30 day visa on arrival?

i have googled, but some pages say for THB 1900 we can only extend for another 7 days, where on other pages it says 30 days, but what i did find was not current.

for all my years of visiting samui, never have i tried to extend a visa on the island.

married couple, canada & philippine passports. we will only (wish) to stay an additional 28'ish days in thailand

thank you.

18 hours ago, Pine Sol said:

what are the current requirements to extend a normal 30 day visa on arrival?

i have googled, but some pages say for THB 1900 we can only extend for another 7 days, where on other pages it says 30 days, but what i did find was not current.

for all my years of visiting samui, never have i tried to extend a visa on the island.

married couple, canada & philippine passports. we will only (wish) to stay an additional 28'ish days in thailand

thank you.

You probably don't have a visa, but just an entry stamp allowing 30-days of stay in the Kingdom, so-called visa exemption. Seem like you can extend your stay for 30-days now for 1,900 baht – read first answer by ubonjoe, he is the visa-expert...

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, khunPer said:

Thanks, I'm my own landlord, and I have already registered my TM30 on the Internet, as landlords shall do with all foreign guests, and I also do when friends are visiting. But I'll bring a blanco TM30, just in case, when I'm up for extension later this month...????

As for the TM30 requirement: what if you are not your own landlord, but you have a Thai landlord and (thus) a rental agreement, do you then still need to fill in this TM30 form (and if yes, when? and for the whole family?), or is that the landlord's obligation to do?

Edited by thuisinthailand

17 minutes ago, thuisinthailand said:

As for the TM30 requirement: what if you are not your own landlord, but you have a Thai landlord and (thus) a rental agreement, do you then still need to fill in this TM30 form (and if yes, when? and for the whole family?), or is that the landlord's obligation to do?

I only know what I wrote in post #118...

...and what PoorSucker explained. From that It seems like everybody need to go downstairs and register anyway.

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

I only know what I wrote in post #118...

...and what PoorSucker explained. From that It seems like everybody need to go downstairs and register anyway.

But apparently you can do so when going for the extension, so do it at the same time, I guess?

Any latest info about how much days before the expiration date (of the Non-O, in my case), one can go to Immigration? Is it still about 1 week, or do they grant the 30 days as it should be nowadays? (I guess I know the answer already, but who knows, miracles do happen sometimes.....).

9 hours ago, thuisinthailand said:

Any latest info about how much days before the expiration date (of the Non-O, in my case), one can go to Immigration? Is it still about 1 week, or do they grant the 30 days as it should be nowadays? (I guess I know the answer already, but who knows, miracles do happen sometimes.....).

Last time I did mine in Aug I managed to get it done two weeks before...but they did tell me they normally want the paperwork submitted ten days before, no more than that

12 hours ago, thuisinthailand said:

Is it still about 1 week, or do they grant the 30 days as it should be nowadays?

I did mine in October, 2½ week before, no problem...????

@PoorSucker posted september 29th last year (2017):

The lady processing my extension told me that I should come one month before expiry date next year. 

• Like 1

When I enquired about the 'Income' malarky while doing a 90 day report last week their reply was a blanket but nonetheless civil "800k!".

My wife had carefully relayed the question(s) and we therefore concluded that;

- No direction has yet reached the coalface (the girl wasn't particularly senior or in uniform) &

- By the time I next renew (post Songkran) a new govt will be in situ & it's anyone's guess as to how that'll effect us.

My next renewal falls just withing the 6 month validity period for a 'pension letter' issued in December therefore I will have one up my sleeve for the sake of the 50-odd quid that it'll cost ????

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2018 at 2:43 PM, phetphet said:

It's that time of year for me to start preparing paperwork for retirement extension. Are there any new requirements since last year? I will be doing the THB800,000 in the bank method, so not bothered about embassy letter.

Same requirement as a year ago - I did my renewal today.

Edited by PoorSucker
Moved response outside quote
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get all my papers ready to apply for renewal of my retirement extension on Thursday.

Can anyone post copies of Foreigner Information Form, and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions Form as required by Samui Immigration please?

I have tried downloading and printing copy of T&C's that KhunPer posted in post #71, but no success.

TIA

Edited by phetphet

Went to Samui Immigration yesterday afternoon 9th Jan. to renew extension, and obtain to Multi re-entry permit.  Was seen fairly quickly.

Given card with number (Document check), and told to wait. 1 hour 40 mins later, was called to counter. Asked to sign Acceptance of Conditions Form. Even though I had printed all passport pages in portrait format, IO was not happy, and re-scanned them all again from passport.  No sign of Foreigner Information Form. paid the two fees, 1900 and 3800, and was told to return at 16:00 on 14th Jan.

So it looks like processing is taking about three working days now.

I successfully applied for my extension based on retirement this week, I would especially like to thank evadgib for his posts but also PoorSucker and khunPer

The advice in this post is largely sound from my experience but I have commented on the differences:

1.       Prepare a double sided TM 7 including photo. Sign and date it on the day you apply – they rejected my form and asked me to complete one from behind the counter and not the TM7 available in front of the counter which they said is for ‘short term”

2.       Print and sign the Bio Page, entry page and all previous pages of passport since your visa was issued/entered the Kingdom. Do same re your departure card (TM6). 2 sets are needed if applying for re-entry permit (double sided TM8 plus photo) too.

3.       Print a Satellite Map with GPS coordinates and an arrow to your house. An A4 sheet showing a Satellite image (top) with a map (below) has been accepted for my last 5 extensions.

4.       Print copies of your Rental agreement, House book & Landlords ID – Rental agreement provided

5.       Include your Embassy letter (Original only!) – I applied in December for this before the embassy stopped issuing pension income letters.

6.       Copy all pages of your bank book and add them to your file. Have the book with you incase asked to show it – I just included the first page and 1 year’s statements.

7.       Include an original doctor’s letter from a hospital. Thai Inter provides them in 15 mins @THB 250 - This is a good tip, a friend of mine thought it had to be from Samui Hospital in Nathon, was charged 800THB and had to go twice, waiting 2 hours the 2nd time to receive the medical certificate.

8.       The correct fee is THB 1,900 plus an additional THB 1k or 3.8k if applying for single/multiple re-entry permit – I didn’t want any more confusion than they can already create so I only applied for the extension.

9.       Arrive promptly at 0820hrs on the day of application (doors open at 0830hrs). Arriving any earlier isn’t advisable at this time of year as the space outside the entrance faces the full glare of the morning sun – Again a good tip, it was very busy in the morning so I collected my forms, did my extra photocopying* and went back in the afternoon.

A few other things:

*The IO automatically assumed that I was applying based on marriage and asked for 2 copies of everything including the TM7 form (from behind the counter). When I when back I pointed out that they had given me the wrong list of document requirements but said Mai pen rai, I have what you need anyway. They then said we only need one copy of your documents then. I said Mai pen rai, maybe I can use them in the future! and smiled.

Anyway, I had a 2 hour wait for the document check, need to sign the sheets I forgot to sign and was told to come back 3 days later.

3 days later it took a couple of minutes to get my passport which was stamped with a 12 month extension.

Overall not too arduous and much better than my experiences in the past.

• Thanks 2

On 1/10/2019 at 4:02 AM, phetphet said:

No sign of Foreigner Information Form.

That form has been abandoned again – I think it's mentioned in one or more posts – instead one from about October last year needed to report address in the office on the ground floor, and bring a receipt up, which later are stapled into the passport, even you already had done your TM30 form; but sounds like you didn't do that, so that might also have been stopped again.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone transferred their current extension stamp from one passport into a new one? They charged me THB500 for this. I questioned the young lass, since when does that apply, is this a Koh Samui only fee, to which I was just glared at. Ask for a receipt, "not have'. Anyone else dealt with this recently?

I need to submit my extension again soon, worth bringing it up with the lady who deals mostly with the longer extensions under marriage?

Also, anyone know what the STM. 2 Form is?

Hi Poor Sucker, no, got this already from the Amphur in Nathon. It's listed as point 2 on the Samui Immigration List. Full Sentaence is:

"2. Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the kingdom on Thailand (STM.2)"

No doubt I will find out this afternoon what it is, if I don't have it.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:41 AM, thewaggaringa said:

Hi Poor Sucker, no, got this already from the Amphur in Nathon. It's listed as point 2 on the Samui Immigration List. Full Sentaence is:

"2. Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for permit of temporary stay in the kingdom on Thailand (STM.2)"

I think you have an outdated list, that was a document you had to sign acknowledging you could be hung, drawn and quartered for overstaying...

Here is the current list:

SAMUI REQ EXT NONO.pdf

Edited by ParadiseLost

On 2/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, thewaggaringa said:

Has anyone transferred their current extension stamp from one passport into a new one? They charged me THB500 for this. I questioned the young lass, since when does that apply, is this a Koh Samui only fee, to which I was just glared at. Ask for a receipt, "not have'. Anyone else dealt with this recently?

I need to submit my extension again soon, worth bringing it up with the lady who deals mostly with the longer extensions under marriage?

Also, anyone know what the STM. 2 Form is?

It's a normal fee. I paid the same, and I've read in other posts here in Thaivisa that same fee appliy at other immigration offices. And by the way, it's a fair fee enough for the job...????

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:41 AM, thewaggaringa said:

They stopped asking for that form, instead they asked for proof of address registered at the office downstairs (at least during the last few month of 2018).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be ridiculed for this but i seem to recall reading it somewhere therefore i'll ask:-

Do copies of passports etc in landscape (sideways A4) mode have to be on the left (space on right) or does it not matter @ Samui IO?

(Guess who's just done 'em the wrong way round; not that i'm due just yet!)

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

I'll be ridiculed for this but i seem to recall reading it somewhere therefore i'll ask:-

Do copies of passports etc in landscape (sideways A4) mode have to be on the left (space on right) or does it not matter @ Samui IO?

(Guess who's just done 'em the wrong way round; not that i'm due just yet!)

To my knowledge, all photo copies have to be in portrait mode.