Suzuki Burgman 200 vs. Yamaha X-Max

Anyone have any experience with both of these bikes? I have owned a Burgman 200, for some time now. I love it. It is powerful, super comfortable, has a cushy ride, great suspension, is very dependable, and is a real treat to drive. This bike absolutely loves the highway, and drives so beautifully at 100KPH, which is about as fast as I need to go on these highways. Just recently the Yamaha X-Max 300 was introduced in Thailand. Appears to have some of the features of the T-Max, without the hefty price tag. It seems to be priced at around 168,000. It does have 8 horsepower more than the Burgman, but so does the Honda Forza (I despise the design, and find it to be one of the ugliest bikes ever made) and the Forza drives like a large boat, without the nimble ride of the Burgman, and does not appear to have more power either, despite the additional size and horsepower. 

Any thoughts on either? I was considering a change, though I am relatively content with the Suzuki for now.

You are comparing an apple to an orange and it doesn't make any sense.  Xmax 300 cheaper, more powerful, better looking.  I had a Burgman 400 for three years and it was nowhere near as nimble, nor as quick as my new Xmax.  If you are happy with a minor league performer in the maxi scooter genre then stick with the Burgman 200, if not, rent the Xmax 300 for two or three days.  After that, the choice all buts hits you in the face.

18 minutes ago, idman said:

You are comparing an apple to an orange and it doesn't make any sense.  Xmax 300 cheaper, more powerful, better looking.  I had a Burgman 400 for three years and it was nowhere near as nimble, nor as quick as my new Xmax.  If you are happy with a minor league performer in the maxi scooter genre then stick with the Burgman 200, if not, rent the Xmax 300 for two or three days.  After that, the choice all buts hits you in the face.

OK, that is helpful. By the way, the Burgman was about 28,000 baht cheaper, when I bought it, than the Yamaha. It feels like alot of bike for the money. I paid around 155,000 baht, with about 15,000 baht in accessories, and two years theft and damage insurance.

So, you are saying even the Burgman 400 was less powerful than the X-Max 300? Wow. Fascinating. Will have to take one for a spin. Is the Yamaha as comfortable a ride? Is it as cushy? Thanks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

OK, that is helpful. By the way, the Burgman was about 28,000 baht cheaper, when I bought it, than the Yamaha. It feels like alot of bike for the money. I paid around 155,000 baht, with about 15,000 baht in accessories, and two years theft and damage insurance.

So, you are saying even the Burgman 400 was less powerful than the X-Max 300? Wow. Fascinating. Will have to take one for a spin. Is the Yamaha as comfortable a ride? Is it as cushy? Thanks. 

Good advanced give you spidermike007. Just rented Xmax for few days and try it. 

Check this thread:

I added a spec comparison chart on 2nd page that includes Burgman, Forza, Xmax etc., you also need to take into account weight, so not bHP alone but power/weight ratio.... (but as they say, test-ride is best, than looking at just the specs). 

Edited by Agusts