Drive Time to Bangkok From Khon Kaen

racyrick

1 hour ago, Lamkyong said:

Distance Calculator Find Distance Between Cities

Distance calculator helps you to find the distance between cities and calculate the flying and driving distance in both kilometers and miles.
India · ‎United States · ‎Countries · ‎Italy

..or https://goo.gl/maps/18uaWLvqbTG2

4 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Depends where in KK and bkk

About 5 hours or thereabouts

Just supporting this.

About 5 hours to the outer ring from KK city straight down #2 driving in a responsible manner.

How long it takes to reach your exact location in Bangkok is set in the stars.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Five hours is about right averaging about 100 kph.

That is a straight through drive without stopping for gas , food or lavatory.

If driving during Songkran holiday will definitely take longer.

Edited by Denim

One poster directed the OP to a site where he could calculate distance. That's good to know but won't help much with drive time, TIT.

Example - I recently made a trip that was 162 miles/260 kilometers. In the Western world, that's a 2.5 hour trip. Google Maps said 4 hours & 1 minute. I usually avg 78 to 80 kilometers p/hour when I travel by car. I estimated 3.0 hours or so. It took 3 hours 25 minutes there & I made in back in 3 hours 10 minutes. Two lane roads 98% of the way, far too many towns/villages and sugar trucks everywhere.

Travel time here depends on type of road, condition of the road, how many villages you have to pass through, is it sugar season, or not...on & on.

The OP asked what the drive time was - distance is not relevant.

13 hours ago, Denim said:

Five hours is about right averaging about 100 kph.

That is a straight through drive without stopping for gas , food or lavatory.

If driving during Songkran holiday will definitely take longer.

I'd like to see you average 100 kph for a 5 hour drive.... think about it.

6 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Yes....you are right. More like 80.

I try to cruise at 100 but there are traffic lights and one hourse towns to slow you down.

Used to be a poster on here who claimed he would floor it to 140 plus and get to Pattaya in 4 hours. Highly improbable. 

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Yes....you are right. More like 80.

I try to cruise at 100 but there are traffic lights and one hourse towns to slow you down.

Used to be a poster on here who claimed he would floor it to 140 plus and get to Pattaya in 4 hours. Highly improbable. 

It's possible at night with very to little traffic and also very few red lights.

5 hours ago, Tagaa said:

One poster directed the OP to a site where he could calculate distance. That's good to know but won't help much with drive time, TIT.

Example - I recently made a trip that was 162 miles/260 kilometers. In the Western world, that's a 2.5 hour trip. Google Maps said 4 hours & 1 minute. I usually avg 78 to 80 kilometers p/hour when I travel by car. I estimated 3.0 hours or so. It took 3 hours 25 minutes there & I made in back in 3 hours 10 minutes. Two lane roads 98% of the way, far too many towns/villages and sugar trucks everywhere.

Travel time here depends on type of road, condition of the road, how many villages you have to pass through, is it sugar season, or not...on & on.

The OP asked what the drive time was - distance is not relevant.

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly, I want to know the "Real" time it takes by people who have done the drive.

A Google calculator and info does not take into account all the factors.

5 hours ago, malt25 said:

I once worked for a hospital-based ambulance service. On one occasion an ER nurse (LPN) was talking about how she and a former co-worker had once made an emergency transfer to the Level 1 trauma center   She went into great detail about the event, describing the patient's condition, how it was around 3am, very little road traffic and up to that point the story had been interesting.  Then she bragged it only took them 20 minutes door to door.  Well, my BS meter alert instantly went off.  Knowing the door to door distance was slightly over 40 miles and you had to traverse about 1-1/2 miles of residential streets before getting to the main highway and close to 2 miles before arrival, I told her it was physically impossible. Even after telling her that the Medivac Helo takes almost 15 minutes flying, she still stuck to her story.  She avoided me for quite a while after that.  No loss on my part.

Route 2 from Nong Khai to kabi buri then 331 to almost Pattaya would be a real good road if they got rid of all the traffic lights and put in more flyovers.I see a few weighbridges but wonder what use they are when there are so many overloaded trucks about,maybe another money spinner!!!

On 18/03/2018 at 5:19 PM, racyrick said:

Thanks for your reply.

Exactly, I want to know the "Real" time it takes by people who have done the drive.

A Google calculator and info does not take into account all the factors.

Google numbers are fairly accurate. 5 hrs 50 min from Sathorn. Seems about right.

• Like 1

On 18.3.2018 at 8:01 PM, brownknees said:

Do not drive at night!There are still a lot of minivans ,buses and big trucks all trying to get their first!!

I remember this from some recent article: three times as many deadly accidents during the night compared to daytime.

Who is surprised?