More Wi-Fi hotspots for Phuket as plan to tag tourists mulled

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BigC said:

i cant help  but believe this is for selling to to corporations or someone shall be making a fortune supplying these electronic tags

or this is fake news which wouldn’t surprise me 

You nailed it with first sentence, and for selling the data for advertising.

Not fake news, which is the really scary thing. They can't try it in western countries because of privacy laws, but in LOS ......................................................................

20 hours ago, Regyai said:

When will these draconian control freaks realise

that great swathes of the developed world  have none of this ID card, registered address etc nonsense

and its people find the concept of a proposal such as this to be anathema

Welcome to the Chinese century. These guys think this stuff is reasonable 

21 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

The public backlash would be so massive that this farce would be on the back burner before it ever got off the drawing board.

I question any Thai reasoning with the ultimatum.Good luck with tourism. Stupid is at stupid does.

8 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Maybe cheaper, and employ more Thai's to tattoo all people entering the kingdom....

ausw.jpg.fa78783f4a7a357e935f641b53c55f27.jpg

..big red dot between the eyes..oh already got those...hmm...what about one of those Nordic buffalo horn helmets.

This is a bad idea from inception No were else in the world do they track tourists like this Not even in Russia or Cuba

This is  1984 Once word gets out that the government wants to track people this way Tourists will stay away in droves

stupid on forhead.jpg

They’ll wish they hadn't found out some tourists habits!!:partytime2:

…by the way will those parties of 138 Chinese tourists that all wander round following a flag have to wear them too.

At least if they do the authorities will know when they all try to get in the lift together!!

7 minutes ago, realenglish1 said:

This is  1984 Once word gets out that the government wants to track people this way Tourists will stay away in droves

I doubt the Chinese tour groups will complain, but I'll certainly be staying away from any part of LOS that think's it's OK to track non criminals.

"This would be done for the sake of their safety." how dose it help there safely?

Classic

It won't happen but if it did I would be of that's for sure and Tourist numbers would be down 90% I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, juice777 said:

"This would be done for the sake of their safety." how dose it help there safely?

Classic

It won't happen but if it did I would be of that's for sure and Tourist numbers would be down 90% I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Of course it doesn't help safety as it is the reactive approach not the long overdue proactive solution sadly missing in Thailand.

They know already in witch hotel you sleep.......

and they have your phone number .....

if they need me ....just give me a ring.....

It is THEM.....the big mafia politicians ,who escape the country time after time .....those 

big shots need tracking bracelets .

Don't see a problem.  Once you establish a buying and visitation pattern then the buyers and sellers can use that data to

track you down and help you make further choices.  Wives can find out where their husbands are and make sure the morality of the family is kept in tact.

Archived