Lending money to anyone in Thailand is a bad idea

ghworker2010

While I sympithise with lending to 'some' people I disagree that everyone is 'out to get something for nothing'

I have lent money to people & had it repaid I have borrowed money from people & repaid it

You have to look at each individual separately. I own & operate a business here in Phuket & because the Banks won't lend to me, I have to look to a fellow farang for investment capital to build my LEGITIMATE business.

A short term loan with good interest prepared by a solicitor to make it legal & showing good collateral, with clearly defined terms    

• Like 2

A thai asking in-laws for money, because the annual school fee for his kids is soon to pay and have at the same time the latest pearl white Toyota fortuner
(Ford Everest or whatever) on a 72 month lease....
Won’t happen to me, I don’t even share the same table with a person like that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Hence why I quoted 40+ you found 1 stat and ran with it.  I found a multitude of info and quoted it. Time to retire you page 1 only, reader. 

Wrong!!  Thailand only has about 67/68 million people. Almost none over 65/66 and under 12/13 are on Facebook. A very very very small amount but they make up a LARGE number of the overall population. Now you have the rest of the population and again a large

percentage are very poor and do not have access to Facebook and believe it or not millions don’t use it even in that age range.  

So your 40+ million is FAKE NEWS!

The Thai Tech article says 30 million people in BANGKOK use face book lol!!! There are only 10 million in Bangkok so also fake news!!

You ran with this:

The Thai Tec

Thailand has 46 million registered Facebook users. Therefore, of all the Facebook accounts in the world, 2% of them are logging on from Thailand. This number represents a huge percentage of the Thai population and clearly Facebook is an essential part of daily life for most Thai people.

fake news!

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1

He openly admits he owes the money but never has it to pay back.
You can take him to court look on google .I am just saying a text message would help you in court just in case he decided to lie and say it was a gift.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

I believe the number should be 120% not 1200!

Apologies. I got a bit carried away with the zeros...  still a lot of interest though.

Edited by tropo

14 hours ago, nanglong218 said:

Shakespeare......"Neither a borrower nor a lender be,  for loan oft loses both itself and friend. And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."

Timeless advice I'd say.    Why work for grog when it is easier to borrow and never repay.  Same everywhere.

My wife has cousins, nieces, nephews and immediate family who are constantly asking for a 'loan'  whenever a financial problem arises - she has finally learned the NO word after being stung a few times!

2 hours ago, RIC23 said:

While I sympithise with lending to 'some' people I disagree that everyone is 'out to get something for nothing'

I have lent money to people & had it repaid I have borrowed money from people & repaid it

You have to look at each individual separately. I own & operate a business here in Phuket & because the Banks won't lend to me, I have to look to a fellow farang for investment capital to build my LEGITIMATE business.

A short term loan with good interest prepared by a solicitor to make it legal & showing good collateral, with clearly defined terms    

Absolutely, too many hand it out foolishly, without even asking the repayment plan.

7 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Wrong!!  Thailand only has about 67/68 million people. Almost none over 65/66 and under 12/13 are on Facebook. A very very very small amount but they make up a LARGE number of the overall population. Now you have the rest of the population and again a large

percentage are very poor and do not have access to Facebook and believe it or not millions don’t use it even in that age range.  

So your 40+ million is FAKE NEWS!

The Thai Tech article says 30 million people in BANGKOK use face book lol!!! There are only 10 million in Bangkok so also fake news!!

You ran with this:

The Thai Tec

Thailand has 46 million registered Facebook users. Therefore, of all the Facebook accounts in the world, 2% of them are logging on from Thailand. This number represents a huge percentage of the Thai population and clearly Facebook is an essential part of daily life for most Thai people.

fake news!

Where did you get 46 million registered users in Thailand from? 

These are the real numbers.

Selection_014.png.0d70ee10449a6b16ee74355da28af486.png

12 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

except if all the work colleagues and students see the police and we start telling them whats going on. 

Like I said the police wont do anything. Only way is if you pay the police to do something, otherwise they will sit at their office and smile and  take notes and when you leave it gets filed and that is the end of it. 

On 3/19/2018 at 2:47 PM, Prairieboy said:

My wife has cousins, nieces, nephews and immediate family who are constantly asking for a 'loan'  whenever a financial problem arises - she has finally learned the NO word after being stung a few times!

That's because most of the useless pieces of s#%$t don't give a toss, because your wife has a Falang

& the rule is if they need to borrow there is no way they will be paying back (especially ) to your wife since she has a Falang

They are to busy running , hiding , & swaping phone numbers whilst shoveling money around to appease all the others

Oh & don't worry the so called family has also stung my wife big time

• Like 1