When do we get a Fair Go ?

weegee

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Then maybe you should fix these things... and give them your phone number so they can inform you when something needs to be fixed!?

everything is perfect when they move in.    these are not serviced apartments, sir.   minor repairs are almost always the responsibility of the HOUSE renter in Chiangmai.   if you want the owner to do it for you...well,

your choice .   good luck .   

50 minutes ago, rumak said:

everything is perfect when they move in.    these are not serviced apartments, sir.   minor repairs are almost always the responsibility of the HOUSE renter in Chiangmai.   if you want the owner to do it for you...well,

your choice .   good luck .   

I rent a house in Udon, and if i tell the landlord about something like this he will get it fixed. Of course if you are the landlord you say the renter has to do it, it's cheaper and easier for you. But maybe your renters have the same opinion as me and think it's your job, so they don't do it.

And i think all across Thailand the housing situation is quite similar, a vast over supply. So if the landlord wants to keep me (i could also move in the house next door, which is the same house) he better does these things.

And one example why it's not so easy: The ceilings with integrated lights are too heigh to reach them from a chair, so if you were the landlord you would expect me to buy a ladder so that i can change the lightbulbs?

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

I rent a house in Udon, and if i tell the landlord about something like this he will get it fixed. Of course if you are the landlord you say the renter has to do it, it's cheaper and easier for you. But maybe your renters have the same opinion as me and think it's your job, so they don't do it.

And i think all across Thailand the housing situation is quite similar, a vast over supply. So if the landlord wants to keep me (i could also move in the house next door, which is the same house) he better does these things.

And one example why it's not so easy: The ceilings with integrated lights are too heigh to reach them from a chair, so if you were the landlord you would expect me to buy a ladder so that i can change the lightbulbs?

I have no problems keeping my tenants.  Just like you have the right to choose,  so do I.   You are just making the usual antagonistic comments made by some on TV.   My point was in reference to a post about

being capable of taking care of things and being independent.If tightening a nut or changing a light bulb requires you to call the landlord....I am definitely happy not to rent to you.    If you would like to start another post about

landlords and tenants in Thailand please do so.  

Update ;-  Have had water, which is enough to get by on....For about 4 hrs in the middle of the day, it's got reasonable pressure. I think we have been put back on Hatyai Town supply and taken off the Songkhla supply which means we may be at the far end of the line now...The Songkhla water Line may have been disrupted from all the overpass construction on the outskirts. 

All in all, Theres enough to fill the tanks for a shower....:thumbsup:

On 3/18/2018 at 4:58 PM, weegee said:

Asked them that when they came to check everything.....I reckon, they have closed a Valve somewhere and been too lazy to open it fully again....That or the Main Pump Station has cut this area back to nothing.

Besides being lazy, they probably havent been properly trained either. They know it and cant afford to lose face to follow your advice then let you find out they have completely no grey matter up there.