Honda Forza 300

Badrabbit

i had a forza and i thought it was a great scooter.

i have ridden it on long ish journeys @1000k's a trip and the only problem with it i found was the rear shocks were a bit soft, i am a generously proportioned lad, which i fixed by replacing them with some after market shocks.

i personally am a fan of big capacity scooters and was seriously looking at the sym 600i, it is a great scooter. and it will easily do well over 100 kph all day long and you will still be able to walk after it.

my advice is test ride a few different scoots before you lay down the cash, i know a lot of shops do not do test rides but if you look around you can either try a second hand one or there are shops in pattaya and Bangkok that do big scooter rentals.

both Honda and Yamaha do make excellent quality product , it all boils down to your preference.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canthai55 said:

How peoples tastes differ.

While the bike in the pic is probably a good performer, I would need to be blind to own one.

Off topic i know, but i disagree.

Bar the green paint job (they also did a "nuclear pink"), the early 955 Speed Triples are one of my favourite motorcycles. Prolly the only water cooled bike i'd consider owning. Cult bike nowadays. All it needs is a BRG (British Racing Green), dark blue or black paint job and you're away....

• Like 1

On 31-3-2018 at 6:47 AM, Badrabbit said:

Just seen video of the new Forza 300 169k at a motor show I'm assuming in Bangkok, looks impressive, anyone been to the show and have been told when it will be available?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes there were 2 of them but i didn't talk to the sales since it was very busy there (with models and idiots with camera's).

Also there was another bike from honda with cvt, with half offroad tires...costed under 400k...i asked the sales if he had a backrest for that model so i wouldn't loose my wife...another sales came and they said i could order that myself...i asked if they could sell me that bike with the backrest and it became an unpleasant discussion so i left..

I tried the Burghmann 650 though but that costs more. Also a nice scooter with all options. They had a big sign with 80K baht discount if you buy now (or soon)...i asked the sales about that but the girl couldn't speak a word english and the boy only very crappy...

So i went to BMW, also nice 650 scooter and they speak good english...that one needs service every 10.000 km...the burghmann every 6000...for the honda/yamaha i don't know but for me that's important to know since i hate to go to the garage. I only wished those scooters had larger wheels, 15 inch isn't much.

The motorexpo is still open, guess during the week it's less busy with all those idiots who have never seen a girl and need to make photo's of them. I go there to orientate myself for a new scooter, don't care for the girls.

I missed the yamaha scooters though, had planned to go see them and even was in the yamaha stand i remember.

There are also some new brands which i can't remember.

• Haha 1

Breaking those rear mirrors will be an expensive affair now, with indicators mounted on them - who came up with that idea !!!?

I think the arm is not adjustable so the mirror inside must move I guess (like cars), another complex and expensive mechanism...

• Like 1

Breaking those rear mirrors will be an expensive affair now, with indicators mounted on them - who came up with that idea !!!?

I think the arm is not adjustable so the mirror inside must move I guess (like cars), another complex and expensive mechanism...

I’d rather someone bash a mirror, than the bike/rider.

I actually think it’s a great idea to place the indicators in such a prominent position(for safety reasons).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XMAX Forza spec comparison.

XMAX              FORZA
Overall Length             2185 mm         2140 mm
Overall Width               775 mm           755 mm
Overall Height             1415 mm         1470 mm
Seat Height                 795 mm            780 mm
Wheelbase                   1540 mm         1510 mm
Ground Clearance       135 mm            135 mm
Wet Weight                   179 kg               182 kg
Fuel Capacity                13 L                  11.5 L

Nice until it breaks. Too much unnecessary electronic gadgetry for me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Think you are right, can't see the point in That windscreen or traction control on a 300cc scooter. 

But if it's comfortable with enough leg room I will consider buying, Xmax and the Honda are on my consideration list.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just my opinion but that new dash is too cluttered...
No real need for RPM on an auto scooter !! Nice big analogue speedo is cool, with a digital read out next to it. But just one thing on the digi display at a time, with an easy to use scroll function.
Maybe the fuel level available constantly ?? 

Keep it simple.....
I like how they have 11k rpm on it.
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but in reality and won't even touch 9k.

Even an analogue clock is more useful.

Hey OP, this is the beauty of this forum, you get people who will actually give you an opinion based on the question that you asked.

and then you get all the other posters who just post to make them selves feel good and offer nothing to the thread except rubbish.

either of your choices will be a good buy, it all depends on what bike you like.

Here Here ! Gotta love it when people comment on a bike they have never owned, never ridden, based on pictures on the Net.
Or make a post that is covered with more manure than a feed lot.
Why have a thread if we can't discuss its design?
It's ugly but looks are subject to ones desire.

9 hours ago, sebastion said:

I like how they have 11k rpm on it.
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but in reality and won't even touch 9k.

Have you ever rode one ? If not, then your post above is ...

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

Why have a thread if we can't discuss its design?
It's ugly but looks are subject to ones desire.

See above ...

On a public internet forum do not be surprised if you post nonsense and are called on it.

On Monday, April 02, 2018 at 2:53 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Jenny2017, you know me quite well and I must say they are a good comfortable ride with enough starting/stopping power for Thai touring weekends etc. A few local SSK guys have them (ex-Bikers) and they are all pleased with them.
Didn’t think I’d ever ‘stick-up’ for big-scooters, but the easy riding is actually quite enjoyable.

Do I look  like I .........should still be riding on 2 wheels ? Probably not at 71. I have had the Forza for 3 years now and I love it , big seat , good fat tyres and lots of torques. My first bike was a 1955 200cc Ariel Colt.  Then the bikes got slowly bigger , at the same time came ice on the roads , freezing hands , water logged brakes , oil leaks and much more. Point is I have done more miles I think on my Forza then all bikes in England since 1963. If you like the Forza , good if not never mind eh.

• Like 1

See above ...

On a public internet forum do not be surprised if you post nonsense and are called on it.

I was reading the tachometer from the photos.

Ridiculous feature for a cvt driven scooter controlled by a CDI.

The bike won't hit near the redline i can assure you.

30 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Ridiculous feature for a cvt driven scooter controlled by a CDI.

Capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) or thyristor ignition is a type of automotive electronic ignition system which is widely used in outboard motors, motorcycles, lawn mowers, chainsaws, small engines, turbine-powered aircraft, and some cars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_discharge_ignition

An engine control unit (ECU), also commonly called an engine control module (ECM), is a type of electronic control unit that controls a series of actuators on an internal combustion engine to ensure optimal engine performance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_control_unit

I have a long handled shovel if you want the hole deeper.

I was reading the tachometer from the photos. Ridiculous feature for a cvt driven scooter controlled by a CDI.
The bike won't hit near the redline i can assure you.

Agree. About as useful as a gear indicator or a sign saying what colour the bike is!

On 05/04/2018 at 11:01 PM, sebastion said:

Xmax is a much better looking one of the two.
That Honda is hideous.

The old Forza is extremely easy to modify with a module from the CBR, it will reach 11k rpm.

Edited by uwe_rayong

move forward to minute 46, takes 30 seconds to change from 9k to 11k rpm.

Modifying is a different story.

I laugh at those scooters all noisy revving their guts out and going nowhere. Buy something bigger capacity if you want more from the bike.

I've been down that road messing with CVTs on scooters. Shredding a belt at speed is a hairy moment i don't want again. Also flat spotting the rollers happens real fast.

They are designed to certain tolerances. If i was 18 and dumb again sure i would understand.

• Haha 1

Each to their own. In my opinion none of the scooters, PCX, Xmax or Forza are optical appealing.  But they are practical! 

You can use them for a small shopping, if it starts to rain a little it is not such a problem as with a regular bike and many buyers prefer the twist and go system.
I live between Rayong and Pattaya. Either way about 45km one way. 45km on a Wave or Fino are no fun at all.

On a Forza or Xmax it is acceptable even to transport a few items. For my weekly shopping with the family I use the car anyways. 

Bike is just for me, if I forgot something to buy or go to the Cinema in the evening etc. 

I would never buy a 600ccm scooter as ฿ 150-200k  are  my financial limit when it comes to a Scooter. The 26hp are sufficient for my needs. With a bike or car I rarely drive faster as 130km/h.  

I looked also at Versys x300 and Honda 500X,. On both bikes you can put a box on and it is still somewhat acceptable to look at it. Light and manoeuvrable bikes. 

The new Duke 390 I like the most of the three, which is still in my price range, but if you put a box on that bike it looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Also not sure about the KTM Service Center in Pattaya? 

Duke 390 is  the most fun to drive, Honda 500x and Versys are still fun but also a little more practical and Xmax/Forza the "you have reached your destination" type of bike but most practical. 

If money is no issue I would buy a Xmax or Forza for the shorter trips with unclear weather conditions and an African Twin or R1200 GS for the longer trips.

Unfortunately that is very unlikely to happen:smile: