Lift kit for 2018 Ford Ranger

ndwgolf

Question 

im looking at changing my stock Ford Ranger wheels and tires to 16” rims with 265/75/R16 ATS tires. I’m also thinking of lifting it another 1 inch. The bigger tires will lift it about 1 1/2 inches already. The tire shop has s simple spacer kit that will add about an inch and a quarter so total including tires is about 2 3/4”. The spacer kit is B3500. 

Has anyone tried this method and if so how is it?

neil

The vertical spacers for the front shocks and extended rear spring hangers is the easiest/cheapest lift available. Anything higher may introduce issues with vibration, especially if yours is a 4x4. The maximum recommended using this method is 2".

Lateral spacers on wheel hubs are banned in a lot of countries for good reasons. Unfortunately, the OEM Ranger rim offset (lateral) doesn't allow for much choice in 'bigger' tires so the more aggressive tire changes mandates changing the rims as well.

Based on the experience of several 2" lifters on Australian Ranger forums, the increased tire radius actually brings the speed as displayed on the dashboard speedo closer to the actual surface velocity. Certainly can confirm this 'stock' disparity across both Rangers I have owned where the dashboard speedo and speed indicated on the Garmin are never the same. This is not new and depending on who you want to believe, there's various reasons and it is common across various makes and marques.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bheard said:

Tampering with suspension - you saying you know better than the manufacturer?
Does your warranty still stand?
Does your insurance policy allow that?
Considerations . . .

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Suspension lifts are old hat. It's up to the individual to decide if he wants to impair any factory warranty or compromise any insurances.

Judging by the amount of (for example) after-market, non-OEM Brembo brake calipers fitted on nearly-new cars, along with low-profile rubber on oversized rims, the factory warranties don't count for much, especially when you want a certain look. With pickups, most don't care that it's noisier, bouncier and more unstable or if the thing is dragging its ass over every crack in the pavement, as long as it looks 'awesome' and has been 'chipped' and belches black smoke.

The land of 'Up to you'.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1