Looking for bicycle shop near Central Pattaya

AlexCanada

I'm looking to purchase a fairly inexpensive bicycle preferably under 10,000 baht and located near Central Pattaya.  It can but does not need to be a MTB.  I'm open for used bicycles at a shop as well.  Any suggestions would be great.  

There are a couple of shops along  Theprassit road selling  "proper"  bicycles  one is more friendly than the other according to reports here.

Tesco and Big C  at South Pattaya have a lot of lower cost bicycles...they have a mountain bike with disc brakes  and shocks for about 8000 baht

Eastern Bicycle (Ch. Numchai) On Sukhumvit in Naklua (North of Bangkok Hospital) is good, the have stock of 'cheap' old bicycle as well as expensive new ones in air conditioned room

SV Bike is not bad, only that the lady owner has resting b*tch face, otherwise quite cordial

If you don't need relationship with the local bike shop, service or return visit for things, Decathlon in Tesco North Pattaya has some good bikes, way better than LA or Thai brand in Supermarkets

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

If you don't need relationship with the local bike shop, service or return visit for things, Decathlon in Tesco North Pattaya has some good bikes, way better than LA or Thai brand in Supermarkets

I will second that. Decathlon has good bicycles to good prices.

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

Eastern Bicycle (Ch. Numchai) On Sukhumvit in Naklua (North of Bangkok Hospital) is good, the have stock of 'cheap' old bicycle as well as expensive new ones in air conditioned room

SV Bike is not bad, only that the lady owner has resting b*tch face, otherwise quite cordial

Good recommendations here.  If you up your budget to 15,000, you can get a better selection.  The components of the cheaper ones will all rust out fast.

11 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

I can up the budget to 15k no problem but the main reason I was trying to just get something really cheap is I figured it will be less likely to be stolen or stripped down.

As long as you have secure parking and a decent lock, the risk isn't that great for a 15k investment.  A high end carbon fibre one with expensive components is a different story.   I still wouldn't leave a cheaper one in a public non-secure area for any length of time, even with a lock.

Archived