Reports of poisoned stray dogs outrage animal-rights groups

webfact

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

How often have I said this?

Spay, vaccinate and release.

It's worked brilliantly on Phuket, which is a rabies free area.

1 hour ago, Annunaki said:

Alternatively, round them up, double tap, burn.

Also creates a rabies free area.

And that nicely points out the difference.

Some are rabid (:laugh:) in their desire to kill - whereas some of us appreciate the Phuket example as an effective, long-term solution.

Of course it fails to satisfy those who just want them all dead.... .

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, vogie said:

My solution would be more of a solution than yours I can assure you.

When somebody disagrees with you, you deem it as blathering, it really says a lot about you now doesn't it.

Your assurances are irrelevant, as they are based on nothing but idle conjecture.

If it wasn't for irresponsible animal 'lovers' turning their pets out into the street or the pesky idiots who feed them then we would not have to find a solution.

I choose not to own a dog, so I don't see why I have to put up with someone else's cast off.

• Like 2

Just a bit of perspective on this all-engulfing crisis, threatening the very existence of human life in Thailand:
According to the Bureau of Epidemiology statistics, the average human death rate from rabies in Thailand was around 300 annually, in the 1990's. Last year it was 11. So what is this hysteria all about? What's the real agenda?
Dog meat for consumption might become legal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

It is not conjecture when you are being chased by them when riding a bicycle or moterbike, nor having to stride over them getting trying to get into a 7/11, nor finding dog muck outside the house. It is not conjecture when a child has their face ripped open by them. It is not conjecture when they bark and fight all night so its impossible to sleep. Before you use words like conjecture I would understand what it means first.

No, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Culling animals and control in town areas are not really the same thing are they. Certainly I agree that 'Soi strays' are a problem and if the appropriate authorities took action in a controlled manner in the first place they wouldn't have a problem. Killing a few now is not going to stop the stray population growing.

I do think that you need to kill more of these, as I have mentioned a wire across some footpaths would help,  particularly those little allies that run along drainage ditches, we would get a lot less of these people terrorising the general population with their bad driving,

wrt killing now, a little here and there will help us all, make the roads safer for everyone

• Confused 1

Maybe a few do gooders need to watch a few u-tube vids

on Rabies here is an old one.

Put the dogs down now.

Just imagine if it was a 14 year old child.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Why not stick to the facts? Why toss out  idiotic scenarios?

Unless it was BS, ( i read it on a post on this  this forum )

a 14 year old dies yesterday of Rabies in Thailand. ?

7 hours ago, Shackleton123 said:

"Poison the damn things", "Puppy Panderers Brigade" - Not biased then? No agenda huh? The thing I really like about Buddhism is that it holds all life sacred. My advice for you is move to Vietnam - you can "eat the damn things" there' or better - go to South Korea - you can "beat the damn things to death with clubs" and then eat them. Heaven for you I'd imagine.

Or he can stay in Thailand, where cock and bullfighting is broadcasted on TV, the main national sport is a violent martial art, animals are drugged for tourist $ in large numbers and nearly every creature is fair game to end up being served with some noodles. Not quite Tibet in the 1920s.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

All the stray Soi dogs and cats need to be captured and inspected and any that are diseased (rabies, distemper or any other disease) or suffering from malnutrition should immediately be humanly put to sleep, all the others should be spayed or neutered and kept in a compound for people to come and collect them

Impossible the numbers are way out of control, millions of them. Get the army to kill on sight, that's the only hope of at least keeping the numbers from going up every year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

And that nicely points out the difference.

Some are rabid (:laugh:) in their desire to kill - whereas some of us appreciate the Phuket example as an effective, long-term solution.

Of course it fails to satisfy those who just want them all dead.... .

Possible to spay etc on a small Island with a few thousand dogs, but not in the country as a whole will millions of them. Not the money the time or the man power.

• Like 2

On ‎21‎/‎3‎/‎2561 at 8:42 AM, DinoSabanovic said:

On ‎21‎/‎3‎/‎2561 at 8:41 AM, DinoSabanovic said:

Bla bla bla. Talk talk talk. Nothing happens. How about marking a dog when it receives vaccine? How about a law to fine people who let the dogs roam around? How about a chip for pets? Only in my small village there are at least 15 sick dogs... I hate it.

Dino I have nothing to say about your post but I like your taste in old cars ................

21 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

There's clearly no answer to posts like this...

Ignore the proven example as "an exception that proves the point"??!

The comment "this org has substantial funds that originated out of the Tsunami" is even more nauseating.

I've no idea whether or not it's true - but as they're clearly doing a very good job, why is it important or relevant?

You obviously have selected reading skills. I explained WHY Phuket has less of a problem but Phuket, last time I looked, was not Thailand.

19 hours ago, Thomas33399 said:

It is wonderful to see this. Any reduction in these dangerous strays, most of which originate from irresponsible owners, is a great and very overdue event. The Vietnamese and Koreans should be allowed to come here and take them away for the dinner plates of those who enjoy them.

Animal lovers? Who cares! 

It's not about 'animal lovers' it's about 'animal sentimentalists'.  I am an 'animal lover' and FULLY support culling and educating for responsible ownership. Letting dogs wander around and have yet more dogs is utter madness!  If the 'animal sentimentalists' want to stop the cull let them FIX the problem, round up the dogs, treat them, feed them, neuter them and get them adopted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/21/2018 at 1:03 AM, fasteddie said:

Somebody dies of a cat bite so dogs have to die? Land of Stupid!

I say kill 'em all..........they will bounce back in about 10 years, only to force us to do it all over gain.:coffee1:

On 3/21/2018 at 3:45 AM, BEngBKK said:

In my country you can shoot a cat or dog if it is in your property and not wear a collar with a tag of ownership....

I love it...........might have to shoot the owners as well when he attacks you on your property.