My boss wants to make a bank account for me?

johnray

5 hours ago, HooHaa said:

ah, haven't been in thailand long. 

sorry not going to play that game.

you mean the money thakisin put in his household staffs name. I believe suthep did same.

ask yourself, logically, with all the potential native shills out there who would agree to let this happen without question, why attempt it with a foreign employee, who, while he may be bereft of the common sense to directly inquire at the bank to find out what is happening directly, is already questioning the process.

I maintain this scenario, in this instance, is utter bloody nonsense.

So your analogy is that  because he's a foreigner the fraudulent thai would dare not use his account for dubious purposes. 

Such as the head of a school for underprivileged girls that stole 88 million destined for the poor. She spread the money out into various accounts of employees and family members. Then withdrew the money and put into her own account. But of course, by all means give your boss access to your bank account. I'm sure you're fully protected because you are so special as a foreigner. 

Hilarious. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

As said my several posters this is normal. All companies look for (and should look for) ways to save even a few baht on a regular basis and ways to gain efficiencies.  

You could check about the application form by going to a K Bank branch and ask if it's the normal form to open a simple savings account. From my memory K Bank has the savings application form in Thai only and also in Thai and English. Get a Th/Eng copy and compare the details to the one the boss is giving you.

Does the company not already have a copy of your passport? Strange to me if then don't.

In any event just photocopy the details page and put two diagonal lines across the photo and write on the photo (don't obliterate the face area so it becomes impossible to use as an ID) and write in small letters on the photo: 'To open K Bk sav. ac at xxx Bch xx/xx/xxxx'.

Many Thais do exactly as above, I , my Thai son and his Thai wife do also. Why because scams abound to use other peoples photo for various illegal things,scams, etc. Same in many countries.

Also, as said, i'ts very easy to open a kCyber internet banking account in your own name and very easy to use, and you can check what movements have taken place in a few seconds. Very convenient to transfer funds to other family members savings accounts (can be any bank/branch in Thailand), pay bills, pay your K Bank credit card, make payments to kids life insurance policies etc).

The main item you need to start KCyber internet banking is a K Bank savings account in your name (your name only, not a joint account, but after it's open you can add K Bank joint accounts).

You can download the application form for KCyber and take it to any K BAnk branch, takes 5 minutes to get it started, can use it the next day. And K Bank call center are very helpful if you need any guidance, help, etc.

Good luck. 

As suggested by many posters go to the bank/ branch as requested by your boss, and open a simple savings account, your name only, perhaps better to not have an ATM card (you can refuse an ATM card - some bank staff will try to tell you the gov't made it compulsory, that's bullxxxx, they want to push you to get a commission) and start KCyber internet banking, so easy and quick to set-up, so you have the resources to quickly and safely control the account.

Then give your boss a photocopy of the first internal page of the bank book which gives your full name, your new bank account number, and the bank name and branch, surely that's all your boss needs. 

And when you do open the simple savings account insist on a photo copy of the completed application form(s). If they say it's not normal procedure then really insist.

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

So your analogy is that  because he's a foreigner the fraudulent thai would dare not use his account for dubious purposes. 

Such as the head of a school for underprivileged girls that stole 88 million destined for the poor. She spread the money out into various accounts of employees and family members. Then withdrew the money and put into her own account. But of course, by all means give your boss access to your bank account. I'm sure you're fully protected because you are so special as a foreigner. 

Hilarious. 

my analogy is nothing.  you are inflating the issue.

In no place ever have I suggested he give his boss account access. Quite the contrary actually.

personally have no interest in tilting windmills with you, and your stridency and hyperbolic worst case scenarios grate on me. 

i further suggest, he leave the country immediately, as he will never be safe here. 

none of us are. 

everyone with a payroll account is in danger.

run johnny run.

Edited by HooHaa

37 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

my analogy is nothing.  you are inflating the issue.

In no place ever have I suggested he give his boss account access. Quite the contrary actually.

personally have no interest in tilting windmills with you, and your stridency and hyperbolic worst case scenarios grate on me. 

i further suggest, he leave the country immediately, as he will never be safe here. 

none of us are. 

everyone with a payroll account is in danger.

run johnny run.

It's not hyperbolic, they are the facts. 

The poster was worried about the situation. I and other posters gave opinions on this and scenarios that might be relevant to his case. 

It doesn't matter that my post grates on your ego. It was not intended for you. Of course everyone with a payroll account is not in danger. But his boss is requesting a new account that she might have access to as other posters have pointed out. 

So since i grate you so much, you should keep your nose in your little square, and I likewise will keep mine in mine. 

I didn't read but they probably need all their employee in the same bank (in my factory we all have BBL account) so they can transfer the payroll easily ! 

Just open a KBANK account by yourself and give her the number,  it should be fine !

Reading comprehension skills on this thread seem to be lacking in many posts. He ALREADY has an account with the very bank she is insisting he open a new one.

Yes, but could be branch specific as my company does in BKK. In some other countries branch specific doesn’t matter, but it does or certainly did do back when we did ours.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:48 PM, duanebigsby said:

Reading comprehension skills on this thread seem to be lacking in many posts. He ALREADY has an account with the very bank she is insisting he open a new one.

Agree. Are these people even reading before they comment?

Anyway, my experience. Have worked for 3 companies/hotels and yes each one I needed to open an account with the bank that they use. Each place it was requested I do this myself.

Seems dodgy and unnecessary for them to do it.

Only reasons I can think of is perhaps this person is getting a commision from her mate at the bank for it. This is actually written into a lot of employment contracts as it is very common. Eg, purchasing officer buying fruit and veg from supplier 1 instead of supplier 2 because they give him commision. 

Another reason could be that you don't have your work permit yet and she knows you may have difficulty without it. It sometimes takes awhile to come through or they hold off to see if you pass the 3 month probation.

I would simply ask for the details of whats different (as you already have an account with same bank) with this account they want to open. Then go and open it yourself. Or if she gets short and dismissive with you then maybe consider if you want to work for people that get angry when you ask them anything.

Everywhere I have worked I have had a good relationship with owners and am sure they would be approachable about something like this.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, duanebigsby said:

He may have an account in a different area, which would require "commission" every time the company deposited to it.

4 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Another reason could be that you don't have your work permit yet and she knows you may have difficulty without it. It sometimes takes awhile to come through or they hold off to see if you pass the 3 month probation.

Surely the OP would not be breaking the law!!!!!!!

Also, if he already has an account with that bank, he won't have a problem opening a new account.

• 2 weeks later...
I have had my money paid into my own account for a year and no problems.  But now she has asked all staff to sign a kbank opening form (form is in Thai language) and provide a photo copy of passport.

I asked her why this is and she just keeps saying sign the paper I am slowing down the company wasting time money and energy.  She said something vague about a company account. Than mentioned ''she has to do the payroll'' ''all the other staff have done it we are waiting for you'' but I don't see why she cannot use my normal bank account that I have full control of.  She says she will not pay me if I do not sign it in 3 places with passport copy.

How can she make a bank account for me without me being there and why does she reject my normal kbank account? How can I have two bank accounts at the same bank?

She is a really shady woman from what I've seen and heard and I don't trust her.

Just go to the bank and open it yourself...and the bank will give you paperwork to give to her.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app