Uninsured British man on way to extend his visa loses leg after horrific motorbike accident

snoop1130

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
59 minutes ago, Dave67 said:
An update his family left Thailand he remains in the hospital still with his broken pelvis untreated. An article in the Daily Mail said 50/50 chance he will die of an infection.

Hopefully the family can get a loan and pay the outstanding amount

Yes I was thinking the same but like many people who are Thai novices, they don't realise the seriousness this situation.When they left it wasn't like the last goodbye it seems they think crowdfunding will save the day. And all I can see is him laying in hospital untreated burning up the crowdfund money

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

Yes I was thinking the same but like many people who are Thai novices, they don't realise the seriousness this situation.When they left it wasn't like the last goodbye it seems they think crowdfunding will save the day. And all I can see is him laying in hospital untreated burning up the crowdfund money

He still has a long way to go and catching an infection in a Thai hospital is pretty common here. I've lost a friend a while ago who had a heart attack but died of a lung infection on the same day when he received blood. 

The Thai doctor had warned me that I was also at risk and he apologized that Thailand doesn't have enough money to separate highly contagious patients from others.

I hope that he's doing well and will soon be transferred to the Bangkok hospital to get his pelvis done. Still, a long way to go, I wish him only the best. 

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

He still has a long way to go and catching an infection in a Thai hospital is pretty common here. I've lost a friend a while ago who had a heart attack but died of a lung infection on the same day when he received blood. 

The Thai doctor had warned me that I was also at risk and he apologized that Thailand doesn't have enough money to separate highly contagious patients from others.

I hope that he's doing well and will soon be transferred to the Bangkok hospital to get his pelvis done. Still, a long way to go, I wish him only the best. 

Sorry to hear that Jenny2017. I really can't see a way out for him but where there is life there is hope as the saying goes

I'm not going to cut and paste what I just read on his sister's timeline

They've transferred him to a new hospital for surgery. He had to buy his own mattress because the equipment is poor, someone is sleeping on the floor

He's been farmed out to Thai hospital under the guise of surgery a day after his family left

Edited by Dave67

13 hours ago, Dave67 said:

An update his family left Thailand he remains in the hospital still with his broken pelvis untreated. An article in the Daily Mail said 50/50 chance he will die of an infection.

Thats not good. Fingers crossed that they get him the treatment.

On 21/03/2018 at 2:26 PM, InMyShadow said:

Completely ruined ??  Are you drunk? Ive seen hundreds of amputees in Thailand  moving around no worries at all

mostly begging on the beach or pestering me while im trying to have a quiet beer somewhere

I'm not going to cut and paste what I just read on his sister's timeline
They've transferred him to a new hospital for surgery. He had to buy his own mattress because the equipment is poor, someone is sleeping on the floor

He's been farmed out to Thai hospital under the guise of surgery a day after his family left

But at least he's receiving care! He should be thankful for that. In my opinion the driver who smashed into his motorcycle is the villain here not Harry, not the Thai health service.

In stressful times we all say things we don't really mean. But, what has been said about this hit and run driver. Nothing much. He should be paying the hospital fees not Harry.

As for Harry, don't listen to the negative things, think 100% positive. You can do it! We are praying for you!

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app