TM30 cannot get 60 say extension

I tried to get a 60 day extension to my tourist visa but the landlord did not know about TM30 amd the immigration told me today to get her to come into office and sort this out and pay 2000 baht fine.

Landlord is away until middle of next month and my t.visa expires 3rd April. 

I'd pay the fine on her behalf but can I process this TM30 myself at immigration?

Any advice as always, hugely appreciated.

1 hour ago, Fish Head Soup said:

You can't process the TM30 yourself, you need your landlord to get their act together and sort it out.

That depends upon the office you are reporting to. Many allow and insist the individual do it,

1 hour ago, Fish Head Soup said:

You can't process the TM30 yourself, you need your landlord to get their act together and sort it out. You may also have the same problem if you need to attend a hospital and have treatment paid for by insurance.

"You may also have the same problem if you need to attend a hospital and have treatment paid for by insurance."

And you base that on what exactly?

Perhaps a way around this would be to spend a night or two in a hotel and then use that address when applying for the extension. The hotel should register you as a guest so immigration would see that as a valid TM30 registration. Once registered does the same TM30 address registration remain on the computer for good, or atleast until replaced by the next registration? In other words, as long as youve stayed at a hotel at some point in the past then you should have an address registered.

4 hours ago, uncleeagle said:

Perhaps a way around this would be to spend a night or two in a hotel and then use that address when applying for the extension. The hotel should register you as a guest so immigration would see that as a valid TM30 registration. Once registered does the same TM30 address registration remain on the computer for good, or atleast until replaced by the next registration? In other words, as long as youve stayed at a hotel at some point in the past then you should have an address registered.

You think I can walk into same one and do this after they outlined issue of not having one? I did something similar before to be honest but not because of TM30. I was considering this as a short term solution but I'm concerned the IO may be disappointed to see me solve it this way.

I think you are hoping to get a 30-day extension to your 60-day permission to stay, not a 60-day extension.

Here's your solution.

Get on a bus down to Pattaya. You have probably been here before.

Book into a hotel. The following morning, get yourself down to Jomtien immigration. You will be sorted well before lunchtime. Party the night away.

Back on the bus to Khon Kaen.

Sorted.

Just now, Briggsy said:

I think you are hoping to get a 30-day extension to your 60-day permission to stay, not a 60-day extension.

Here's your solution.

Get on a bus down to Pattaya. You have probably been here before.

Book into a hotel. The following morning, get yourself down to Jomtien immigration. You will be sorted well before lunchtime. Party the night away.

Back on the bus to Khon Kaen.

Sorted.

It's a 60 based on being a father.

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Khon kaen. 

I assume you are applying for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child.

I think KK immigration may let you do it yourself if you have a rental agreement and copies of the owners house book registry and id card

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are applying for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife or child.

I think KK immigration may let you do it yourself if you have a rental agreement and copies of the owners house book registry and id card

They did before but on this occasion they did not and said tm30 required and 2000 baht fine. It was a different IO and it was busier than normal. 

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

"You may also have the same problem if you need to attend a hospital and have treatment paid for by insurance."

And you base that on what exactly?

Working for a multi national insurance company 9 years of which were in Thailand.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He would need tax stamps on a proxy form signed by the property owner.

14 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

He would need tax stamps on a proxy form signed by the property owner.

As far as I know the Phuket immigration office is the only offices wanting a power of attorney to do it.

Most offices allow the tenant to the report as possessor of the residence as per the immigration act.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know the Phuket immigration office is the only offices wanting a power of attorney to do it.

Most offices allow the tenant to the report as possessor of the residence as per the immigration act.

I had my girlfriend act as 'housemaster' for the TM30, we have a joint rental contract which her name is on. That was good enough in Hua Hin, she filled out the forms as a Thai being in charge of the house.

Just now, ukrules said:

I had my girlfriend act as 'housemaster' for the TM30, we have a joint rental contract which her name is on. That was good enough in Hua Hin, she filled out the forms as a Thai being in charge of the house.

I think this makes sense hence the multi specific info on the tm30 - owner/house master etc. We shall see. Thanks for info chaps hope to solve very soon.

when you check into a hotel they would register the address online, so TM30 should be filed ln your behalf and this extension requirment would be satisfed using the hotels address. does the extension date have to when you are still at the hotel? 

when you checkout is that filing somehow canceled, or will your address still be that of the hotel until the next time you register, either by checking into a new hotel or by you are landlord filing if moving to a condo?