Seeking location of Customs House, Ranong Province

Anyone have any knowledge of  where the Customs House is in Ranong province at Myanmar border?  Address as given by Call center   90/ 221 Chalermprakiat Road, Paknam, Mueng 85000

( 90/221 ถนนเฉลิมพระเกียรติสมุทรสงครามระนอง 85000)

but Google maps cannot find it in English or Thai . No info on any Govt websites , searches empty for location search on Customs  site  and  a neglected FB page says it's closed permanently. (Suspectnot affiliated) The Bangkok Govt call clearing  center is useless, no way to push the extension and the direct line ( o77 82 4872 )  never answers.

Going on second hour of wasted time  Please assist. 

Thank you 

On 3/22/2018 at 1:04 PM, Mattd said:

Maybe try calling the regional customs HQ in Phuket and ask 076 211377

This is the number that the Thai Ship Owners Association list for Ranong:  077 811582 calls to Ranong are picked up , put on hold and then after 5 minutes hung up 

076 211 377 Passed around 6 times,  Hung up on  call back  passed around 3 time  then  finally a woman comes on and says it's a stationery store 

Edited by PhuketSarah

1 minute ago, PhuketSarah said:

076 211 377 Passed around 6 times,  Hung up on  call back  passed around 3 time  then  finally a woman comes on and says it's a stationery store 

Ah, then I apologise.

Worse case, call the HO in Bangkok.

Customs Care Center at Tel. 1164 
Thai Customs Department, 1, Suntorn Kosa Road, Klong Toey, Bangkok, 10110 Tel. 02 667 6000, 02 667 7000

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

Ah, then I apologise.

Worse case, call the HO in Bangkok.

Customs Care Center at Tel. 1164 
Thai Customs Department, 1, Suntorn Kosa Road, Klong Toey, Bangkok, 10110 Tel. 02 667 6000, 02 667 7000

And they give me a phone number that has no way to enter the extension Jaysus Going on hours now trying to get a map to the place.

On 22.3.2018 at 8:14 PM, Maestro said:

I searched some more and found the Ranong Customs House at these GPS coordinates:

9.949205, 98.595969

That is plausible with other information found.

I hope this search link works:

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=ด่านศุลกากรระนอง

Not far from Ranong Immigration BTW.

Midway between Police Station and Immigration office.

On 22.3.2018 at 10:46 AM, PhuketSarah said:

the direct line ( o77 82 4872 )  never answers.

This number is incomplete (if that is what you dialed?).

From their website:

077-8248723

Last line on the sign is in Burmese:

ranongcustoms.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

This number is incomplete (if that is what you dialed?).

From their website:

077-8248723

I think you'll find the number the OP quoted is correct - regarding the number of digits anyway.

The way phone numbers are written is not always consistant or clear.

In Thailand there are three-digit area codes followed by six-digit numbers (I'm now talking specificially about landlines and outside of Bangkok).

The convention for writing the number is: 077-824872/3

This signifies there are two local numbers: 824872 and 824873, usually they will be set set-up so if the first number is busy it will switch to the next one, but not always.

It's the character between the last digits  "2" and "3" which causes problems. The standard is to use a forward slash: / not a hypen: -

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 5:36 AM, bluesofa said:

I think you'll find the number the OP quoted is correct - regarding the number of digits anyway.

The way phone numbers are written is not always consistant or clear.

In Thailand there are three-digit area codes followed by six-digit numbers (I'm now talking specificially about landlines and outside of Bangkok).

The convention for writing the number is: 077-824872/3

This signifies there are two local numbers: 824872 and 824873, usually they will be set set-up so if the first number is busy it will switch to the next one, but not always.

It's the character between the last digits  "2" and "3" which causes problems. The standard is to use a forward slash: / not a hypen: -

Thank you   for  this  - problem was  again the call centre gave me  bad info, not separating the last two digits, which is why I could never get through. Then  after I figured that out  asked for English, answered in Thai,   put on hold forever, then it  picks up, put on hold and hung up on. Fairly typical govt phone manners.  

Edited by PhuketSarah