Thai Consulate in Ireland no longer issuing METV - any SE Asain countries issuing to non-citizens?

Anyone know if METV (O-Type, family) are issued in an SE Asian countries to non-citizens?  Home country consulate no longer issues these (very recent change), so have to apply to UK.  Sadly, tickets booked to Ireland and now won't have time to get all new documents required and send passport off to UK.  

Since February 26, 2018 the Royal Thai Consulate in Ireland no longer issues METV.  They now direct people to London Embassy.

Really retrograde change for Irish citizens, who will now need to get a Police Certificate (takes 3 weeks) and Medical Report (neither of these was previously required by consulate), provide bank details (also never previously required), and now send their passports to the UK.  The London Embassy website naturally states that you should send by Royal Mail Special Delivery (obviously not available from Ireland) and pay with a Sterling Postal Order (also not available from Ireland).  

You are wanting a multiple entry non-o visa not a multiple entry tourist visa (METV.

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos without a need for financial proof.

A medical certificate and a police clearance is not a required to get non-o visa at the embassy in London. That is only needed for a OA long stay visa for retirement.

I am certain if you send 125 pounds in cash by any courier or registered mail service with a prepaid return envelope it would be accepted by the embassy. Within the UK it takes less than a week to get your passport back.

58 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Go to Savannaketh, they issue such,  you do not even have to show any income, just marriage confirmation and so fourth

Thank you.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wanting a multiple entry non-o visa not a multiple entry tourist visa (METV.

My bad - miss-typed the abbreviation.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos without a need for financial proof.

Do you know if they will also issue to legitimised father?  Never married.  Financial proof isn't a problem thankfully.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A medical certificate and a police clearance is not a required to get non-o visa at the embassy in London. That is only needed for a OA long stay visa for retirement.

You are correct again - I was looking at the wrong section.

33 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am certain if you send 125 pounds in cash by any courier or registered mail service with a prepaid return envelope it would be accepted by the embassy. Within the UK it takes less than a week to get your passport back.

I may just fly in and stay a night.  Far preferable to sending passport to another country.  No way to get a prepaid UK postage envelope/stamp in Ireland.  Their website is really lacking information regarding Irish applicants - they mention £10 return postage fee, but something tells me that won't be enough for return postage to Ireland.  Seems that the change hasn't been thought out at all.

Thank you for the help @ubonjoe

15 minutes ago, RedCardinal said:

Do you know if they will also issue to legitimised father?  Never married.  Financial proof isn't a problem thankfully.

The wil not issue a multiple entry non-o for being the parent of a Thai at Savannakhet. Penang Malaysia will issue one if you have financial proof.

If your parthood has been legitimized the embassy in London will issue a multiple entry non-o. Be sure you have proof of the legitimization when you apply.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If your parthood has been legitimized the embassy in London will issue a multiple entry non-o. Be sure you have proof of the legitimization when you apply.

Thank you.  My initial attempt will be at the London embassy.  Hopefully, that will work out.