Snake ID please

streetlite

9 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Or you can get proper help, and it might get them out of your house for a longer period. Maybee starts looking for why the snakes comes so often to your house is also a good idea. 

As long the hot water do not harm them, it should be ok, but a ketchup bottle is a good and precise weapon in this case. Also a bottle trap is also a good thing. Google it and you will find many good ideas. 

I live surrounded by jungle. These snakes are normally just passing by. 

Hot water doesn't seem to harm them. I tried many other ways from using ice-cubes and freezing water to vinegar. Only hot water did the trick. I don't want to harm the snakes. 

Will check the ketchup bottle trick. Thanks for the tip. 

He said he use trow hot water on the snakes tail, and I say ketchup bottle is a precise weapon where you will have greater succes hitting your target where you want from a safe distance. 

Snakes sarching to hide, and if you have a big water bottle 5l or so, you can make a trap out it by cut of the top and turn it invards, and then ductape it to make it like a whole he can hide. The snake will escape in to it, and then you can release it far away from home and people. 

2 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

What is good about getting rid of frogs?

In the rainy season we have several hundred around the klong in our garden, I can't walk in the grass without squishing a couple!

Dangerous for  the snake I would imagine, judgeing by the amount of people on here who like to slaughter anything that crawls along the ground.

If I thought knowing it's name would go some way to saving a life ( the snake's, I mean) I would look it up myself for yourself and others.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, streetlite said:

Thanks, Hummin

3 hours ago, streetlite said:

I bought an excellent, inexpensive pocket guide to the snakes of Thailand and Southern Asia, with pictures, descriptions and warnings about the most deadly varieties, from Asia Books. Sounds right up your street.

Edited by Krataiboy

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I bought an excellent, inexpensive pocket guide to the snakes of Thailand and Southern Asia, with pictures, descriptions and warnings about the most deadly varieties, from Asia Books. Sounds right up your street.

The local fb pages, is better and more accurate, and inexpensive. The admins often go and help to catch the snakes to. 

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

If it is a chequered keelback it's not dangerous, there's loads of snakes that hang around our garden that are not poisonous and they do a good job of getting rid of frogs and bugs, tree snakes in particular. Don't kill any more and don't let your wife either, it's not necessary.

Yes you're right. Okay there is a time to be careful...like always...because any animal bite can result in an infection. But people just don't realise that snakes are part of a food chain. I haven't seen a snake a my present address for one year...pity because sometimes there is literally a deluge of frogs and toads. Got some pretty big spiders though but I've got a fair size plastic biscuit jar and if one comes inside I trap the spider and return it outside..they help to keep the cockroaches etc down. 

21 hours ago, streetlite said:

OK, thank you everyone, and yes I carry some guilt over this. How do I recognize the good ones from the bad ones though? I appreciate your education.

Look and learn if you wish :smile:

https://www.thailandsnakes.com/deadly-thailand-snakes-guide-snake-house-dangerous/

https://www.thailandsnakes.com/thailand-snake-notes/most-common-snakes/