Police general warns men: ten years jail for groping females at Songkran

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks for the warning Herr General, I shall remain at home with her indoors, I will occasionally chuck her in the shower to simulate Songkran, I will also fondle to my hearts content as she does actually like the attention and emerge the other side of the festivities a leaner, cleaner and exhausted GT, thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

I think those with your kind of attitudes would be better off taking the staying home during Songkran a few steps further and leaving the country completely because obviously Thailand is not the country for you and it seems to be the same with most other posters on here.

Just a bunch of moaners that complain about everything and have to wonder why you are here?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Happy enough said:

555. these guys are hilarious. who comes up with this. sure, it's sexual assault but 10 years? if they made the punishments realistic people might actually adhere to the law

Ya but if you're the right person in Thailand, you can kill someone or many someones, and never spend a day in jail at all.

You wonder if they've kind of lost the path when it comes to proper priorities.

Or to put it another way, how many of the inevitable drunken driving carnage crashes with fatalities that are soon headed our way are going to get 10 year prison sentences for the perpetrators?  Probably, NONE!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

13 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

I notice the good general's 11-point plan has only been laid down to apply for the Songkran period. Does that mean local motorists can safely disregard all of this once Songkran is over? 

Don't worry... with the way the police fail to enforce virtually everything here when it comes to road safety, the average Thai can safely disregard the general's list during Songkran too and probably get away with it with little downside.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

11 minutes ago, HLover said:

Trying to turn Thailand into a Nanny State= a gag order and deportation.

I hope you understood I was not serious at all. :smile:

I was 100% tired by the Nany State I am coming from and I am totally satisfied with my life in Thailand, I have had only one girlfriend I met at a birthday party 6 years ago, I am perfectly accepted by her charming family and vice versa, our relationship is friendly, they are not rich but never asked me for money, they rarely drink alcohol and have a real sense of humour. So it is not a cause of resentment :tongue:

In fact, my post did not even correspond of my perception of the Thai roads... Where I am not scared at all.

I, contrarily to many TV members I never ever think about their dangerousness...nor do I joke about the drivers' amulets, have no pathological obsession with what most called the police-farce.

If, of course, I do not condone everything it is never ever an obsession...because I am happy here, I even persevere to learn the language.

AS you can see I'm not sure I'm worthy of being a good  member of TV :guitar:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussie11950 said:

Touching a female breast 200,000 Baht or 10 years jail.

Drunk driving 100,000 Baht or 5 years jail.

So drunk driving is not so bad.

And 3 points from your 12 given points, means you can drink drive up to 4 times in 1 year.

Yet the fine remains 500 baht for using tourists for bayonet practice ?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

• Don't speed
  • Don't go against the flow of traffic
  • Do wait at red lights
  • Don't drive while sleepy
  • Do wear seat belts
  • Do have a license
  • Don't overtake in congested areas
  • Don't drink and drive
  • Do wear a helmet on a motorcycle
  • Do use motorcycles safely
  • Don't use a phone while driving.

Don't Throw buckets of ice water at passing motorbikes

Falang who aim high pressure water jets who want to get people in the eyes  or ears 10 years in prison . 

In Fact ban all falang from taking part after all its a thai thing .  

15 hours ago, JOC said:

He must have been a very bad person in his earlier life.....That is why, he was reborn in Thailand.....:whistling:

or having been born with microcephaly in the past life would have done it also

And it will end up like this here. The General has misspelled the do´s and don´ts  :)

• Do speed
  • Do go against the flow of traffic
  • Don´t wait at red lights
  • Do drive while sleepy
  • Don´t wear seat belts
  • Don´t have a license
  • Do overtake in congested areas
  • Do drink and drive
  • Don´t wear a helmet on a motorcycle
  • Don´t use motorcycles safely
  • Do use a phone while driving.
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cereal said:

So, with all this jive from the cops, when does the fun start? Or better yet, how?

you should keep your hands to yourself.  makes me wonder about all the TV members who are coming out against this measure. perhaps  they also advocate the behavior of a certain American president?

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

2 years plus sued for writing a bad restaurant review, 10 years plus 100,000 for groping a woman, 1 years plus 100,000 for smoking on the beach. 500 baht + hospital bill for stabbing a farang if he doesn’t die. Who makes this sh-t up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

I think those with your kind of attitudes would be better off taking the staying home during Songkran a few steps further and leaving the country completely because obviously Thailand is not the country for you and it seems to be the same with most other posters on here.

Just a bunch of moaners that complain about everything and have to wonder why you are here?

Got out of bed on the wrong side today did we ? or maybe just a general sense of humour failure or even lost the ability to spot sarcasm when its pretty evident. Usually you seem like such a nice poster to, oh well can't win em all, never mind, onwards and upwards eh :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Happy enough said:

555. these guys are hilarious. who comes up with this. sure, it's sexual assault but 10 years? if they made the punishments realistic people might actually adhere to the law

Seriously? Can you show any research that indicates people will respect the law if punishments are lowered? And who decides what's realistic and what's not - you?

The issue is that all of these don't and do's are realistic but no one bothers to enforce them.

Those charged with enforcement pretend that just issuing a statement / instruction and threat is enough. Everyone knows that so pays little if any attention. 

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Seriously? Can you show any research that indicates people will respect the law if punishments are lowered? And who decides what's realistic and what's not - you?

The issue is that all of these don't and do's are realistic but no one bothers to enforce them.

Those charged with enforcement pretend that just issuing a statement / instruction and threat is enough. Everyone knows that so pays little if any attention. 

i didn't say that i decide what's realistic. what i was getting at is they should IMO have proper realistic punishments to fit a particular crime and then enforced. all they seem to do now, as someone mentioned earlier, is say 10 years and/or fine which would IMO be open to abuse. for groping someone although bloody bad IMO would not warrent 10 years in jail

Just now, Happy enough said:

i didn't say that i decide what's realistic. what i was getting at is they should IMO have proper realistic punishments to fit a particular crime and then enforced. all they seem to do now, as someone mentioned earlier, is say 10 years and/or fine which would IMO be open to abuse. for groping someone although bloody bad IMO would not warrent 10 years in jail

Do you see the contradiction in your post? 

The problem is that everyone will have an idea of what they consider realistic, and probably quite polarized. That's why laws are written, usually with some sentencing guidelines which the judges use when deciding the appropriate sentences. Maximum sentences are often only used for very serious or repeat offenders. 

Yes we all know the vagaries of Thai law and selectivity in application dependent on the perps background etc.

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you see the contradiction in your post? 

The problem is that everyone will have an idea of what they consider realistic, and probably quite polarized. That's why laws are written, usually with some sentencing guidelines which the judges use when deciding the appropriate sentences. Maximum sentences are often only used for very serious or repeat offenders. 

Yes we all know the vagaries of Thai law and selectivity in application dependent on the perps background etc.

People get less for armed robberies and rape.

Completely silly to come up with some arbitary 10 yrs for touching which is hard to prove anyway without video evidence.

Jails are for serious criminals not drunks.

17 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

What a load of twaddle. You think females enjoy being groped by some sexual pervert? You think that's good 'fun"? You should go and live in India, you'd fit in great their. They grope all year, not just for festivals.

Certain police forces in the West are under criticism from feminist groups for not cracking down on gropers and other sexual assault cretins.

Here we have an announcement that those using this celebration to sexual assault ladies and touch them up, whether pissed or not, will face a harsh punishment. Now, whether they'll get off their <deleted> and actually enforce it is another matter. Applause if they do.

Women in bars often grope others and enjoy being groped.