"Don't worry - Chinese space station won't drop on your head!" air chief marshal reassures Thais

webfact

"Don't worry - Chinese space station won't drop on your head!" air chief marshal reassures Thais

5pm.jpg

Image: Sanook//Leo Delauncey / Mailonline 

Air Chief Marshall Jom Rungsawang has moved to allay fears that a Chinese space station will not fall on people in Thailand.

He said there is only a one per cent chance of any of Tiangong 1 falling in Thailand.

Space agencies around the world have predicted that the reentry to earth of the prototype station will be some time before 8th April.

A European agency said the most likely day to watch out will be April 3rd, but it is an inexact science.

ACM Jom said that the station passes over Thailand for five minutes each day. It can be seen with the naked eye atop Doi Inthanon mountain in Chiang Mai, Thailand's highest peak.

Sanook reporters asked him what people should do if it was falling on Thailand.

"Get out of the way, " he said playfully, saying it was most likely to fall in the sea and that most of it would break up and be burned in the upper atmosphere.

It was impossible to be sure, however, and small fragments could be scattered over a wide area.

An internet search revealed that Britain's Guardian newspaper reported that parts as large as 100 kilograms could make it to earth.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-03-28
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

"An internet search revealed that Britain's Guardian newspaper reported that parts as large as 100 kilograms could make it to earth."

I could win the lottery next month, but only if I bought a ticket.

The Grauniad as it was often known, due to the high number of smelling misteaks. Perhaps it was 10 kilograms?

• Haha 1

I understand that ATV-1 was similar in size and this is the re-entry video...Just in case anyone is interested, that is.

Tiangong is supposed to re-enter somewhere between Lat. +43 to -430 and some parts are expected to reach the surface/ocean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

I understand that ATV-1 was similar in size and this is the re-entry video...Just in case anyone is interested, that is.

Tiangong is supposed to re-enter somewhere between Lat. +43 to -430 and some parts are expected to reach the surface/ocean.

thanx for the video   awesome

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

thanx for the video   awesome

You are very welcome. There is a a particular telescope, which as of today, is following the event. When re-entry happens I'm sure the video will all over the news but if it isn't I'll post it.