My Neighbour Keeps Parking their multiple Cars!

falangUK

Hi,

My Neighbour Keeps Parking their multiple Cars on the Street in Front of My House, Can I  Do Something About It?

Is there a law here in Thailand against parking about 3-4 cars and 4 motorbikes blocking my gate? 

Told them several times, but they seem to prefer  parking in front of my property when the whole street is empty and  never seem to park in front of their  own property :(

Just terribly annoying.

TIA

LOL, that's a good suggestion, I wouldn't have a problem  with them parking if they are just considerate enough to ask  me  first and not block the gate. Just defies  belief when the same thing happens at 3 different locations :)

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

Why don't they park inside their own property ?

Also a lot depends on how wide your frontage is and how much space you need to enter and exit etc.

Never seen anyone parking int their  own property, there might be some law against it? :) 
Very wide  in 1 house, narrow on the other 2 houses

Parking and blocking peoples driveways seems to be a national pastime, see the "Angry Aunties" threads.

Even in our small village we get the occasional car parked actually in our driveway (outside the gates) despite it being obvious that the entrance is in use and there are vehicles visible inside. It's usually easy to find the driver, they are invariably in the noodle shop, lots of "sorry, sorry" and the occasional glare for interrupting their lunch whilst they move the car.

It's not like space is at a premium, plenty of room to park on the road and it's not narrow or particularly busy and the Wat has loads of space for when there's a function, but our entrance is obviously more appealing.

Can't speak on Thai Law but in UK Road Tax covers your use of the roads and it was legal in my day to park anywhere, 'unless legally forbidden' on any road.

john

Next door got annoyed with me when I parked in front of their house, but it was everyones road.

Unfortunately in the inner city , parking space is at a premium and a lot of people will not use their actual property for parking when it can be used for something else! So the case about "public property" is true to a certain extent but when people put in a swimming pool instead of parking it does get a tad tedious.

Unfortunately in the inner city it seems to be a case of "use it or lose it".

In this case you have not used it, so lost it to the neighbours!

My neighbor across the street has a friend that parks in front of his house on a regular basis. No problem except when he parks by my gate, I can't pull into my driveway. My response is to park in front of my gate and go in the house, leaving the entire road blocked. His friend usually takes the hint and moves along a bit.

Go and get yourself a couple or three red parking cones (yes thats what they are for) and set them back from 1m beyond your gates.

almost everyonr does it around Nimmen now.

You will find that most people are too bone idle to get of thr car to move them or throw the towel in when it comes to reverse parallel parking into a 8m opening.

44 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Go and get yourself a couple or three red parking cones (yes thats what they are for) and set them back from 1m beyond your gates.

You will find that most people are too bone idle to get of thr car to move them or throw the towel in when it comes to reverse parallel parking into a 8m opening.

Would several plastic chairs work as well?           :sorry:

7 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Your street is only inhabited by women??

(Sorry, only joking!)

Yes I was assuming women but only because I am trying to set up a website for women drivers...sadly it keeps crashing.

On 3/28/2018 at 1:37 AM, falangUK said:

Would if I could but unfortunately I do not have that many vehicles to cover all 3 houses (in as many locations). Perhaps I should make use of the public spots in front of theirs :)

Whatever the law if there is any, go to the Garden shop get some nice big pots and bushes and place them in front of your house. Either way they shouldn't be parking in front of your gate!  Don't get mad just stand listen smile and then walk away.

12 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

a couple of plastic water bottles, or other such mundane household objects, placed in the street 'reserve' parking spaces round my way.

Retaliation can only end badly here even when you try to politely discuss it. Thai's do not like anyone making any observation or criticism of their behaviour, especially a "farang". We are guests here & locals only accept us because of the money & wealth we bring into the country. Do not for one instant think you are welcome & have rights here, because you're not, you don't have any rights whatsoever. Police invariably do not get involved with domestic squabbles unless it gets totally out of hand & even then you will be on a "hiding to nothing'. Anything serious will take years to resolve & most people (even Thai's) will move house if confrontation with neighbours peaks to dangerous levels, hence moving is the only option really. Thai's will park anywhere, complaining just aggravates the situation ........ try placing some cones outside your house to keep your gateway clear as a sign that you need access to your property. It may work ............. good luck with that & try to remain "kool" ok? Perhaps if they have parked infront of your gateway when you return home ...... just park infront of theirs as if it's no problem. No confrontation "eyeball to eyeball" at all ........, but it will just show them that their actions are causing congestion for everyone. Thai's selfish by nature & are not considerate at all ........ their mindset is unique & rarely understood. It's as if they walk around without being aware of anything going on around them .... fact. Best of luck ..... hope things improve. 

The blow of the big pots of flowers, it is effective, in addition, it is pretty.
  That's what I did. But before this solution, I pretended to water the sidewalk, while wetting cars. But here, you must always be present.
Good weed end

This is the Thai problem ....noboddy gives a shit and no respect for others......

the opposite of Budism ........

Most mothers that i know, do not raise their own children........they are dumped at the grand- mother......the opposite of "family first" in Thailand.

Thai-ladies are shy , swim fully dressed.........even the shy -barladies who spend each night in an other bedroom .......shy my ***

So if you own a house ,hope you have good neighbors , hope they dont make a party-house of their property ,because you can do nothing against it .The law will do nothing for you .

You can not tow away a car , even if parked in front of your gate.......try it ...and see what problems will come over you.

been there , done it , ..and moved out completely .

On 28/03/2018 at 3:42 PM, BEVUP said:

Well you do have a right if they deny you access/exit 

Nothing stopping you from calling a tow truck, & if they complain let them know you will send the bill via the police

Be very careful if you decide to take this action, remember that Thais can be extremely revengeful.

On 28/03/2018 at 3:42 PM, BEVUP said:

Well you do have a right if they deny you access/exit 

Nothing stopping you from calling a tow truck, & if they complain let them know you will send the bill via the police

Good one.  Or rent a double decker bus or two to park in front of their house.

On 28/03/2018 at 3:27 PM, Jdietz said:

Public spots, first come first serve.

You want to dictate usage, own it.

Except they are parking across his gate.  Did you read that?

Archived