My Neighbour Keeps Parking their multiple Cars!

falangUK

Have you spoken with them about this... 

The Parking in front of your property is not a big deal and something you could perhaps let go. 

However, parking in front of your gate and blocking access is not acceptable... Have you let them (the house opposite) know this? Yes, they know already, but a reminder won't hurt. 

Put a sign up on your gate. Cones also seem to work here, but it will be a right pain in the backside to have to get out of your car before parking every time you arrive and leave your home. 

Of course, letting the tires down of the offending vehicle will 'drive' the message home - but that will also involve falling out with your neighbors - How far are you prepared to go. 

Sometimes, we are forced to act in a manner we don't like and forced to become someone we don't want to be just to resolve a situation. 

Get a trolley jack... If someone parks in front of your gate, drag their car into the middle of the road!

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The old 'Kipper in the air intake' lark puts a smile on your face if all else fails ?

The Thais came up with their own version of this. It was doing the rounds of Facebook ie Thais dealing with other Thais parking across their gate !

They pour fish sauce into the air intake!

A friend had a Thai neighbour park in front of his gate at 4am, and he couldnt get out at 9am to shop. He went and banged on the guys door till he woke up and moved the car 20 feet back in front of his own house! 

Same thing next morning and more banging and moving of the car. It went on for 5 days before the idiot realized that he was going to get woken up every day he parked there. They are slow learners sometimes

2 minutes ago, cmsally said:

The Thais came up with their own version of this. It was doing the rounds of Facebook ie Thais dealing with other Thais parking across their gate !

They pour fish sauce into the air intake!

Spilt milk is something you only ever do in your own car once too!

Ask me how I found out ?

We used cat skat in the air intake - of course in the North this involved it falling on the heater core.

Not easily forgotten that smell. But you must use fresh as if it is dry it is hard to get it thru the small holes.

On 3/29/2018 at 5:18 AM, Crossy said:

Parking and blocking peoples driveways seems to be a national pastime, see the "Angry Aunties" threads.

Even in our small village we get the occasional car parked actually in our driveway (outside the gates) despite it being obvious that the entrance is in use and there are vehicles visible inside. It's usually easy to find the driver, they are invariably in the noodle shop, lots of "sorry, sorry" and the occasional glare for interrupting their lunch whilst they move the car.

It's not like space is at a premium, plenty of room to park on the road and it's not narrow or particularly busy and the Wat has loads of space for when there's a function, but our entrance is obviously more appealing.

Third world Thai mentality, dont ya just Love it.

I had this problem some years ago in Phuket in a mooban. I just started to park the car half way at my property and half way in front of the gate for some weeks. It looked weird but afterwards nobody parked in front of the gate anymore.

...sadly you know the mentality you are dealing with...

..everyone on the block knows when a foreigner owns anything in the vicinity...

..foreigners and octogenarians...give some people the courage...

...they would think twice otherwise...

Just now, greenchair said:

That's nothing. 

My neighbour has put his 3 trash bins in the middle of the road in my parking space. I ride a motorbike now so I have learned to ignore it. But I will buy a car next month. But where will I park it is my only issue. 

They are utterly stupid,stupidity rules the day,every day

Just now, altcar bob said:

They are utterly stupid,stupidity rules the day,every day

It is certainly a territorial nasty side that some thai have. 

My only consolation, is that they find weaker Thais and do it to them also. It's a joke for them. 

2 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Thais generally operate on 85% humanoid activity, 15% stupidity activity,  unfortunately the stupidity levels are overtaking humanoid activity

You sound like a happy well-adjusted problem solver.

Archived