OIC launches 10-baht travel insurance for Songkran revelers

webfact

OIC launches 10-baht travel insurance for Songkran revelers

ff.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 30th March 2018 (NNT) – The Office of Insurance Commission (OIC) has unveiled a travel insurance package costing only 10 baht to be offered to holidaymakers this Songkran Festival. 

OIC Secretary-General Sutthipol Thaweechaikarn stated that the commission has collaborated with 14 insurance companies to offer the public a Songkran travel insurance policy, for which the premium is 10 baht. 

Coverage includes a 100,000-baht compensation for accident-related death and 50,000 baht for amputations or permanent disabilities. The insurance policy has a duration of 30 days while the age of applicants has been increased from 20-60 years to 20-70 years in a bid to entice more people to get insured. 

The OIC is also cooperating with PTT and Tesco Lotus to give away the 10-baht insurance package to customers during the upcoming Songkran period. If positive feedback is received this year, the commission will consider involving more businesses in similar campaigns in the future. 

More information about the Songkran travel insurance policy is available at the OIC Hotline 1186.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-03-30

Fantastic! Now everybody can drive their vehicles even more carelessly (if that's even possible) knowing that in case of losing a limb or being crushed to a pulp they or their families will be compensated with truly princely amounts. Well, better than nothing, I suppose.

33 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Fantastic! Now everybody can drive their vehicles even more carelessly (if that's even possible) knowing that in case of losing a limb or being crushed to a pulp they or their families will be compensated with truly princely amounts. Well, better than nothing, I suppose.

I'm shocked someone as open minded as you could make such a caustic anti thai comment.

Very out of character ????

The lack of clarity, depth and journalism of this article absolutely sucks.

If the reality is that Tourists can get insurance for 10 baht, the Expats living here in Thailand ought to be p*ssed-off.

10 baht!? 10 baht!!! for Insurance!!!

With the amount of clarity on who, how, why and where, I would probably feel better not knowing this piece of journalism.

That is the level.

If not, broderline fake-news.

10 baht for insurance.

If it were 1000 thb I can somewhat understand, but 10 thb for insurance.

I would normaly complain by saying "I could get blown for that" but 10 thb..... C'mon. Just simply Stupid, or Mad.

On 3/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, yosuik said:

If the reality is that Tourists can get insurance for 10 baht, the Expats living here in Thailand ought to be p*ssed-off.

10 baht!? 10 baht!!! for Insurance!!!

Sure, why not? Max coverage could well be 300 THB so if you enter Bumrungrad with dirty shoes you are already out.