Nok Air to cut and reschedule flights to solve flight delay

rooster59

Nok Air to cut and reschedule flights to solve flight delay

nok.jpg

Nok Air airliner has decided to reduce the number of its flights to avoid the problem of flight delay and, at the same time, has put on standby two planes to be brought in from U-tapao airport in case there is a problem of plane malfunctioning, said Nok Air CEO Piya Yodmanee.

Noting that turbulent weather is another reason for several flight delays, he made clear that Nok Air would not allow its planes to leave the airport in case of turbulent weather for safety sake.

Due to smoke problem from forest fires which usually takes place in the morning for flights in northern provinces, he said the airline would reschedule the morning flights for the routes to Tak, Lampang, Mae Hong Son and Loei to the afternoon.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nok-air-cut-reschedule-flights-solve-flight-delay/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-01

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

in case there is a problem of plane malfunctioning, said Nok Air CEO Piya Yodmanee

Go NOK AIR . . . the airline that doesn't know whether its planes are MALFUNCTIONING or not.

Go NOK AIR . . . the airline that, last September, replaced its former ad-man CEO with a former fleet manager.

Go NOK AIR . . . the airline that is going quackers as to why there are passenger check-in delays.

Go NOK AIR . . . the airline that just doesn't understand how to run an airline.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Years ago I used to fly Nok - reliable and good prices. After too many delays of 30-45 mins and cancellations I now avoid them at all costs. They are clearly running a business model that is 90% profit and 10% safety - with 0% customer service. 

"... and 10% safety - with 0% customer service. "

Well said, customers at check-in, at the boarding gate and on the phone to their call centre can be categorized in a simple phrase 'customers are a nuisance'.

Lion air a lot better.

•  
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Years ago I used to fly Nok - reliable and good prices. After too many delays of 30-45 mins and cancellations I now avoid them at all costs. They are clearly running a business model that is 90% profit and 10% safety - with 0% customer service. 

I made the mistake of flying them last week Khon Kaen to Bangkok. Two hour delay. The previous day the same flight was delayed 40 minutes. When I flew back - not using Nok - I saw on the departure board there were more Nok delays. So, no thanks.

• Like 2

I suspect this is a byproduct of their push to increase aircraft utilization rates and up their average stage length.. both of which add pressure/risks to schedule integrity and magnify IRROPS impacts when delays do occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Their new actions to curb the delays comes too late. They were new, fresh and friendly all gone in one year time. Even without a manager they would have dine a better job.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

"... and 10% safety - with 0% customer service. "

Well said, customers at check-in, at the boarding gate and on the phone to their call centre can be categorized in a simple phrase 'customers are a nuisance'.

Lion air a lot better.

Ditto - I now fly Lion or Thai Smiles or even AirAsia.

No No Nok Nok.

It is pretty obvious, based on my 25 years in the country, that Thai companies have absolutely no interest in their customers once they have their money, as evidenced by the AA captain who couldn't be bothered to turn on his mic and tell the passengers the reason for the delay.

I have also never once received a reply to an email from a Thai company. I have received inedible food in restaurants and all I get is a blank look if I complain. And I read of one man who bought some shoes that fell apart the next day and when he returned and asked for a refund and they refused he in turn refused to leave the store so they called the police.

And is there any other country in the world that prints NO REFUND on credit card slips? They've got your money and that's the end of it as far as they are concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1