What's With The Ad's

Mid

I think he is refering to 'underline-popups' that use post-texts and directly underlines the text itself in the posts...

correct .......loose them :o

I don't have that problem.

What browser are you using. :D

IE7

sorry for the delay replying ........60 sec limit :D

Sounds like Google Ad-sense. I don't see them and didn't think they were used here. Admin?

No, it has nothing to do with Google, different ad-company.

It works by scanning the text on the page and converting all 'good words' into hotlinks then when a user hovers over them will display (in layer) a ad over the page itself. Slows down surfing and scrolling of pages on slower computers and look...awfull. (Yes, have tried it on a site I own.)

Edit: They are removed again. So someone is trying them live against the board currently.

Edit2: No, they are running in General Topics.

Edited by TAWP

The content linked advertisments, dashed annoying things.

http://dc.kontera.com/PublisherExplanation...howtopic=102936

I thought I'd caught something, but no:-

This link is a ContentLink™, powered by Kontera and provided on thaivisa.com

Any way to turn them off?

I have no problem with TARGETTED advertising, but these just grab keywords and bung an advert on them, grrrrrrr.

Edited by Crossy

If you click on the What's this '?' at the top left of the ad, you get the explanation blah blah, right at the bottom of the page is a link to disable Contentlink.

EDIT or follow the link in this post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1101686

I'm not going to click this link until we have some feedback from admin that this is an 'official' Thaivisa function.

Edited by Crossy