What bit me? (with photo)

It certainly looks like an allergic reaction to something. Some pesticides will do that too. It certainly is NOT a centipede sting as you would not be on here asking the question, you would be in agony! Try anti histermene .

A nonsensical post has been removed.

I agree this is probably not a bite but some type of contact dermatitis. I don't know to what but I've had it too after being outdoors.

Steroid cream may help.

Use simple baking soda  make solusion in water and use a cloth to put around bitten /irretated area works better than all the creams in the world 

this is mostley from garden plants  i use it after cutting.

Quadriderm / Buy Original!  Lasts long. Small amount massaged in every few hours, or even better a bit extra and cover with a good bandaid and gone over night. Excellent for all kinds of small wounds, bites, rashes etc. etc. MS>

Could be a rash caused by the Rove beetle. The blood of this beetle is very venomous. These are small sleek beetles that can crawl on you while you are sleeping and by lying on them or squashing them uncounsiously you can come in contact with that venom and get very bad skin rashes. See link here

https://www.whatsthatbug.com/2010/08/08/creechie-bug-paederus-rove-beetle-warning-for-bangkok-thailand/

I see some of these beetles from time to time in our house and kill them immediately. Best to squash them with a tissue paper and wash the hands after that.

They look a bit like a sleek earwig. But I think this one can also fly, so watch out for them.

Check your bed and sitting furniture, sofas and cushions for them.

Good luck

Thanks for the responses. Seems none of them fit. It's 2 days later. The only change is the color is fading.

> allergic reaction, contact dermatitis

Those are surface reactions. The red areas have the same skin feel as the surroundings. The red is under the skin.

> spider bite

The ones I've had and photos I've seen are all round with an obviously more damaged center spot around the bite.

> bed bugs

They start out red and itchy. Mine started looking like a mosquito bite, i.e., skin colored.

Itching is a symptom of all of the above. Mine has the slightest itch on day 1, none since.

> scratch myself
I do that. Always the same spot on my thumb. Looks like a shaved off a micro layer of skin. Never looked like a mosquito bite.

On 4/2/2018 at 2:57 PM, davemos said:

Could be a centipede bite .Had similar then did some serious surface spraying dead centipedes every where .! The Thai will know ?

If its the same centipede that bit / stung me then he would probably have felt the burning pain almost instantly.

There are no signs of insect contact marks, i.e. bite marks or as with centipedes the damaged skin around the contact point.

Edited by Speedo1968
Added additional text

Red "under the skin" is perfectly compatible with contact dermatitis. There are different types of contact derrmatitis, nto all are of the eczemous type. The picture you posted looks exactly like purpuric contact dermatitis.

The redness you see is actually due to bleeding into/under the skin. The toxins in some plants will do this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Red "under the skin" is perfectly compatible with contact dermatitis. There are different types of contact derrmatitis, nto all are of the eczemous type. The picture you posted looks exactly like purpuric contact dermatitis.

Bingo! That's a 100% fit with my symptoms. Had no idea contact dermatitis could be expressed under skin surface. Thanks.