Prices for Pouring Concrete

st11x

Hi,

I got a quote for pouring concrete for a 9 ft x 7.5 ft area suitable for locating a water tank. It was around 12K THB, the concrete is premixed. Trying to get more quotes, does that sound about right?

thanks

Matt

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Last time I bought some it was 1700/1800 baht/sq.mtre so work out how much U will need and there U go...:thumbsup:

i think the price you are listing is price for concrete only (from a premix truck).   And it is per cubic meter  :-)

If you tell the company ( CPAC or another company) the dimensions of your pour...length, width and DEPTH,

they will figure it for you.  The labor to distribute the concrete at the site is another matter.....

• Like 1

The area you are talking about  (roughly 3 meters by 2 1/2 meters) and maybe  12 cm deep)  can easily

be mixed by hand or small mixer.   Should use PORTLAND cement as it sets much quicker and is stronger,

since a water tank can be quite heavy .   Nowadays probably take 3 or 4 guys a day to do it.  figure 500 baht per person.....BUT  the workers love to quote price by the job now...not work by the day like before.

the number of bags of concrete and sand and rock you will have to try to figure out yourself  :-)

i think opalred is right about approx cost  ,  labor and material

But finding willing workers not nearly as easy as years past...supply and demand i think its called

• Like 1

that quote seems a bit too high.
Maybe go to a local store that sells bricks, gravel, sand, bagged cement and get a quote from them. There's plenty of these sorts of places around most neighbourhoods.
Another option would be to have a go yourself, it's not really that hard to do and the result can be quite rewarding.....or get a few mates around, put on a barbie and some beer and make a day of it.

7 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Concrete only or steel, forms and finishing too? How thick?

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

15 cm thick. The 12K was an estimate for 5K labor. The labor includes the rebar, digging, framing, and finishing. They thought the concrete would be 7K, and asked us to get a quote from CPAC which we did. It came up to 3K+, so for a total of 8K+. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Matt

It appears most of the responses are irrelevant.  The all-in cost (leveling; rebar; pouring on a 4" pour; and finishing) is approx. 1200B sq.meter.  Just finished one here at the price - for 10 sq meters - was 21,000 Baht.

1 hour ago, st11x said:

15 cm thick. The 12K was an estimate for 5K labor. The labor includes the rebar, digging, framing, and finishing. They thought the concrete would be 7K, and asked us to get a quote from CPAC which we did. It came up to 3K+, so for a total of 8K+. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Matt

That's an OK price.  Make sure the rebar is positioned properly and doesn't touch the ground and it's as well to treat the area with some termite control product before they pour the concrete.

1 hour ago, st11x said:

Matt

price about right (years ago much cheaper...but this is now  :-).    I suggest you find out what size rebar they plan to use .  Many times it is just "wire mesh"....very thin.   I almost always buy my own materials, that

way there is no misunderstanding.

11 hours ago, Dante99 said:

1,200B/sq. m.  times 10 sq m is 12,000 Baht so why did you pay 21,000?

be careful, you are dealing with a Rottweiler......:shock1:    .   also maybe irrelevant is that 4 " is equal to approx.

10 cm.    Op said the pour is 15 cm thick,  which for a heavy water tower would be recommended.  

So I used the guys recommended to us by the water chang. We thought the price is about what the forum suggests and that the guys will work with the chang.

Instead of 4 people, 2 guys showed up. They did the floor and we had to correct them how to slope it. They had no level nor anything (not a surprise), everything is by the eye. Didn't look very professional, and of course the rain came after they left. They didn't cover the concrete and my wife and I scrambled to put card-boxes on top of it. 

In the end, the surface was scarred by the boxes. The water chang said we should have told them that we wanted the surface smooth and protect it from the rain! 

Oh well, another day here being held hostage by the lack of skilled workers. They didn't come cheap either.

Matt

On April 2, 2018 at 3:52 AM, bloody tiger said:

that quote seems a bit too high.
Maybe go to a local store that sells bricks, gravel, sand, bagged cement and get a quote from them. There's plenty of these sorts of places around most neighbourhoods.
Another option would be to have a go yourself, it's not really that hard to do and the result can be quite rewarding.....or get a few mates around, put on a barbie and some beer and make a day of it.

Do you need a work permit for that?

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 6:45 AM, Dick Crank said:

Do you need a work permit for that?

In my opinion if you are just doing handy work on your own place, nobody is going to bother you for it. (I do it every day)  Even if one of your neighbours tries to maliciously cause trouble by reporting you, then legally I doubt it would stand up in court, otherwise you wouldn't even be able to cook your own meals at home or wash your own clothes as those services are available outside. 

Edited by THAIJAMES

24 minutes ago, THAIJAMES said:

In my opinion if you are just doing handy work on your own place, nobody is going to bother you for it. (I do it every day)  Even if one of your neighbours tries to maliciously cause trouble by reporting you, then legally I doubt it would stand up in court, otherwise you wouldn't even be able to cook your own meals at home or wash your own clothes as those services are available outside. 

Agree doing it your self should be no problem.

But calling in the mates to assist and have a noisy drunken party could well be a different story.

With regard to being reported to immigration, I really wonder how many of the general public even know or care about our performing some routine work around our properties. 

In fact, I'd say that the local authorities don't even know about such a restriction, and even if they were aware of the law, there's nothing in it for them, so chances are good that they wouldn't bother themselves to report anyone either. 

I've never heard of anyone being deported for maintaining his own property.  Correct me if you know otherwise.

I had some guys pour concrete next to my driveway to make room for another car. However, the two areas don't match. The driveway is smooth the addition is rough. Is there an easy way to smooth out the new area so it looks like the driveway? Something ready mixed where I can just add water and apply it myself?