Oil leakage spray on front wheel hubs. Serious?

Not a mechanic myself, but what could be cause of oil leakage sediment spray on our Fortuner front wheel hubs (black dust on photo). If we clean off it comes back after a few days/week. Rear axles are clean. Could this be serious or minor maintenance cost as I have no idea about such matters please? Car about 9 years old.

OilyFrontWheelHubs.JPG

Ok guys thanks. Wife and I thought it was fine oil sprayed on wheel hub! I'm not at the car at moment so will ask about brake pads. We haven't had any fitted that I know of. Hopefully not a big expense when she takes it to a service stop to check it out later this week. I will respond here with the service report later.

21 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Ok guys thanks. Wife and I thought it was fine oil sprayed on wheel hub! I'm not at the car at moment so will ask about brake pads. We haven't had any fitted that I know of. Hopefully not a big expense when she takes it to a service stop to check it out later this week. I will respond here with the service report later.

You did well to get 9 years out of brake pads unless you do very little mileage..:stoner:

Original pads are usually quite good regarding "black" dust, whereas after market pads can be a different story..

You guys are good, appreciate the help. Wife took it to service point and like you said its brake dust. I didn't know but wife had previously fitted new pads about 4 months ago. Yes car is 9 years old now, but not so much mileage as some perhaps, less than 130k on clock since new.

Thanks guys.

4 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

You guys are good, appreciate the help. Wife took it to service point and like you said its brake dust. I didn't know but wife had previously fitted new pads about 4 months ago. Yes car is 9 years old now, but not so much mileage as some perhaps, less than 130k on clock since new.

Thanks guys.

Thought so...:stoner: