Lovely..... but these Thai "guys" are not quite army material!

webfact

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If the Thai Army came looking for me, I'd be putting on my best evening gown and breaking out the makeup. :tongue:

Not a fan of getting pummeled t.d.

Yeah, sure you would, but note this:

Lady boys Theerawat, 24, and Witthanin and Danai, both 21, said they had been to see their doctors who agreed to give them certificates that said there was a discrepancy with the sex stated on their birth certificates and what was actually the case.

Yes, I do understand that doctors can sometimes be corrupt. Just saying there is more to it than dressing up for one day.

Are some of them faking it? Sure. Doesn't tell us how many do though.

Cheers. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, sure you would, but note this:

Like everything else here (where anything can be had for a price), I'm betting there's a group of doctors out in the provinces who are more than happy to write up the desired certificates for a fee. Probably a nice little earner, and get repeat customers each for a couple years.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Like everything else here (where anything can be had for a price), I'm betting there's a group of doctors out in the provinces who are more than happy to write up the desired certificates for fee. Probably a nice little earner.

Could be but at least acknowledge that a good portion of them are sincerely identified that way. 

I don't know what effort they might put into fraud detection in such cases. 

I would have more respect towards this group of sincere transgender women myself if SOME of them were fighting to be allowed to serve, as happens now in western nations. Up to them though. The culture is obviously very different than the west. I think this group could further their efforts toward civil rights here if there was that fight to be allowed to serve as they are. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Given how they behave in Pattaya and Kao San Rd... My guess is a whole brigade of them would strike fear into any adversary!...

Thailand doesn't have women in the army, so it's more complicated.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Just a warning to others.

If you want to watch the video, watch it, but again it has NOTHING to do with this topic.

To add, I could (but won't) post a video with the title BREEDERS and it would have as much to do with the topic here as yours did. 

By "breeders" do you mean perpetuators of the human race, if so then yes i am on that football team.

• Thanks 1

The army recruitment policy encourages males to be like females, if the text of the article is to be believed.  Some are genuine ladyboys, and others are faking it in order to be exempt.  Why not have jobs which ladyboys can do - if they don't want to be soldiers.  Surely there are plenty of cleaning/clerical/cooking/fixing jobs to do in support of the military.

I know a US military guy, now retired, who was surgically altered to be female, ....yet he stayed on the military payroll - doing mechanics on stealth fighters.

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Why are there so many ladyboys in Thailand and in Bresil also ?

I didn't notice so many in Brasil when I was there. 

Also, in Brasil they're at very high risk of being murdered (as are gay people). 

To your basic question, many books have been written!

Edited by Jingthing

54 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Jing, I think the Thai Army does have women, as I just got back lately from a wedding between two Thai Army officers -- and they were NOT both guys!

I think the better statement probably would be -- Thailand doesn't include women in its Army draft and/or the Thai Army doesn't allow women in combat positions.

My wife's recently married Army officer friend is a paper pusher type.

Interesting. I wasn't aware.

This article seems to talk only about specially recruited women to be spies.

Thailand[edit]

Thailand has recently begun recruiting and training women to conduct counter-insurgency operations (c. 2007).[29] A ranger commander said that when women are protesting, "It is better for women to do the talking. Male soldiers look tough and aggressive. When women go and talk, people tend to be more relaxed".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_military_by_country

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Interesting. I wasn't aware.

Nothing new, AFAIK. They're an Army family, and her mother until recently was an Army officer as well, and she (the mother) had been in the service for many years, AFAIK. But again, they're not out driving tanks or practicing to shoot anyone (at least not very often...). More admin positions, but officers, nonetheless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Nothing new, AFAIK. They're an Army family, and her mother until recently was an Army officer as well, and she (the mother) had been in the service for many years, AFAIK. But again, they're not out driving tanks or practicing to shoot anyone (at least not very often...). More admin positions, but officers, nonetheless.

I guess I should have known that now that I think about it. Of course I knew no draft for women here.