Thai students score less than half by average in ONET exam

webfact

Thai students score less than half by average in ONET exam

By Thai PBS

10264976_778697662163867_855009199591326

Mathayomsueksa 6 students have scored less than 50 out of 100 marks by average for all subjects in ONET (Ordinary National Education Test) examination for 2017 educational year.

The average scores for each subject is as follows: 49.25 marks for Thai language subject; 34.70 marks for social science, religious and cultural affairs subject; 28.31 for English; 24.53 for mathematics and 29.37 for science.

Mr Samphan Panpruek, director of The National Institute of Educational Testing Service, said Monday that the students’ average performance in Thai and English languages last educational year was better than a year earlier although the average score for all subjects was less than half the 100-mark score.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-students-score-less-half-average-onet-exam/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-04-03
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AYJAYDEE said:

generalize much? lol

The OP is spot on with his comments, a tour around our local villages will confirm what he says. We are in daily contact with a number of local families, only one is a proper nuclear unit, with Mother and Father both present. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stereolab said:

The OP is spot on with his comments, a tour around our local villages will confirm what he says. We are in daily contact with a number of local families, only one is a proper nuclear unit, with Mother and Father both present. 

so what? our experience is the opposite of that. thats why I said he generalized

10 minutes ago, greenchair said:

The western nations are not failing in every subject in abysmal proportions. 

Especially in the subjects of science, math and their own language. 

I prefer to stay with the topic at hand, which is focused on thailand. 

my point being then your reasons are suspect bnecause this happens in the other countries too:  unlimited access to Internet games and extreme lack of sleep. 

2 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I have seen questions from past test for English.  They should be firing those who come up with the test.  I am sure other sections are no better.

Problem is that it is written by Thais. They think they have more skills than a native QUALIFIED English teacher. 

or,

Maybe they can't afford to pay for a temporary work permit for a boxida (falang) to write the test!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Did you know that Thai kids have to sweep the floor in the yard, so they clean what the messed up. They start with singing the national anthem. They be taught to respect their teachers (not techers).

Have a look at the kids in your own country first before you sprout a lot of nonsense. 

Sorry for the spelling mistake! Very relevant indeed.
Yep, sure, cleaning up after the mess is done. How would it be to know that you throw the garbage in designated places instead of making a mess? Almost same like later in university when somebody is getting stabbed to death by rival gangs. What should they du then? Bring him back to life, by cleaning up the mess?

I can look at my country, and I will see sort of same, but that does not mean I have to agree with it. I just choosed to comment on the part of the world I reside in at this particular time.

Appearently, that wasn´t a lot of nonsense. Even if you choose to think that. One reaction leads to another, which always start a foreseen event of happenings.

• Like 1