Does Honey hotel still exist?

thaibeachlovers

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thanks for the replies. Sad news.

Seems Thailand doesn't give a monkey's about it's history. Money rules everything.

Probably put up a shopping mall instead ( Bkk needs more malls, not )

Had it been kept it could have been renovated and it was always popular anyway. Excellent location. Could have done with a lift, but that's easy enough to put in.

If I may politely enquire: Of what history are you concerned?

If I'm not mistaken, is Honey Hotel famed for being an R & R place for GI's to bring back the hookers? - well, I suppose that's still history... 

Concerning history, it is disappointing that some of Bangkok's architectural heritage is being or has been removed, examples such as the original Siam Intercontinental hotel... others seem to have a colorful history, but are otherwise concrete blocks...

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If I'm not mistaken, is Honey Hotel famed for being an R & R place for GI's to bring back the hookers? - well, I suppose that's still history... 

Concerning history, it is disappointing that some of Bangkok's architectural heritage is being or has been removed, examples such as the original Siam Intercontinental hotel... others seem to have a colorful history, but are otherwise concrete blocks...

3 hours ago, Proboscis said:

It exists but only in the sense when the bargirl says to her client, "Honey Hotel?"

. . . or Horny Hotel, as it was known to its regular customers.

Architecturally, it was nothing to write home about -  unlike some of the voluptuous ladies of the night who entered its hallowed portals mainly on the arms of falang male clients.

Thanks for the memories!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems Thailand doesn't give a monkey's about it's history. Money rules everything.

Had it been kept it could have been renovated and it was always popular anyway. Excellent location. Could have done with a lift, but that's easy enough to put in.

What you describe sounds pretty much  like what the whole world is doing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, timendres said:

Is it possible you are referring to Honey House on Soi 22? I believe that is still there.

No, soi 19. One of the several Vietnam War era hotels that seems to have been put down in recent times once it got to about fifty... 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

No, soi 19. One of the several Vietnam War era hotels that seems to have been put down in recent times once it got to about fifty... 

The Nana Hotel in Bangkok is another that really is past it days but they are renovating it and the rooms look very nice and modern. An on going project but seemed well advanced in November !

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Siam Intercontinental Hotel, well it was a shame to see it go.

The rooms were in the low level concrete blocks behind the main and rather lovely building.

I spent a couple of nice evenings there.

As for the Honey, yes many people must have memories.

Only a few survivors of the old haunts from the 60/70/80s left and most of those have been renovated.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sprigger said:

Up for demolition thank the lord for that it was a absolute shithole.

Uh, no one forced you to stay there and there are hundreds of hotels in that area you could have stayed at instead.

Couldn't book on the internet, so you must have gone there in person. Didn't you check the room first?

For every one complainer, there will be hundreds that liked the place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Uh, no one forced you to stay there and there are hundreds of hotels in that area you could have stayed at instead.

Couldn't book on the internet, so you must have gone there in person. Didn't you check the room first?

For every one complainer, there will be hundreds that liked the place.

Happy memories of my very early trips to Thailand in the eighties when I worked for Seismic companies, when the Honey seemed to have a floor permanently  kept for my fellow "Doodlebugs" :smile:.

Easy walk stagger back from Cowboy too:burp:   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Its not Thailand does not give a monkeys, its the private owners of the hotel doing what any sane and normal person in their position would do, no doubt for the betterment of them and their family. They don't do what a group of nostalgic old pervs feel is the best option. Some ten a penny farang knocking shop hotel is Thailand history to be preserved:passifier:! Good grief.

When i first started coming to Bangkok I stayed at the Miami for years. One night a woman from the Thermae told me to try the Honey she said it was better  and cheaper. I never went back to the Miami. The staff at Honey got to know me and were so nice and pleasant I will miss it. I quess I have no choice now either back to Miami or find a new hotel in the area.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 1:45 PM, smutcakes said:

Maybe if some of the guys who loved it so much, stayed there a bit more, and accepted higher room rates then they would not of decided to close up and sell out.

Yeah...that's why it closed. :crazy:

• 4 weeks later...

I thought it may have closed because the owner received a great offer for the land as a redevelopment site. In fact KPN Co already have marketing signs on display at the site for a condo development.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, mark5335 said:

I thought it may have closed because the owner received a great offer for the land as a redevelopment site. In fact KPN Co already have marketing signs on display at the site for a condo development.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Owners...there were more than one.